Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 295 posts
  • 81 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by badbilly27
  • Topic is favorited by 40 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20160822_223603[1] (resized).jpg
    DMD Sticker Us (resized).PNG
    DMD Sticker Fr.PNG
    DMD Sticker Us.PNG
    IMG_3290[1]_(resized).JPG
    IMG_3254[1]_(resized).JPG
    IMG_3253[1]_(resized).JPG
    good_news_(resized).jpg
    run-dmd_white_board_(resized).jpg
    IMG_3153_(resized).JPG
    IMG_3150_(resized).JPG
    IMG_3151_(resized).JPG
    IMG_3149_(resized).JPG
    IMG_3146_(resized).JPG
    IMG_3130_(resized).JPG
    IMG_3128_(resized).JPG
    There are 295 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 6.
    #251 7 years ago

I'm glad to see that everyone thinks that the clocks were worth the wait. overall (quality issues aside), I'm quite pleased the way that this batch turned out.

now, what I want to know is who was the unfortunate soul that received the backing card for the battery, without the 2032 battery?

2016.aug.23 update
    I managed to box up 6 clocks last night and should be able complete the remaining 6 tonight so that all can be shipped tomorrow. the hot air tool is due to arrive tomorrow as well, so there's a chance that I can correct the faulty solder connections on most (if not all) of the other panels this weekend and try and then take care of the last few people on the reservation list

if this fails, I have 14 more panels en route to assemble the last few clocks regardless if the repair attempts do not prove successful

#252 7 years ago

got mine today. excellent. love it. great job. I printed the color dip switch settings (post 219) and taped them to the back.
    Thanks!

#253 7 years ago

all paid clocks have been boxed and will ship tomorrow as promised

odd note:
    I can ship to anyone here in the states as j.m., but usps.com will not allow me to use my initials as a first name when shipping internationally

ps
    I'm a rebel. to all you french guys: I included the lithium coin battery and marked your clocks as gifts. they are still fully insured but maybe, just maybe you'll avoid any customs charges

#254 7 years ago

2016.aug.24 update
    the additional 14 rgb LED panels that I ordered have shipped. I should receive them within a week's time and will be able to assembly and fulfill the remaining outstanding orders

#255 7 years ago

I mounted mine to the wall in the basement kitchen near the pinball machines. I was able to hide the power supply behind the wall. Looks great. Here is a video. It looks like the display is flickering a little, but that is just the video. In real life it looks better.

#256 7 years ago

Hopefully there is a 5th run

#257 7 years ago
    Quoted from BoJo:

Hopefully there is a 5th run

or you could just have me add you to this list (providing that I'm able to correct the issues with the panels that I have)

#258 7 years ago
    Quoted from j_m_:

I'm a rebel. to all you french guys: I included the lithium coin battery and marked your clocks as gifts. they are still fully insured but maybe, just maybe you'll avoid any customs charges

Okay thx J_M_, i'll tell you when i'll receive the clocks, hope to avoid any customs charges too

#259 7 years ago

I've been resisting getting one of these but I give up. Can you add me to the waiting list?

#260 7 years ago

Here is my little contribution to put on the back :
    US version : https://s12.postimg.org/5h4r0hihp/DMD_Sticker_Us.png
    French version : https://s12.postimg.org/l1c4r0sm5/DMD_Sticker_Fr.png
    Tell me if you need some modification.

DMD Sticker Us.PNGDMD Sticker Us.PNG
    DMD Sticker Fr.PNGDMD Sticker Fr.PNG

Added over 8 years ago: Picture updated with the right Blue

US version : https://s22.postimg.org/6tw8bm7z5/DMD_Sticker_Us.png

#261 7 years ago

Nice chart!

I guess Black would be extraneous (all off)!

Seriously, you left off the e in blue. Thrown off by Blu-ray, I'm guessing!

Myself, I just remember they are in the standard order, red green blue. (RGB)

I remember red and blue make purple. Yellow is harder to intuit, but it's close to red so it must be red and the only other color, green.

So then teal is the only pair combo left, green and blue. And of course all three make white.

#262 7 years ago

2016.aug.26 update
    the additional LED panels should arrive on monday, which means that I'll be able to build the last clocks and ship them out, satisfying all remaining customers. thank you once again for waiting it out and I hope that you feel that the changes made were worth the wait

#263 7 years ago

Got my two clocks. Work great, and endlessly entertaining. Thanks j_m_!

#264 7 years ago

Thanks for the clock - just received today. Fantastic! If you're a pinhead, this is a must have.

My only challenge, it's not keeping time. I'm going to remove the battery and flip it over?

Great job!

#265 7 years ago

Clock arrived yesterday and it's better than expected. Very solid craftsmanship and the animations are endless. Thanks for a quality product and PERFECT addition to my game room!

#266 7 years ago

Got my clock today and set it up in the office . Planning to eventually move it home but just not sure where to put it just yet. WOW, it is simply AWESOME!!!! Thank you for your time and expertise in putting these together...

#267 7 years ago

These look awesome! If you are making a 5th run or have any spots leftovrr currently, please add me to the list.

#268 7 years ago

as long as all of the panels that I receive tomorrow work, I should have enough extra for one more clock, so I've added you to the list

#269 7 years ago
    Quoted from j_m_:

as long as all of the panels that I receive tomorrow work, I should have enough extra for one more clock, so I've added you to the list

Awesome, thank you so much!

#270 7 years ago

Finally had time to set up my clock , it's awesome thanks J M

#271 7 years ago

I just have to say that I'm really impressed. Nice job J.M.

Question: Can someone explain the operation of the Sleep and Wake-Up Timers? I'm hoping I can turn it off around 10:00PM and back on around 5:00AM to avoid lighting the house.

Thanks

-Nate

#273 7 years ago

@DanQverymuch : thx, post #260 updated with the right Blue word, not Blu ray one !

US version : https://s22.postimg.org/6tw8bm7z5/DMD_Sticker_Us.png

DMD Sticker Us (resized).PNGDMD Sticker Us (resized).PNG

#274 7 years ago

2016.aug.29 update
    the 14 LED panels arrived today and they are all working fine. assembly of the last clocks is complete and I will invoice the last remaining people on the reservation list

#275 7 years ago

2016.aug.30 update
    invoices have gone out to everyone that I have information for (and payment already received. thank you very much!). due to a few people not responding, it looks like I have at least two clocks unclaimed and available

if you're serious about purchasing one, pm me with your mailing info, and I will calculate the shipping costs and reply with the amount due and my paypal information

#276 7 years ago

Another big thumbs up for a great looking clock! I was finally able to unbox and setup. It looks super cool.

20160822_223603[1] (resized).jpg20160822_223603[1] (resized).jpg

#277 7 years ago

For the past couple years I've been telling my kids to "turn off the TV" and "turn off the video games". Since this clock has been in the house I no longer have to say either of these things but have added "time to turn off the clock" to the list of my demands as the kids won't turn away from it. It's awesome and hard to stop watching! Grab one if you can...you won't regret it.

#279 7 years ago

both available clocks have now been spoken for

#280 7 years ago

Thanks so very much JM! Super happy with the clock.. Really nice job design wise. Couldn't be happier and worth every cent!

#281 7 years ago

All 4 Dmd clocks well receive. Only test 1 for the moment and it's very amazing !!! Great product, great quality ! incredible, marvellous !

Thanks to our guy J_M_ for this great batch !

#282 7 years ago

just got mine
    thx so much, it's awesome !!!

#283 7 years ago

I just got my clock and it's a sight to behold! Thanks j_m_ for the fast shipping and for your great work!

#284 7 years ago

got mine - totally amazing! thanks JM!

#285 7 years ago

Got my clock. Put it together and set it up. Looks great. Does one just leave it plugged in 24/7, or do you unplug it when not in the room as the battery keeps the time. Couldn't find the answer looking through the post. Thanks.

#286 7 years ago

I believe that the battery keeps time when the clock is unplugged

it might be listed in here: menu option controls (again)
    http://www.phosphors.com/run-dmd/Run-DMD_v3.51_Menu_Navigation.pdf

#287 7 years ago

yes i confirm it keeps time and parameters

#288 7 years ago

got mine today and it's just totally amazing! many thanks JM !

#289 7 years ago

Hi i am looking for a male/female dc power extension cable (those between run-dmd and psu). Is someone had a good link fully compatible ?

Do you think this one (2,1 mm) will be good ?

ebay.com link: 5M DC Power Male a Femelle Cable Extension Rallonge Connecteur Cordon 5 5x2 1mm

Thx for your help

#290 7 years ago

The power cord on the Run-DMD is 5.5mm x 2.5mm. The one you list probably would not work.

#291 7 years ago

just an fyi for anyone that wanted a clock but wasn't able to jump on this double-sized reservation list, I'm feeling out the demand for a 5th (and most likely, final) run of the run-dmd clocks

information can be found here:
    https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/run-dmd-assembled-clocks-batch-5

#293 7 years ago

Got mine and it looks awesome. Thanks JM!

#294 7 years ago

Got mine a few days ago. Looks and works perfectly. Great job JM.

#295 7 years ago

Thanks again JM! Great product! I would buy without hesitation!

I had a small clock issue and JM helped resolve ASAP. Fantastic rocket fast communication. Very impressed.

Looking forward to meeting you in person at Expo.

There are 295 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 6.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/run-dmd-assembled-clocks-batch-4/page/6 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.