Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 115 posts
  • 27 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by j_m_
  • Topic is favorited by 17 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

run-dmd white (resized).png
    uline order (resized).JPG
    empire (resized).jpg
    IMG_2140 (resized).JPG
    IMG_2137 (resized).JPG
    IMG_2144 (resized).JPG
    IMG_2142 (resized).JPG
    IMG_2136 (resized).JPG
    IMG_2134 (resized).JPG
    IMG_2133 (resized).JPG
    IMG_2132 (resized).JPG
    IMG_2131 (resized).JPG
    IMG_2130 (resized).JPG
    IMG_2129 (resized).JPG
    IMG_2128 (resized).JPG
    IMG_2127 (resized).JPG

There are 115 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.
    #101 7 years ago

NOTICE
    for those of you that are updating the SD cards to the latest image files

all of the settings are stored on the SD card. this means that when you re-image the card, you are going to lose any settings that you previously set and saved

when you power up the clock again, you will need to hold in button 3 while powering up the clock. continue to hold down button 3 until the various display types start to cycle. press button 4 after display type 'C' appears to lock in the display type (this is for the HUB75 [rgb] panels)

NOTE: button 1 is the one closest to the SD card
    run-dmd white (resized).pngrun-dmd white (resized).png

after that, the list below are the setting changes that I made to the initial SD card images sent with the clocks

settings that you may want to re-address after re-imaging the SD card
    ANIMATIONS - ENABLE ALL (scroll to this sub option and SAVE)
    STATUS LED - change this to 'disabled' (this eliminates that blinking LED on the run-dmd pc board
    CONTENT FILTER - change this to 'enable all'
    DMD CONTRAST - change this to 'enhanced'
    TOOLS - BUTTONS - change this to 'reversed'

#102 7 years ago

I didn't do the animations enable all this time and I'm seeing the new ones so maybe not needed?

#103 7 years ago
    Quoted from j_m_:

NOTICE
    for those of you that are updating the SD cards to the latest image files
    all of the settings are stored on the SD card. this means that when you re-image the card, you are going to lose all of those
    when you power up the clock again, you will probably have to power it up while holding in button 3, and then press button 4 after display type 'C' appears
    after that, the list below are the setting changes that I made to the initial SD card images sent with the clocks
    settings that you may want to re-address after re-imaging the SD card
    ANIMATIONS - ENABLE ALL (scroll to this sub option and SAVE)
    STATUS LED - change this to 'disabled' (this eliminates that blinking LED on the run-dmd pc board
    CONTENT FILTER - change this to 'enable all'
    DMD CONTRAST - change this to 'enhanced'
    TOOLS - BUTTONS - change this to 'reversed'

Just an additional note: When you power up the clock for the first time after re-imaging the SD card, remember button 3 will really be button 2 and button 1 will be button 4 until you go in to the TOOLS menu and set to "reversed". I learned this the hard way.

#104 7 years ago

button 1 is still button 1 and so forth, but you have to remember that the run-dmd pc board is installed upside down (and backwards if we're going to get technical so that you can access the buttons from the bottom of the clock.

I did this because as a large, walled mounted device, it made more sense to give everyone access to the menu options without having to stand on a step ladder or take the clock down off of the wall to access the buttons

#105 7 years ago

I just found out about these cool clocks from a friend who is a happy customer. How did I miss these...multiple times?!? Please add me to your list for the next run!

#106 7 years ago

2016.dec.05 update
    I'm still waiting for the final 5 people on the lists to complete their transaction or provide me with an update

if I do not receive payment or a reply by the end of business (5pm EST) this friday, dec 09 I will release those clock(s) and make them available to others that have expressed interest

#107 7 years ago

two days to go. if payment and/or valid communication isn't received from:
    2Kaulitz, lurch, egiblet and Tony1312

those clocks will be offered up to:
    attack7, Pinzilla, Pocketchange, bigarn

based on this and past batches, going forward the clocks will be simply produced and offered up for a speedy transaction. I'm kind of done with all of these people who state that they want something and then do not have the common courtesy to reply back to any pm's (even if it's just to let me know that they are no longer interested

#108 7 years ago

Common guys, give j_m_ the courtesy of a PM.
    People understand life events and changing situations and priorities. But he's put lots of ingenuity, time and resources ($$$) in this fantastic project; all for our benefit and enjoyment. At least PM him confirming or canceling your order.

#109 7 years ago

what type of SD card is best to buy for this? I want to update mine and would rather do that with a new card. If something goes wrong I can also revert back to the original SD card.

#110 7 years ago
    Quoted from Pmaino:

what type of SD card is best to buy for this? I want to update mine and would rather do that with a new card. If something goes wrong I can also revert back to the original SD card.

everything that's currently on there takes up less than 200MB, so a 2GB one will hold everything just fine (and take a little less time to image
    https://www.amazon.com/Transcend-Flash-Memory-Card-TS2GSDC/dp/B000FGNM6I/ref=sr_1_1

#111 7 years ago

Perfect. Thanks.

#112 7 years ago

2016.dec.12 update
    the last 3 clocks should ship out tonight (barring any unforeseen issues with the 8-10" of snow that we received last night/this morning

going forward, I've decided to reduce the headaches on my end by ordering all of the components
    once everything is received, assembled and boxed up, I will create a thread offering up [x] number of ready to ship clocks

in the past batches, I thought that it was a good idea to try and gather everyone's mailing info [ahead of time] to save a step and gauge demand, but in reality, I think that [I ended up creating] an unnecessary gap between collecting the information and receiving the parts for assembly. this, in turn, created an inherent percentage of people asking to be added to the reservation list, without any intent of following through and purchasing a clock

#113 7 years ago

all clocks have now been shipped. thank you everyone that purchased one. for those still interested, check back around the beginning of february 2017

1 month later
    #114 7 years ago

2017.jan.17 update
    parts are starting to roll in and everything still looks good to having clocks assembled and ready for purchase the 1st or 2nd week of february

stay tuned and look for a new thread starting in about 2-3 weeks with purchase information

1 week later
    #115 7 years ago

I think that I'm close enough to the finish line to start this:
    https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/run-dmd-assembled-clocks-batch-6

There are 115 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/run-dmd-assembled-clocks-batch-5/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.