Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 54 posts
  • 35 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by drsfmd
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

download (2) (resized).jpg
    4B3D8FA7-3E8C-4341-910E-168EEF760CE1 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_7790 (resized).PNG
    There are 54 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
    #1 6 years ago

I would love to see a rap based pinball over heavy metal pinball which is being over done
    What do everyone else think .such as run dmc /beastie boys.

#2 6 years ago

Beasties might be cool, lots of material, last album only a few years ago, crossover rock appeal.....Not so sure about Run DMC though. They have been pretty much defunct since the eighties, dont think they have a big enough fanbase for a pin.

#3 6 years ago

I agree but it's not like iron madion has been relevant for the last
    forty years

#4 6 years ago
    Quoted from screaminr:

I agree but it's not like iron madion has been relevant for the last
    forty years

But most people can SPELL Iron Maiden on their subject lines. That's clear from the zillions of Iron Maiden threads.

#5 6 years ago

Run dmc rocks

Quoted from PinMonk:But most people can SPELL Iron Maiden on their subject lines. That's clear from the zillions of Iron Maiden threads.

Hey it's 20 past 4 lve had a few to many vodkas and beers but my point remains the same

#6 6 years ago

IMG_7790 (resized).PNGIMG_7790 (resized).PNG

#7 6 years ago

Beasties would get my money for a NIB LE.

#8 6 years ago

Beastie Boys license will be super tough.

#9 6 years ago
    Quoted from screaminr:

Run dmc rocks

Hey it's 20 past 4 lve had a few to many vodkas and beers but my point remains the same

Never need to explain spelling or grammar mistakes again.

www.grammarly.com

#10 6 years ago
    Quoted from mcluvin:

Never need to explain spelling or grammar mistakes again.
    www.grammarly.com

I think this is more in the typo department than spelling or grammar, but I thought it was funny, nonetheless.

#11 6 years ago

Beasties would be an insta- buy for me. Potential cab art:

4B3D8FA7-3E8C-4341-910E-168EEF760CE1 (resized).jpeg4B3D8FA7-3E8C-4341-910E-168EEF760CE1 (resized).jpeg

#12 6 years ago
    Quoted from screaminr:

I would love to see a rap based pinball

No. Next suggestion?

#13 6 years ago

There is a sad lacking of hip hop pinball. I vote for Wu-Tang. So much material. Such great imagery.

#14 6 years ago

When I did a search I found Iron maiden has sold over 100 million records worldwide, Metallica over 125 million, Aerosmith 150, Kiss 75 million, GnR 100 million, Ac /Dc 200 million. Rollingstones 240 million.

Run Dmc us record sales 15 million ( I could only find us sales)
    Wu-tang 40 million world wide.
    Beasties 50 million world wide.
    Tupac 75 million world wide.
    Eminem 172 million world wide.

#15 6 years ago

First rap pinball should clearly be Wu-Tang. 1970’s Kung-Fu theme. Characters/band members to pick from. Killer Bees multi-ball. Spell C-R-E-A-M. It practically writes itself.

#16 6 years ago
    Quoted from trilamb:

First rap pinball should clearly be Wu-Tang. 1970’s Kung-Fu theme. Characters/band members to pick from. Killer Bees multi-ball. Spell C-R-E-A-M. It practically writes itself.

Unfortunately, the fan base isn't there in enough numbers to make that ever happen.

#17 6 years ago
    Quoted from Hammer1021:

When I did a search I found Iron maiden has sold over 100 million records worldwide, Metallica over 125 million, Aerosmith 150, Kiss 75 million, GnR 100 million, Ac /Dc 200 million. Rollingstones 240 million.
    Run Dmc us record sales 15 million ( I could only find us sales)
    Wu-tang 40 million world wide.
    Beasties 50 million world wide.
    Tupac 75 million world wide.
    Eminem 172 million world wide.

Wow I never ever would have thought Eminem would have sold more albums than Metallica, Aerosmith, or GNR!!

#18 6 years ago

Onemoresean I would love to have that pic blown up and framed...that's a keeper. But yeah they're not licensing shit.

#19 6 years ago
    Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

Beastie Boys license will be super tough.

Damn near impossible, probably about as hard to get (if not harder) than a Harry Potter theme

#20 6 years ago

Considering they are still running Aerosmith, I’d think an Aerosmith/Run-DMC LE could be a possibility. Not sure there is enough interest there though.

#21 6 years ago

What about a d.J. battle theme, like short kut vs cut chemist or a mix tape, like sound bombing 2/beat junkies? I guess nowhere near the fan base, but it would be cool, mixing in different beats and cuts with different shots etc.

#22 6 years ago

I've been thinking about a beastie boys pin for a long time. Two spinning turntables on the play field with a fader on the lockdown bar, ramp that goes over the brooklynn bridge, shoot the ball into white castle, get kicked out. Visit 5 boroughs to stop the intergalactic robot. sabotage multi ball! Honestly with all the elements in all their creative videos it would be easy to make a well done pin out of this, along with a fan base that ranges in ages pretty drastically. Only problem is they will NEVER endorse anything.

#23 6 years ago
    Quoted from orangegsx:

I've been thinking about a beastie boys pin for a long time. Two spinning turntables on the play field with a fader on the lockdown bar, ramp that goes over the brooklynn bridge, shoot the ball into white castle, get kicked out. Visit 5 boroughs to stop the intergalactic robot. sabotage multi ball! Honestly with all the elements in all their creative videos it would be easy to make a well done pin out of this, along with a fan base that ranges in ages pretty drastically. Only problem is they will NEVER endorse anything.

The Beasties on a mission to save the five boroughs would be epic!

It's too bad that they have such a hard stance on licensing stuff. Pinball is very much a commercial endeavor, but these music pins are such great love letters to the musicians and their work.

#24 6 years ago

cant go by how many albums have sold. artists these days, sales are based on downloads and most people don't download or buy actual media full cd's, albums anymore.
    need base it on a current artist if you want lots of $$$ on location. the most people that drop money in games are ages 4 to 25. run dmc, beasties, etc fan base majority is over 40. Stern missed the boat on eminem when he was in his prime and kid rock as well.
    DRAKE holds the record for the most streamed music in a week with 250 million in the USA alone. more than any other artist of all time. that is the pin that should be made. Drake, rihanna or nicki minaj. Drake is a pop icon and has been in control of the music industry for 10 years. whether he is on the hook or main character in the song, He makes hit after hit.
    an URbaN pin needs be made. Rock is not popular anymore, even classic rock stations are thinning out. No rock station is number 1 in any major market with Rock from any decade. Urban music controls the mainstream. vh1 is nearly an all urban channel now, so is mtv. times have changed. urban and digital artists (edm) is where its at. they sell more than any other music style these days and have for many years.

http://www.buzzanglemusic.com/drake-views-429/

#25 6 years ago
    Quoted from waltgman:

Beasties would get my money for a NIB LE.

Same here, money straight down for this title. Beastie Boys + Pinball = Awesome!

#26 6 years ago

. run dmc, beasties, etc fan base majority is over 40.

They're the ones who buy pinball machines

#27 6 years ago
    Quoted from silver_spinner:

. run dmc, beasties, etc fan base majority is over 40. /

#28 6 years ago

cant go by how many albums have sold. artists these days, sales are based on downloads and most people don't download or buy actual media full cd's, albums anymore.
    need base it on a current artist if you want lots of $$$ on location. the most people that drop money in games are ages 4 to 25. run dmc, beasties, etc fan base majority is over 40. Stern missed the boat on eminem when he was in his prime and kid rock as well.
    DRAKE holds the record for the most streamed music in a week with 250 million in the USA alone. more than any other artist of all time. that is the pin that should be made. Drake, rihanna or nicki minaj. Drake is a pop icon and has been in control of the music industry for 10 years. whether he is on the hook or main character in the song, He makes hit after hit.
    an URbaN pin needs be made. Rock is not popular anymore, even classic rock stations are thinning out. No rock station is number 1 in any major market with Rock from any decade. Urban music controls the mainstream. vh1 is nearly an all urban channel now, so is mtv. times have changed. urban and digital artists (edm) is where its at. they sell more than any other music style these days and have for many years.
    http://www.buzzanglemusic.com/drake-views-429/

No one would buy an "urban" pinball featuring Drake.

#29 6 years ago

I'm so woefully out of touch, the only Drake I know is Sir Francis Drake. I'm gonna have to go down to the library and ask about this Drake character. He sounds like a big deal.

#30 6 years ago

the most people that drop money in games are ages 4 to 25.

It might be, that I misunderstood this sentence, (Sorry, I am not native English speaker) but I am curious how many 4-5 years old drops money into pinball. Especially, if we are talking about buying a pinball machine.

#31 6 years ago

Where are the juggalos asking for an Insane Clown Posse Pin? The art would be interesting, that's for sure.

#32 6 years ago
    Quoted from Frippertron:

Where are the juggalos asking for an Insane Clown Posse Pin? The art would be interesting, that's for sure.

Honestly that would probably sell better than WWE

#33 6 years ago

If we are cnsidering rap bands a Cypress Hill pin could be pretty cool......insane in the membrane multiball, lock balls to "cock the hammer", Dr Greenthumb mode, etc etc

#34 6 years ago

I don't think Drake would sell a lot of pinball machines for home use, but could do well maybe at the movies or concert venue...I dont know somewhere young people hang out.....

#35 6 years ago
    Quoted from screaminr:

. run dmc, beasties, etc fan base majority is over 40.

I guess I wouldn't say that. I'm 31 and hello nasty was huge for me and very popular in my age group. Also to the five boroughs

#36 6 years ago

You’d be better off to do a gangster theme - call it “OG” - and get the music in that way.

#37 6 years ago
    Quoted from jwilson:

You’d be better off to do a gangster theme - call it “OG” - and get the music in that way.

In what way do the beastie boys or run DMC have anything to do with gangsters?

#38 6 years ago
    Quoted from Sinistarrett:

If we are cnsidering rap bands a Cypress Hill pin could be pretty cool......insane in the membrane multiball, lock balls to "cock the hammer", Dr Greenthumb mode, etc etc

HITS FROM THE BONG!!!

I would love to see a beasties pin though. that could be such a good game!!!

#39 6 years ago
    Quoted from orangegsx:

They endorse things, it's just that they aren't likely to allow their music to be used for product advertisements. Even this is a blurred line. They allowed their music to be used in the Star Trek movie ads and in other video game ads. You're just not likely to see a car commercial using their music. I actually think a Beastie Boys pin would get the stamp of approval pretty quickly based on their tastes.

#40 6 years ago

attract mode mixed by mm mike

sigh .. vale mca. its always the good ones.

#41 6 years ago

Best bet for a rap inspired game is to do "Black Panther" and license a few of the songs from the Kendrick Lamar produced soundtrack. The movie is a huge success and Kendrick is the top rapper of this generation.

#42 6 years ago

I like the Beastie Boys, but I'm burnt out on music games.

#43 6 years ago

Stern could probably use "the Pin" as test format to see if it would sell.

#44 6 years ago
    Quoted from ArcadiusMaximus:

Honestly that would probably sell better than WWE

If it sprays Faygo at you I'm in.

#45 6 years ago
    Quoted from Hammer1021:

I don't think Drake would sell a lot of pinball machines for home use, but could do well maybe at the movies or concert venue...I dont know somewhere young people hang out.....

No one takes Drake seriously. He's the the Hip-Hop / RnB equivalent of Nickleback. Rap based pins are going to be a hard sell quite frankly. Home environment is one thing, but what sort of respectable business or (family) arcade wants a machine that's going to be shouting b*tch, f*ck, a$$-b*tt, n*gga, smoke weed every day, etc at its customers..?

#46 6 years ago

No one takes Drake seriously.

I couldn't tell you a single one of his songs, but he was pretty funny on SNL.

#47 6 years ago

No one takes Drake seriously. He's the the Hip-Hop / RnB equivalent of Nickleback. Rap based pins are going to be a hard sell quite frankly. Home environment is one thing, but what sort of respectable business or (family) arcade wants a machine that's going to be shouting b*tch, f*ck, a$$-b*tt, n*gga, smoke weed every day, etc at its customers..?

I think you're confusing the Beastie Boys with the Big Labowski.

#48 6 years ago

I'd like my hip/hop rap game to have some street cred. So Snoop Dogg it is!

download (2) (resized).jpgdownload (2) (resized).jpg

#49 6 years ago

there have been a lot of threads on this theme, pinball manufacturers should listen up.

Far as layout, I'd be ok with a couple spinner discs in the middle ALA whirlwind that looks like a turntable (cept the discs would have to scratch back and forth), and then maybe an intergalctic robot that wiggles.. an off-ramp that says "brooklyn exit", maybe a "lookin down the barrel of a gun" captive ball. maybe some gold chains hanging over a ball lock lane?

My fake homebrew audio that was on the pinball podcast:
    https://vocaroo.com/i/s1mEtT7NWxQO

#50 6 years ago
    Quoted from orangegsx:

Quoted from toyotaboy:

there have been a lot of threads on this theme, pinball manufacturers should listen up.
    Far as layout, I'd be ok with a couple spinner discs in the middle ALA whirlwind that looks like a turntable (cept the discs would have to scratch back and forth), and then maybe an intergalctic robot that wiggles.. an off-ramp that says "brooklyn exit", maybe a "lookin down the barrel of a gun" captive ball. maybe some gold chains hanging over a ball lock lane?
    My fake homebrew audio that was on the pinball podcast:
    https://vocaroo.com/i/s1mEtT7NWxQO

That's what I was thinking about the turntables. Have a fader on the lockdown bar maybe that you slide back and fourth during multiball as each turntable lights up. Add a multiplier to the shots if you have the fader towards the correct turntable when you make a shot? Bonus points if you slide the fader back before the ball comes to the bottom of the ramp?

There are 54 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/run-dmc-beastly-boys-1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.