Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 295 posts
  • 81 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by badbilly27
  • Topic is favorited by 40 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20160822_223603[1] (resized).jpg
    DMD Sticker Us (resized).PNG
    DMD Sticker Fr.PNG
    DMD Sticker Us.PNG
    IMG_3290[1]_(resized).JPG
    IMG_3254[1]_(resized).JPG
    IMG_3253[1]_(resized).JPG
    good_news_(resized).jpg
    run-dmd_white_board_(resized).jpg
    IMG_3153_(resized).JPG
    IMG_3150_(resized).JPG
    IMG_3151_(resized).JPG
    IMG_3149_(resized).JPG
    IMG_3146_(resized).JPG
    IMG_3130_(resized).JPG
    IMG_3128_(resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider EightBitWhit.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#84 8 years ago

I think it's fantastic that you've made the acrylic frame and build instructions/components available. I'm wiling to tackle assembly on my own, but am curious as to where I could get the frame cut at. Any ideas/suggestions? Could I order a frame from you?

Thank you.

Quoted from j_m_:

I've made the latest (v6) acrylic frame plans available:
    http://run-dmd.com/product/svg-files-for-the-updated-j_m_-frame
    and the assembly instructions and the component part list can be found here:
    https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/run-dmd-frame-v50-assembly-instructions
    if you want to build one yourself

#89 8 years ago

Ah yes - ponoko.com.. I see that now. My bad - I should have read through all of the threads before posting up my question.

Thanks for pointing out the clarification on the panel files and the acrylic colors. I'm looking forward to assembling a few clocks on my own!

Quoted from j_m_:

ponoko.com, the same place that I get them cut from. I've mentioned them multiple times before in the previous instruction and batch purchase threads
    the only thing that I need to point out is that the files that I've [currently] made available, create panels for 2 clocks (2 front and 2 rear panels per sheet). this allows me to produce the front in the transparent gray and the rear panel is a gloss black (which is slightly cheaper in cost, and looks nice [even though I'm not a normally a fan of anything glossy since whatever it is, tends to get all "finger-printied" up
    if I remember tonight, I'll consolidate the files onto one sheet, and make them available for limpan (linus) on the run-dmd.com website. if you use that file, make sure that you select the gray tint as your material, otherwise the front panel will not be transparent (making it very hard to see the LED panel blocks lighting up when you turn on the assembled clock

#91 8 years ago

Wow - thanks for the heads up on this. I was just about to order a batch of panels and after going to the AliExpress site, I see what you are saying.

I'm just going to hang tight and wait this out and see what you need to do for the other panels - thank you for your continued research into this. I'm looking SO forward to building a few clocks!

Quoted from j_m_:

update: 2016.jan.14
    I received the run-dmd EDGE sample yesterday, however I just found out that the aliexpress vendor that I've been ordering the displays from since the inception of the run-dmd clocks has discontinued the LED display panels that everyone has been using and is switching over to a new type/model.
    I have a sample set on the way, but have no way of knowing exactly what changes will be necessary until I receive the panels.

2 months later
    #121 8 years ago

j_m_,

Is there any opportunity to buy EDGE boards, power supplies and/or LED panels from you outright? I'm fine with assembling my own clock, but if there's a way to buy the parts with the most recent supporting cables, etc. that would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

Quoted from j_m_:

2016.mar.15 update
    I've worked out an arrangement with limpan for 2 very large orders of run-dmd EDGE boards. this should help facilitate order fulfillment going forward (instead of receiving the boards 4-8 at a time)
    now, I just need to do the same with the power supplies and LED display panels
    and going forward, payment will be shifting to an invoicing system so that both parties are protected

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider EightBitWhit.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/run-dmd-assembled-clocks-batch-4?tu=EightBitWhit and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.