Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 229 posts
  • 53 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by Ns2973
  • Topic is favorited by 29 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

1515173819472305551616 (resized).jpg
    15151736596992083981789 (resized).jpg
    images (resized).jpg
    IMG_0102[1] (resized).JPG
    il_340x270.994353214_nsuz (resized).jpg
    Run DMD 2 (800x342) (resized).jpg
    Run DMD 3 (800x346) (resized).jpg
    Run DMD 1 (800x335) (resized).jpg
    IMG_4176 (resized).JPG
    IMG_4173 (resized).JPG
    20170723_224855 (resized).jpg
    20170723_200236 (resized).jpg
    gameroom2.jpg
    11111 (resized).jpg
    11111111 (resized).jpg
    run-dmd white pc board (resized).jpg
    There are 229 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 5.
    #101 6 years ago

Any word on the stern kits by chance?

#102 6 years ago

I was waiting on my neighbor to give me the specs for some acrylic pcs that he wanted laser cut and fit it into my "dead space", but he's on vacation

I think I'll just go ahead and order the remaining acrylic for this final batch tonight along with the smaller, stern sized kits. I should have 5 kits available (I think I've got 3 people on the list including you

#103 6 years ago

I have two of the original clocks. Can I load the additional animations onto it. If so how?

#104 6 years ago

a few people have noticed that when setting the clock to purple (dip switch settings: Up-Down-Up-Up-Down-Up) that not all of the pixels are displaying correctly. I have confirmed this and have passed along the information to Linus (limpan here on pinside)

if Torbjorn (the run-dmd board designer & programmer) is able to correct this with a future firmware release, it would require the run-dmd boards to be re-programmed using the microchip pic kit 3 hardware

note: this only appears to be an issue when selecting purple. all other colors (red, green, blue, yellow, aqua and white) do not appear to be affected.

#105 6 years ago

Yep - I noticed this as well. Hoping for a fix as purple is my preferred color choice!

This clock is still very cool in the other colors though - thanks!

#106 6 years ago
    Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

Yep - I noticed this as well. Hoping for a fix as purple is my preferred color choice!
    This clock is still very cool in the other colors though - thanks!

you're running it in red like everyone else. don't go trying to fool me!

#107 6 years ago

I have passed mine in blue, is better for the eyes ;+)

#108 6 years ago
    Quoted from j_m_:

you're running it in red like everyone else. don't go trying to fool me!

Not me; green is my current choice (after purple).

Run DMD 1 (800x335) (resized).jpgRun DMD 1 (800x335) (resized).jpg
    Run DMD 3 (800x346) (resized).jpgRun DMD 3 (800x346) (resized).jpg
    Run DMD 2 (800x342) (resized).jpgRun DMD 2 (800x342) (resized).jpg

#109 6 years ago

These clocks are so cool and would look great in our game room.
    PM sent.

#110 6 years ago
    Quoted from ronlisa:

These clocks are so cool and would look great in our game room.
    PM sent.

pm replied to

#111 6 years ago

Do the clocks come fully loaded with animations? Or do you download and pick what you want, flash drive install?
    Thanks, these are to cool.

#112 6 years ago
    Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

Do the clocks come fully loaded with animations? Or do you download and pick what you want, flash drive install?
    Thanks, these are to cool.

You have to download the animations from the net.

#113 6 years ago
    #114 6 years ago

Thanks Guys!
    Umm, reverse pm sent?

#115 6 years ago

2017.aug.14 update
    just an FYI
    the current stock level in the initial post represents [complete] component sets that I currently have on hand to build the last clocks in this batch.

the 2nd half of my acrylic order is still being cut and I probably won't receive it for another 2+ weeks. once that is received, the remaining clocks will be assembled and offered (I will update the initial post again with "on hand stock". after those are gone, that's it (from me anyway

#116 6 years ago

Mine's still NIB

#117 6 years ago

2017.aug.16 update
    a few people have reached out to me indicating that they have damaged the front or rear panel and would like a replacement. if you are one of those unfortunate few, please reply in a pm so work out the details with me on purchasing a replacement panel

I'm only going to order a few extra sets, so this will be a limited time offer

#118 6 years ago
    Quoted from j_m_:

<stront>2017.aug.16 update
    a few people have reached out to me indicating that they have damaged the front or rear panel and would like a replacement. if you are one of those unfortunate few, please reply in a pm so work out the details with me on purchasing a replacement panel
    I'm only going to order a few extra sets, so this will be a limited time offer

How limited? I need to find the time to open the thing.... (not joking, honestly asking)

1 week later
    #119 6 years ago

2017.aug.26 update
    after a recent health issue (and a prolonged hospital stay), I should be back in business to ship out the last of the full sized clocks and the stern sized kits by end of of this week (inventory levels will be posted

also, I believe that there were 3 people interested in the stern sized kits (please pm me again

and finally, there one person that had a damaged acrylic panel. please pm the details of what you need so that we can work out the details

#120 6 years ago

2017.aug.29 update
    I've updated the IP with current stock (which is a lie because I haven't had the strength to assemble the clocks yet), but have all of the components on-hand to do so. the plan is that these clocks will be assembled and available by the end of this week.

1 week later
    #121 6 years ago

2017.sep.05 update
    initial post updated with correct current stock info for both the full size and stern sized kits

#122 6 years ago
    Quoted from j_m_:

2017.aug.26 update
    after a recent health issue (and a prolonged hospital stay)

Hope you're feeling better J.M. I'm loving my clock. Thanks for all the hard work!

#123 6 years ago

The clock is awesome.
    Thanks for making these.

#124 6 years ago

j_m_ do you have any spare frames? dropped mine and it shattered.

#125 6 years ago
    Quoted from Syco54645:

j_m_ do you have any spare frames? dropped mine and it shattered.

did you purchase a clock from me? I just checked all of my records and I don't recall having sold one to you

#126 6 years ago
    Quoted from j_m_:

did you purchase a clock from me? I just checked all of my records and I don't recall having sold one to you

Purchased a frame kit from you back before you were doing the clock kits i believe. came with all of the screws and such. just managed to break the front and the back panels when it fell... trying to find all of the pieces to glue it back together but it looks really bad...

these are the instructions for the one that i have.
    https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/run-dmd-frame-assembly-instructions

#127 6 years ago

if you can pm me the dimensions (in mm's) center to center for the studs on the rear of the LED panels, both height and width, I'll see if I still have the old plans and would be more than willing to send you the file to have them printed yourself through ponoko.com

I obviously don't have anything like any more (those panels haven't been available for quite some time now)

#128 6 years ago
    Quoted from j_m_:

if you can pm me the dimensions (in mm's) center to center for the studs on the rear of the LED panels, both height and width, I'll see if I still have the old plans and would be more than willing to send you the file to have them printed yourself through ponoko.com
    I obviously don't have anything like any more (those panels haven't been available for quite some time now)

Thanks, I will check and get back to you. I would not be opposed to upgrading the frames (if you have a spare that is) so long as the hardware is more or less the same.

#129 6 years ago

unfortunately, the frames, display panels and run-dmd pc boards have all changed over the years.

the panels are now a HUB75 variety (vs. the HUB08's of the first couple of runs), and each panel is now comprised of two 32x32 pixel panels where every pixel is uniform to one another

the mounting positions from the LED panels to rear acrylic are different (hence my request for your dimensions) and the run-dmd [white] board only supports the HUB75 and LED (stern and pin-x) type displays

on the plus side, with my last few runs there are now 7 color options to select from (red, green, blue, aqua, yellow, purple and white) vs. the original red, green or amber choices (or just red), depending on who you sourced your panels from

#130 6 years ago
    Quoted from j_m_:

unfortunately, the frames, display panels and run-dmd pc boards have all changed over the years

Oh was unaware. Will get those measurements this week for you and hopefully I can work something out. Was thinking of getting the addon board so that I can control it remotely then this wont happen again.

#131 6 years ago

I received my Run-DMD clock today. It is fantastic! I can't keep my eyes off of it! Its crazy awesome! Highly recommend for ALL Pinheads!

#132 6 years ago

this week only (sep 11th-15th)
    full size clocks $425 plus shipping
    stern sized kits $275 plus shipping ($375 w/ a brand new red LED stern display plus shipping)

I need to pay some medical expenses (and other bills) from being out of commission for 3 weeks so I'm offering a $25 discount on both the full size clocks and stern sized kits thru friday

#133 6 years ago

Is there a typo on the stern size price?

#134 6 years ago

I am curious about getting one of these, how do I go about doing it?

#135 6 years ago
    Quoted from sbskins:

I am curious about getting one of these, how do I go about doing it?

pm me your mailing info as stated in the initial post so that I can calculate the shipping costs and give you a total amount due

2 weeks later
    #136 6 years ago

2017.sep.30 update

regular size clocks ($450 plus shipping) - current stock level: (last updated: 2017.sep.30)
    14 11

stern size dmd clock kits ($300 plus shipping) - current stock level: (last updated: 2017.sep.30)
    (I have 2 brand red LED stern dmd panels. if you need a display, I can include one w/ a kit for an additional $125)

TO ORDER:
    send me a pm with your mailing information and which clock you are interested in so that I can calculate the shipping costs and give you a total amount due

after the stock is depleted, that is all. I am moving onto other projects and these clocks will not be offered any more

#137 6 years ago

Love my clock, awesome product.

#138 6 years ago

2017.oct.02 update
    I will be vending the remaining stock of clocks at the chicago expo next week. for those of you that have been holding out, this is a great time to pick one up and avoid the shipping costs. the clocks will be sold assembled & packaged in bubble wrap

I will be giving away 2 assembled pico run-dmd clocks @ expo (courtesy of limpan and torbjorn!
    there is no purchase necessary to enter, however you must be present to win
    the winner for one pico clock will be randomly drawn from the tickets each day on thursday and friday night prior to the vendor hall closing

#139 6 years ago

j_m_

Wondering if you have access to dropbox and could upload the file containing latest images. This would allow people to download, reformat and flash the graphics onto their existing SD card. Advantages of this method - quick and cheap for customers and minimal hassle for yourself. Alternatively, could you buy some sd cards, load latest graphics, test and mail these for small cost? Something in range of $25 would sell well and be a valuable service. SD cards cost $10 and USPS offers flat rate shipping for $7 to help support this happening.

#140 6 years ago

I just wanted to let people know that this extension cord worked for me: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00M85BINI/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00

I saw some posts recommending some 2.1mm ones, but they wouldn't fit.

Edit: This is for the new board. I got my full-size clock from j_m_ last week.

#141 6 years ago
    Quoted from mamefan:

I just wanted to let people know that this extension cord worked for me: amazon.com link »
    I saw some posts recommending some 2.1mm ones, but they wouldn't fit.

Is this for the newer boards? I thought I remembered there being an update through the run.

I just got mine about a month ago and it's pretty high up on my wall and the transformer box is just kind of dangling there. I probably need something like this.

#142 6 years ago
    Quoted from Jarbyjibbo:

Is this for the newer boards? I thought I remembered there being an update through the run.
    I just got mine about a month ago and it's pretty high up on my wall and the transformer box is just kind of dangling there. I probably need something like this.

Funny, same here. Its just hanging. Diffenitly need longer one to get transformer to ground.

#143 6 years ago
    Quoted from Jarbyjibbo:

I just got mine, so yes. I got it from j_m_.

#144 6 years ago
    Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

Funny, same here. Its just hanging. Diffenitly need longer one to get transformer to ground.

See edit.

#145 6 years ago

Thanks, got mine in the last couple months.
    The animations are endless. I catch myself staring at it.

#146 6 years ago

just to clarify, the last 3 runs have shipped with the same run-dmd boards. only the mounting positions on the LED panels have varied

(the LED panels were produced and sourced from the same manufacturer, but whomever they contracted with for the frames, changed the mounting locations which caused me to modify the rear panels to accommodate for both types of panels

hope to see and meet many of you next week @ expo (I should be a the twin peaks meet 'n greet as well as helping trent run his tourney, james loflin's booth (where clocks will be assembled on the spot and sold) and occasionally in clay harrell's repair room [just to give him grief

#147 6 years ago

j_m_ any chance you can respond to the great idea in post #139?

#148 6 years ago
    Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

j_m_ any chance you can respond to the great idea in post #139?

I pm'ed you, however just to clarify for everyone else

I have been merely a "middleman" who has been assembling and selling a finished clock product and have nothing to do with the distribution of firmware and SD card images and/or updates

in the past, I have been able to offer firmware updates for those with the original and EDGE run-dmd boards having a PIC chip. however, all of the run-dmd WHITE boards have a surface mounted firmware chip that requires the use of the microchip PICKIT 3 (or compatible) programming device to update the firmware

all clocks that I have sold have been shipped with the latest firmware (currently v3.52) available at the time of assembly

#149 6 years ago

2017.oct.06 update
    if anyone is planning on purchasing up a run-dmd clock from me @ expo next week but would like it boxed up for shipping, now is the time to let me know

due to the size of the boxes and amount of packaging peanuts (per clock) involved, the clocks assembled and sold at the show will only be wrapped in bubblewrap unless prior arrangements are made with me via this thread or by private message. I will try my best to accommodate everyone (unless I receive too many requests

the deadline for making these arrangements with me is this sunday, october 8th 2017

#150 6 years ago

2017.oct.09 update
    everything is all boxed up and ready to make the journey to expo

clocks will be sold in the vendor room (james loflin's booth) as well as in rob anthony's old repair room (where clay is taking up residence this year). I'll be bouncing between both areas (and using the repair room to assemble clocks on an "as needed" basis

remember that courtesy of limpan and torbjorn, 2 pico run-dmd micro clocks will be raffled off on both thursday and friday evening.
    NO PURCHASE NECESSARY, but you must be present to win (the drawings will most likely be held at 11pm/11:30pm CST on both nights.
    as an added incentive, I will be drawing an additional 3 tickets per day for a cash discount on purchasing a full sized clock or stern sized kit. (no worries if you purchased it earlier that day or the previous day [in the case of friday], I will refund back the discount amount won!

There are 229 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 5.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/run-dmd-assembled-clocks-batch-7-gauging-interest/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.