(Topic ID: 186838)

rumours of a new Stern pin - Lynyrd Skynyrd?

By cooldan

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 136 posts
  • 61 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by cooldan
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

sc (resized).PNG
    rush02 (resized).jpg
    beavis550 (resized).jpg
    6a0133f30ae399970b01910252e5d1970c-pi (resized).jpg
    FB_IMG_1492659010307 (resized).jpg
    WTF (resized).jpg
    hqdefault (resized).jpg
    ef058fccdf691361ba5a3de090da4185 (resized).jpg
    Jimmy_Buffett_Performing_in_Key_West (resized).jpg
    51o7IF7NpuL._SX355_ (resized).jpg
    IMG_0095 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider DruTheFu.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#92 6 years ago

I wouldn't mind a RHCP, but can pinball please branch out to more music genres, don't we have enough "rock" pins? I get it how the high energy type of music fits with the chaotic nature of pinball. If music pins keep being produced instead of original themes and ideas, why not Parliament Funkadelic, Beastie Boys, dare I say Michael Jackson, Wu-Tang Clan, Prince, A Tribe Called Quest, James Brown..or if continuing down the "rock" style path, more non-70's and 80's rock music like a Green Day, No Doubt, Sublime, Korn, STP?

Branch out please.

#98 6 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Why?
    Stern didn't get where they are by taking chances. Middle aged white guys are buying their pins, so that's who they are making 'em for. I'd like some variety too but I just don't see why it would be a sound business decision to ditch what is working for them.
    You want to roll the dice with a Wu Tang clan game? Great, start your own pinball company, I don't think 12 is enough.

As a middle aged white guy with a taste for a lot of non-white artist rock 'n roll music, a shaolin kung-fu style Wu-Tang pin could work, more so than a stadium rock band theme that we've seen many examples of already in existence. I know a ton of white, asian, black, hispanic, and multicultural people that listen to music outside of the current rock line up we've seen, and they flip pinball machines as well. But Wu-Tang was an example of another genre. I get that the current demographic of pinball buyers are middle-aged white guys, but wouldn't an expansion of genres be part of the hope to grow the hobby, tap a wider market, and bring other demographics into the mix? Since when has variety been a bad thing? I listed other examples of different musical acts that have wide appeal as "examples". It wouldn't be breaking from the business decisions they already have in place, it would grow upon what has already been established....music themed pins.

"Start my own pinball company" comment by you about an "idea" I've seen that same comment posted by you before to other users' posts, sorry to have posted. I'll go back to just viewing and not posting so I, noob to the forum, can continue reading posts from the old guard of pin hobbiests.

#101 6 years ago

I didn't specifically call out rap, I said other genres and more recent generations at least, and rap is just one of the many genres out there besides all we've seen to date. Hell, I'd buy a Bob Marley pin before I'd buy any of the music pins of recent years and currently known of. I'd be jammon'!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider DruTheFu.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rumours-of-a-new-stern-pin-lynyrd-skynyrd?tu=DruTheFu and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.