Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 115 posts
  • 27 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by j_m_
  • Topic is favorited by 17 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

run-dmd white (resized).png
    uline order (resized).JPG
    empire (resized).jpg
    IMG_2140 (resized).JPG
    IMG_2137 (resized).JPG
    IMG_2144 (resized).JPG
    IMG_2142 (resized).JPG
    IMG_2136 (resized).JPG
    IMG_2134 (resized).JPG
    IMG_2133 (resized).JPG
    IMG_2132 (resized).JPG
    IMG_2131 (resized).JPG
    IMG_2130 (resized).JPG
    IMG_2129 (resized).JPG
    IMG_2128 (resized).JPG
    IMG_2127 (resized).JPG

There are 115 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.
    #1 7 years ago

if I can get a minimum of 20 people willing to commit, I will be willing to offer one more run of the full size run-dmd clocks this year

this is the same design that I just recently completed shipping featuring rgb LED panels
    see this thread for more info: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/run-dmd-assembled-clocks-batch-4

the cost is $434 (due to running it as a smaller batch) plus shipping and includes a mostly assembled run-dmd clock, CR2032 lithium watch (coin type) battery, and a 5v, 10amp power supply and ac cord (usa - 3 prong grounded standard). the color for clock is user select-able (via a switch bank). the clock can be operated in one of the following 7 colors (red, green, blue, yellow, purple, teal, white)

the front acrylic panel is transparent gray and the rear panel is black with a matte finish on the exterior (back) side. the rear panel also features a pair of holes (16" on center) so that the clock may be mounted on the wall.

payment will be due only if a minimum of 20 people are [on board] and only when, after all of the components are received, the clocks have been assembled and are ready to ship

reservation list
    Tony1312 [AC] - shipped 2016.dec.12 [intl]

THE LIST IS NOW CLOSED as of 2016.sep.23 I am only ordering enough components to satisfy those people listed

* [AC] - address confirmed

confirmed deliveries:
    rlslick, McKie1, Dukie, GregP, TomGWI, ItsOnlyPinball, MadMaxDad, BOBCADE, Snoopyseb, PopBumperPete, Pinballew, jbovenzi, smokedog, mayboyz, pcb355, venom112, ScottyC, Toucanf16, Pinzilla, attack7, Pocketchange, RetromanIE, bigarn

NOTE: if I do not receive payment or any replies after sending out the invoice pm, your clock will be held for a period of 14 days before I remove your name and offer it up to the next person on the waiting list

please pm me with your complete mailing address information to save us both this step when the clocks have been assembled and are ready to ship

#2 7 years ago

please add me on the list for one ill also send a PM

#3 7 years ago

Saw one in person and like the look of it

Please add me to the list.

Cheers.

#4 7 years ago

Yes.. please add me on the list if you ship internationally. Tnx

#5 7 years ago

*Please remove*

Added over 7 years ago: Can't wait to get one

#6 7 years ago

Please add me to the list.....

#7 7 years ago

Add me on please!

#8 7 years ago

Add me on as well, thanks!

#9 7 years ago

Make them in China, cut the cost and sell thousands of them !

#11 7 years ago

is this fully assembled?

Do you have a video of the clock?

#12 7 years ago

You can see a video of it in his batch 4 thread. My friend bought one and I was amazed by it so I got on the list for batch 5.

#13 7 years ago

please add me to the list

saw it at MDclips house really nice.

I assume you can change the color? I know it's monochrome but I saw two different colors on that thread.

#14 7 years ago

Do these have to hang on the wall or is there a table stand also?

#15 7 years ago
    Quoted from rai:

I assume you can change the color? I know it's monochrome but I saw two different colors on that thread.

from the first post:
    the color for clock is user select-able (via a switch bank). the clock can be operated in one of the following 7 colors (red, green, blue, yellow, purple, teal, white)

Quoted from BOBCADE:

Do these have to hang on the wall or is there a table stand also?

fully assembled with the front piece of acrylic, they are pretty stable to sit on a table or they can be hung on the wall with the 16" on center mounting holes

#16 7 years ago
    Quoted from j_m_:

fully assembled with the front piece of acrylic, they are pretty stable to sit on a table or they can be hung on the wall with the 16" on center mounting holes

Great, add me to the list

#17 7 years ago

Hi, please add me to your list if you can ship to France. Do you provide a french ac cord and does it work with 230v? Thank you.

#18 7 years ago

Just got mine and hung it on the wall. This clock is amazing.

image (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpeg

#19 7 years ago

Does the run_dmd board allow you to add custom text? It would be really cool to run off a grand champ list of my games on it plus other messages.

#20 7 years ago
    Quoted from Snoopyseb:

Hi, please add me to your list if you can ship to France. Do you provide a french ac cord and does it work with 230v? Thank you.

yes, I can ship to france. the power supply is a switching one and accommodates 100v-240v, however you will need to source the correct power cord to connect to the power supply and run it to your mains

Quoted from BOBCADE:

Does the run_dmd board allow you to add custom text? It would be really cool to run off a grand champ list of my games on it plus other messages.

yes, see this:
    http://www.phosphors.com/run-dmd/Run-DMD_v3.51_Menu_Navigation.pdf

#21 7 years ago
    Quoted from Pmaino:

How is it powered?

#22 7 years ago

Put me down for one

#23 7 years ago

add me

#24 7 years ago
    Quoted from Nevus:

How is it powered?

a 5v, 10amp power supply brick that comes with the clock (as stated in the 1st post)

#25 7 years ago
    Quoted from j_m_:

a 5v, 10amp power supply brick that comes with the clock (as stated in the 1st post)

But where is it? It is well hidden.

#26 7 years ago
    Quoted from Pmaino:

Pmaino, how are you powering the unit in your picture. Is the outlet behind the unit?

#27 7 years ago

no, it's a pretty good sized brick measuring about 6" x 3" x 2". it has a 3' cord on one end leading to a 2.5 x 5.0mm plug that connects to the run-dmd [white] board and the other end is a standard 6' 3-prong [grounded] electrical cord

Pmaino must have his hidden in the wall. nice job too!

#28 7 years ago

Behind my wall is an unfinished part of my basement. All I had to do is drill a small hole in the wall and plug it in.

image (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpeg

#29 7 years ago

PM sent. I would like to be added please

#30 7 years ago

If you haven't seen one of these in person - it is awesome. Much better than any video.
    Can't wait for production to begin!

#31 7 years ago
    Quoted from Pmaino:

Behind my wall is an unfinished part of my basement. All I had to do is drill a small hole in the wall and plug it in.

NICE!

image (resized).pngimage (resized).png

#32 7 years ago

2016.sep.12 update
    we're closing in on the minimum order number, however the shipping time may be delayed by an additional week once I start ordering the components due the fact that the panel manufacturer appears to be changing the mounting configurations on the fly.

in the last batch of replacement panels that I just received, the mounting nuts (for a portion of the panels) were in completely different positions than all of the previous panels. this is yet, another one of the joys of dealing with international suppliers

I've tweaked the design for the rear panel for a 6th time (adding the 2nd mounting configuration), so that this order doesn't go to waste, but I still want to receive the panels for this batch prior to placing the laser cut acrylic order to ensure that nothing else has changed

#33 7 years ago

Other than the mounting nut locations, is the panel the same as the last batch (brightness, LED spacing, etc.)?

#34 7 years ago
    Quoted from GregP:

Other than the mounting nut locations, is the panel the same as the last batch (brightness, LED spacing, etc.)?

they look to be exactly the same, with the exception of the mounting nuts. I'm currently attempting to work things out with the vendor to ensure that photos of what will be shipped are sent prior to shipping them so that I'm not surprised at what is received

#35 7 years ago

Imagine what sourcing consistent parts for an entire pinball must be like!

#36 7 years ago

4 more needed, almost there.

#37 7 years ago

I received my Run DMD clock last week. One word to describe it: supercoolawesomeness!

The build quality is exceptional, I love how the front acrylic panel really makes the animations pop. It looks fantastic in my home gameroom so a huge thumbs up to J.M. for putting together such a cool decoration. Highly recommended!

run-dmd in the gameroom (resized).pngrun-dmd in the gameroom (resized).png

#38 7 years ago

2016.sep.20 update
    I'm going to close off reservations at the end of the week and move forward with a smaller batch of 20 clocks so that everyone currently on the reservation list gets one and doesn't have to wait an excessive amount of time.

all of the hardware (screws & stand-offs) arrived yesterday and the test batch of acrylic panels to accommodate the new mounting studs on the rgb LED panels is due to arrive today.

if everything looks good (and fits properly), I will go ahead and order the remaining components (LED panels, power supplies and run-dmd pc boards) for 20 clocks and place a final order for the acrylic panels.

#39 7 years ago

2016.sep.23 update
    THE LIST IS NOW CLOSED. I am only ordering enough components to satisfy those people listed in the first post

1 week later
    #40 7 years ago

2016.sep.30 update
    the newly revised acrylic panels appear to be good to go (as long as the mounting studs do not change [again])
    I will be ordering the run-dmd boards and the remaining rgb LED panels once I get back from the chicago expo

delivery should commence around the end of october or beginning of november

#41 7 years ago

Awesome....Can't wait for mine.

#42 7 years ago

I have one from an earlier run. You guys won't be disappointed!

#43 7 years ago

if anyone is attending the chicago expo next week, I will have 2 clocks with me (extra components from the last batch). the price is the same ($434), but it would save you the shipping costs. pm me to make arrangements

#44 7 years ago
    Quoted from j_m_:

if anyone is attending the chicago expo next week

I'm pretty sure someone is!

#45 7 years ago

no takers yet

note:
    this is the exact same clock that those of you that are currently on the reservation list will be getting (rgb LED panels w/ 7 select-able color options)

if you are driving to expo (I'm not sure how well the clock would travel by plane due to its size), and want to obtain yours earlier, this is your chance
    parking lot drug deal ftw!

#46 7 years ago

sent PM

#47 7 years ago

2016.oct.07 update
    just an update since I've been asked this frequently. the clocks ship mostly assembled, but not completely. the reason for this is a keep the front, transparent grey acrylic panel scratch-free

when you receive your clock, you will need to follow these steps to complete the assembly process
    - peel the protective low tack paper from both sides of the gray transparent acrylic panel
    - attach the 6 nylon stand-offs to the rear panel, using the larger (included) allen key and the M4x12mm stainless screws
    - position the transparent acrylic panel over the front and secure using the M4x12mm black oxide screws

note: be sure to only tighten the screws as much as they need. your goal is just to take up the slack between the screw, acrylic panel and the stand-off and snug the components together. the stand-offs are made of nylon, and they will strip if you over tighten them

a cross-section of this assembly looks like this:
    stainless screw -> rear panel -> hex stand-off -> front panel -> black oxide screw

1 week later
    #48 7 years ago

2016.oct.18.2016
    I'm currently waiting on the run-dmd boards to be assembled before I can place the order for everyone on the list.

once they are available, I will place the order for that component as well as the remaining LED display panels and power supplies

ps
    fingers crossed that I do not experience the same level of defective panels in this batch of displays (one of more LEDs only partially functioning or not working at all). the nearly 25% rate in the last batch set back the delivery of 12 clocks. and with no alternative source, all I can do is verify and stress test, checking every panel before I assemble and ship the clocks

#49 7 years ago

With the Run-DMD boards backordered when do you expect you will be shipping finished clocks?

#50 7 years ago
    Quoted from j_m_:

if anyone is attending the chicago expo next week, I will have 2 clocks with me (extra components from the last batch). the price is the same ($434), but it would save you the shipping costs. pm me to make arrangements

Damn. Wish I would have saw this before Expo.

There are 115 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/run-dmd-assembled-clocks-batch-5 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.