2 years ago

Topic Stats

• 229 posts
  • 53 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by Ns2973
  • Topic is favorited by 30 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 16 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

1515173819472305551616 (resized).jpg
    15151736596992083981789 (resized).jpg
    images (resized).jpg
    IMG_0102[1] (resized).JPG
    il_340x270.994353214_nsuz (resized).jpg
    Run DMD 2 (800x342) (resized).jpg
    Run DMD 3 (800x346) (resized).jpg
    Run DMD 1 (800x335) (resized).jpg
    IMG_4176 (resized).JPG
    IMG_4173 (resized).JPG
    20170723_224855 (resized).jpg
    20170723_200236 (resized).jpg
    gameroom2.jpg
    11111 (resized).jpg
    11111111 (resized).jpg
    run-dmd white pc board (resized).jpg

There are 229 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 5.
    #1 2 years ago

regular size clocks ($450 plus shipping) - current stock level: (last updated: 2018.jan.10)
    9 0

stern size dmd clock kits ($250 plus shipping [$50 winter marches on discount]) - current stock level: (last updated: 2018.apr.05)
    6 0

TO ORDER:
    send me a pm with your mailing information and which clock you are interested in so that I can calculate the shipping costs and give you a total amount due

shipping

legend: [AC] - address confirmed

shipped & confirmed receipt
    evileye, bertille, PinDeb, Bos98, mittens, ekthoren, pinball_whore, GreatBug, turbo20lbs, Draegermeister
    tuna_delight, Meegis, pinaholic, Redo, WackyBrakke, bpa, RandyV, ronlisa, CKrueger, Sixxin, Feels_road
    Ericpinballfan, Zampinator, mamefan, DallasPinball, peekb, Bojo, pin_guy, DngrWillRobinson, Puffdanny
    Pball, Fishhawk1650, aaronmv, Rody, gentrsa, empty-m, KingBW, Apex, Owlnonymous (x2), MeNaCeFiRe
    jbovenzi [kit], Peer, Crile1, leesparts
    description:
    assembled using custom laser-cut acrylic panels, the clocks use (2) two P5 sized rgb LED panels, which are mounted side-by-side to display the 128x32 dot resolution (just like a pinball DMD). each clock measures approximately 28.00" (w) x 7.50" (h) x 1.50" (d)
    although the clock can only display monochrome colored animations, the user has the ability to select between one of 7 colors (red, green, blue, yellow, magenta, teal or white) by toggling the six dip switches accessible from the backside of the clock (see below for legend)

the clocks ship ready to mount on the wall (with 2 hanging holes [16" on center]) or place on a shelf or desktop. only a small amount of assembly required to install the front panel with the enclosed hardware and tools
    (the front, transparent gray acrylic panel is shipped with the protective paper still attached to prevent it from getting accidentally scratched during transit

the clocks feature a custom designed, laser cut acrylic front and rear panel. the front panel is a dark transparent grey (to neatly hide the internal components when the clock is not powered on) and a rear panel that is black, featuring material that has a glossy front side and matte back side (to help reduce/eliminate fingerprints).
    custom cut-outs in the rear panel allow access to: CR2032 battery, the power cable port, a 6-pin ICSP header to facilitate updating the run-dmd pc board's firmware and the 6 toggle switch block to change the clock's display color

color selectable dip-switch settings:
    on-off-off-on-off-off = red
    off-on-off-off-on-off = green
    off-off-on-off-off-on = blue
    on-on-off-on-on-off = yellow
    on-off-on-on-off-on = purple
    off-on-on-off-on-on = teal
    on-on-on-on-on-on = white

on - up, off - down

information regarding how to adjust the many options found in the clock can be found here:
    http://www.phosphors.com/run-dmd/Run-DMD_v3.52_Menu_Navigation.pdf

the cost per clock is $450 plus shipping, and each clock includes the following:
    - a mostly assembled run-dmd clock
    - (1) CR2032 lithium coin battery (to store all user defined settings and keep time when the clock is powered off)
    - (1) 5v, 10a power supply to power the clock with a 6' grounded 3-prong cable (north american standard)

video of retromanIE's clock from the batch 5

NOTE:
    please take the time to read the .pdf user guide linked above prior to attempting to change/adjust any of the clock settings (especially the ones under the TOOLS menu option

PLEASE READ the NOTE at the bottom of this post PRIOR attempting to modify the settings of your clock

activating the "detect DMD" option will attempt to re-detect the various compatible dmd panel types connected to your run-dmd pc board. if your panels are working correctly, you DO NOT want to select this option

there is a good chance that you can accidentally re-format your SD card, losing all of the settings and animations on the card if you select this option

if you do select this option, you will have to go through the process of re-selecting the correct display type (by pressing and holding down button 3, while powering up the clock and then waiting for the display types to begin to cycle and confirming the correct display type with button 4

you may also have to re-image your SD card using hdd raw copy
    http://hddguru.com/software/HDD-Raw-Copy-Tool/HDDRawCopy1.10Setup.exe

ADDITIONAL NOTE:
    DO NOT attempt to read the SD card in your computer. due to the nature of how the information is [blindly] written to the card, your computer will report that the card is not formatted. again, DO NOT format the card, otherwise you will lose all of your settings and animations stored on the SD card

#2 2 years ago

How am I just discovering this now? Count me in!

#3 2 years ago

Great ! I take One !
    Thanks !

#4 2 years ago

Hello,

Can i get one please ....

Merci

#5 2 years ago

most of the components have been sourced and received. building of the harnesses will commence starting in the new week or so and the clocks will be made available in june/july. at that time, I will request mailing information to calculate shipping costs and give a total amount due

this is the final batch that I will be assembling and selling. it's time for me to move on to other projects

#6 2 years ago
    Quoted from j_m_:

most of the components have been sourced and received. building of the harnesses will commence starting in the new week or so and the clocks will be made available in june/july. at that time, I will request mailing information to calculate shipping costs and give a total amount due
    this is the final batch that I will be assembling and selling. it's time for me to move on to other projects

Sounds good, thanks for doing this!

#7 2 years ago

Great !!!

#8 2 years ago

I would like to get one of these. Please let me know how to proceed.

Thanks.

#9 2 years ago
    Quoted from PinDeb:

I would like to get one of these. Please let me know how to proceed.
    Thanks.

see my post about 4 replies up

#10 2 years ago

since I am getting quite of few pm's, I might as well start officially taking names

please pm me with your complete mailing address information (this should include: your full name, mailing address and country that you reside)

I will change the first post to reflect and list those people who have expressed an interest since there will be a limited number of clocks available in late june/early july

#12 2 years ago

yeah, yeah, yeah
    I need to add you per our earlier discussion

#13 2 years ago
    Quoted from j_m_:

yeah, yeah, yeah
    I need to add you per our earlier discussion

I'm still on the fence, but with a heavy lean. Need to figure out the dollar exchange issue.

#14 2 years ago
    Quoted from Meegis:

I'm still on the fence, but with a heavy lean. Need to figure out the dollar exchange issue.

Let me push you over the fence, get it it is well worth the price. Although not cheap the sign is just awesome and worth every penny. I was on the fence too but am glad I went through with the purchase, it is absolutely awesome. I have the clock in the living room and although my wife would prefer it was where the pinballs are at, I like having a pinball reminder that is apart from the games.

#15 2 years ago
    Quoted from Pinballlew:

Let me push you over the fence, get it it is well worth the price. Although not cheap the sign is just awesome and worth every penny. I was on the fence too but am glad I went through with the purchase, it is absolutely awesome. I have the clock in the living room and although my wife would prefer it was where the pinballs are at, I like having a pinball reminder that is apart from the games.

I totally here you and I have a great place for it. Only issue is once exchange crosses back, and I get it home. Im looking at a $750 bill

I met J_M_ in person recently and we spoke about it. He knows where my heads at. I did mention it to my wife that my birthday comes up in August and I can grab it from J_M_ end of July

#16 2 years ago

Best clock I ever bought. Buy with confidence.

#17 2 years ago

I'm a definite maybe on the fence too. I saw it at the VFW. Does the temperature display option come with it?

#18 2 years ago
    Quoted from KingBW:

I'm a definite maybe on the fence too. I saw it at the VFW. Does the temperature display option come with it?

No temperature

#19 2 years ago
    Quoted from KingBW:

the temperature option can be added, I just don't offer it as an option with my clocks (you can purchase the board from the run-dmd.com website for 35euros plus shipping
    http://run-dmd.com/product/exp-temp

#20 2 years ago
    Quoted from Meegis:

what do they pay you in canada for selling your plasma?

#21 2 years ago
    Quoted from j_m_:

what do they pay you in canada for selling your plasma?

social healthcare

we donate

and I am not even allowed to (health reasons)

#22 2 years ago

+1 up here in Canada

#23 2 years ago

I'd take one

#24 2 years ago

I'd take one (just setup rundmd pin on old display - awesome)

#25 2 years ago

updated list of people wanting a clock

#26 2 years ago

What a great clock! I notice that in the .pdf you put up that there is an option of a remote control!

Can this be bought for those that have one without? Shipped to Australia?

#27 2 years ago
    Quoted from jardine:

What a great clock! I notice that in the .pdf you put up that there is an option of a remote control!
    Can this be bought for those that have one without? Shipped to Australia?

run-dmd.com sells the remote controls. I had issues with the receiver units one version worked, the other did not. additionally if you hook up the receiver with the antennae incorrectly, you'll smoke the whole board (another reason why I stopped offering them

#29 2 years ago
    Quoted from j_m_:

current stock level:
    gauging demand to order and assemble all of the parts for one last run of run-dmd clocks
    if you are interested in purchasing one, please reply to this thread and pm me your mailing info
    .I'm interested. Mcnuts48@cox.net
    Thanks Paul
    description:
    assembled using custom laser-cut acrylic panels, the clocks use (2) two P5 sized rgb LED panels, which are mounted side-by-side to display the 128x32 dot resolution (just like a pinball DMD). each clock measures approximately 28.00" (w) x 7.50" (h) x 1.50" (d)
    although the clock can only display monochrome colored animations, the user has the ability to select between one of 7 colors (red, green, blue, yellow, magenta, teal or white) by toggling the six dip switches accessible from the backside of the clock (see below for legend)
    the clocks ship ready to mount on the wall (with 2 hanging holes [16" on center]) or place on a shelf or desktop. only a small amount of assembly required to install the front panel with the enclosed hardware and tools
    (the front, transparent gray acrylic panel is shipped with the protective paper still attached to prevent it from getting accidentally scratched during transit
    the clocks feature a custom designed, laser cut acrylic front and rear panel. the front panel is a dark transparent grey (to neatly hide the internal components when the clock is not powered on) and a rear panel that is black, featuring material that has a glossy front side and matte back side (to help reduce/eliminate fingerprints).
    custom cut-outs in the rear panel allow access to: CR2032 battery, the power cable port, a 6-pin ICSP header to facilitate updating the run-dmd pc board's firmware and the 6 toggle switch block to change the clock's display color
    color selectable dip-switch settings:
    on-off-off-on-off-off = red
    off-on-off-off-on-off = green
    off-off-on-off-off-on = blue
    on-on-off-on-on-off = yellow
    on-off-on-on-off-on = purple
    off-on-on-off-on-on = teal
    on-on-on-on-on-on = white
    on - up, off - down
    information regarding how to adjust the many options found in the clock can be found here:
    the cost per clock is $440 plus shipping, and each clock includes the following:
    - a mostly assembled run-dmd clock
    - (1) CR2032 lithium coin battery (to store all user defined settings and keep time when the clock is powered off)
    - (1) 5v, 10a power supply to power the clock with a 6' grounded 3-prong cable (north american standard)
    video of retromanIE's clock from the batch 5
    » YouTube video
    reservation list (to date) (last updated: 2017.may.21)
    AliciaC - [AC]
    evileye - [AC]
    Bertille - [AC]
    Unclefab - [AC]
    PinDeb - [AC]
    Bos98 - [AC]
    Meegis
    pinaholic - [AC]
    mittens - [AC]
    ekthoren - [AC]
    Profgrif - [AC]
    legend: [AC] - address confirmed

#30 2 years ago

update: 2017.may.26
    run-dmd white boards were ordered and paid for yesterday. the acrylic and shipping boxes will be ordered once I have confirmation that the boards are shipping from sweden

all that's left now is sort the hardware (to make it easier to assemble each individual clock) and craft the custom power and data cables

1 week later
    #31 2 years ago

Please count me in!

#32 2 years ago

I apologize if this has been asked/answere already but are the animations configurable in any way ie; which machine titles you would like to display or is it just a big data file that contains everything? I'm more of a B/W guy, didn't know if we could tailor the animations more towards our collections or not.

Thanks.

#33 2 years ago
    Quoted from flipper_fever76:

I apologize if this has been asked/answere already but are the animations configurable in any way ie; which machine titles you would like to display or is it just a big data file that contains everything? I'm more of a B/W guy, didn't know if we could tailor the animations more towards our collections or not.
    Thanks.

Yes they are

#34 2 years ago

thanks PinballLew

if everyone would take the time to read the menu navigation guide .pdf posted in the OP (and again here in this reply), it will probably answer 99% of the questions that you may have about the available options for the product that the run-dmd guys are putting out

#35 2 years ago
    Quoted from j_m_:

thanks PinballLew
    if everyone would take the time to read the menu navigation guide .pdf posted in the OP (and again here in this reply), it will probably answer 99% of the questions that you may have about the available options for the product that the run-dmd guys are putting out

But does it display the time?

#36 2 years ago
    Quoted from Meegis:

But does it display the time?

only if you pay for the upgrade

#37 2 years ago

*Time sold separately

#38 2 years ago
    Quoted from j_m_:

only if you pay for the upgrade

Quoted from Pinballlew:

*Time sold separately

Im already gonna be in the hole an extra 40% for exchange and another 13% tax.

$700 clock as of right now.

#39 2 years ago

you could always move a bit south and west (into the ghettos of detroit) to save yourself that exchange rate

#40 2 years ago
    Quoted from j_m_:

you could always move a bit south and west (into the ghettos of detroit) to save yourself that exchange rate

I would love to live in America.... I just need employment.

#41 2 years ago

2017.jun.06 update
    the first batch of run-dmd pc boards could arrive prior to the end of the month. once I have confirmation that they are shipping, the acrylic will be ordered and I should be able to accommodate everyone on the list to date

invoicing (via a pm) will commence once the clocks have been assembled, boxed and are ready to post out

#42 2 years ago

Great news !

#43 2 years ago

Awesome thanks

#44 2 years ago

Awesome, thanks for the update!

#45 2 years ago

1 week later
    #46 2 years ago

2017.jun.26 update
    limpan just pm'ed me that the first batch of run-dmd white pc boards have been shipped out. I've also placed the order for the acrylic for the first 24 clocks this morning, (which I should have by the end of next week)

assembly of the custom length power and data cables will commence this week and clock assembly & boxing will start to occur as soon as the pc boards and acrylic panels arrive

look for a pm containing a total amount due along with where/how to pay within the next 15-20 days

if anyone has any questions that have not been answered, feel free to pm me or post to this thread

#47 2 years ago

Thanks for the update! Very excited

#48 2 years ago
    Quoted from j_m_:

2017.jun.26 update
    limpan just pm'ed me that the first batch of run-dmd white pc boards have been shipped out. I've also placed the order for the acrylic for the first 24 clocks this morning, (which I should have by the end of next week)
    assembly of the custom length power and data cables will commence this week and clock assembly & boxing will start to occur as soon as the pc boards and acrylic panels arrive
    look for a pm containing a total amount due along with where/how to pay within the next 15-20 days
    if anyone has any questions that have not been answered, feel free to pm me or post to this thread

Can you PM me a phone number I can reach you on?

Hoping my dirty talk can persuade you

#49 2 years ago

Thank you for the update!

Do you happen to know if it's easy to install the temperature option after the clock is assembled? Is it plug and play, or do I need my soldering iron?

#50 2 years ago

Looking forward to the PM on where to send payment soon!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 5.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Doc's Pinball Shop
    $ 99.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 89.99
    Lighting - Led
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 9.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 18.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    Pinball Machine
    Operation Pinball
    $ 96.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 18.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 9.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 6.00
    Electronics
    German-Pinball-Modular
    $ 149.00
    Displays
    Boston Pinball Company
    $ 30.00
    Pinball Machine
    Habos Arcade
    $ 40.00
    Lighting - Other
    Funhouse Custom Lamp Out of stock
    Professor Pinball
    $ 75.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    DBC Pinball
    $ 29.50
    Playfield - Plastics
    Pinball Haus
    $ 219.99
    Lighting - Led
    PinballBulbs
    $ 146.66
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Medisinyl Mods
    $ 11.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 65.00
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    Texas Pinball
    $ 229.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    Cabinet - Other
    Rock Custom Pinball
    $ 45.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Hookedonpinball.com
    $ 24.25
    Lighting - Other
    The MOD Couple
    There are 229 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 5.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside