(Topic ID: 186838)

rumours of a new Stern pin - Lynyrd Skynyrd?

By cooldan

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 136 posts
  • 61 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by cooldan
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

sc (resized).PNG
    rush02 (resized).jpg
    beavis550 (resized).jpg
    6a0133f30ae399970b01910252e5d1970c-pi (resized).jpg
    FB_IMG_1492659010307 (resized).jpg
    WTF (resized).jpg
    hqdefault (resized).jpg
    ef058fccdf691361ba5a3de090da4185 (resized).jpg
    Jimmy_Buffett_Performing_in_Key_West (resized).jpg
    51o7IF7NpuL._SX355_ (resized).jpg
    IMG_0095 (resized).JPG
    There are 136 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.
    #1 7 years ago

i'm hearing rumours about a new title ..... someone else hear these?

epic if it's true!

#2 7 years ago

It would be an epic fail for me. If others are wanting it I guess that's great news for them.

#3 7 years ago
    Quoted from jgentry:

It would be an epic fail for me. If others are wanting it I guess that's great news for them.

Awesome if true. Original lineup I hope, with mention of long timers as well. Could be my first Stern NIB considered!

#4 7 years ago

Have to agree with jgentry. Just this morning, on FM radio I heard 'Sweet Home Alabama' for the 3rd time this week. Although the song is really good, just getting sick of the replay of that song. Tempted to send a new CD to radio station with other Skynyrd hits on it.

#5 7 years ago
    Quoted from KozMckPinball:

Awesome if true. Original lineup I hope, with mention of long timers as well. Could be my first Stern NIB considered!

Free Bird Multiball. The longest Multiball ever!

#6 7 years ago
    Quoted from KozMckPinball:

that's more like it!

i'd love it, hoping it's not just another dead end rumour. no playfield design pics leaked yet, imagine a bit of an airguitar feature with one of tose twisty handle tremolo things they use to stretch a string and bend out a long note, how epic would that be if you could pull on that next to the flipper button on a long superjackpot ramp shot to double the score!

w00t!!!

#7 7 years ago

Must be a joke. Or maybe not. I really can't tell. It's definitely not funny though.

#8 7 years ago
    Quoted from bkfiv:

Must be a joke. Or maybe not. I really can't tell. It's definitely not funny though.

Neither is Aerosmith, Dominoes, Jetsons, Elvira 3, etc.
    zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.
    We are probably due for another Rolling Stones...a lot of fresh ideas.

#9 7 years ago

Great band, i hope it's true.

#10 7 years ago

A new band pin has to be a ways off, at least until they lose the license for one of the ones they make now.

#11 7 years ago

I prefer Skynyrd over Aerosmith all day long

However anytime I hear "Free Bird" I always think of Jenny going through that weird coke whore phase on Forest Gump.

#12 7 years ago
    Quoted from PW79:

Heck yah! At least this band had some soul.

A Skynyrd pinball machine in the tear 2017 or 2018 isn't that farfetched considering some of the bands and other themes pinball has been spoon feeding it's buyers lately

#13 7 years ago

No more dad rock bands!

How about something different... Hans Zimmer's Flip Out... Kendrick Lamar presents 420 Pinball...

But what would really be great is a PRIMUS PINBALL!

#14 7 years ago
    Quoted from FlippyD:

No more dad rock bands!
    How about something different... Hans Zimmer's Flip Out... Kendrick Lamar presents 420 Pinball...

Well some Dads are only 25 years old, so there's that.

#15 7 years ago

Honestly I'd love to see a techno pin. Get people like Carl Craig, Jeff Mills, Richie Hawtin, and Kraftwerk to do the soundtrack.

#16 7 years ago
    Quoted from PW79:

However anytime I hear "Free Bird" I always think of Jenny going through that weird coke whore phase on Forest Gump.

I always think to that one night we had a huge snow storm and went streaking around the block in just my work boots and a beer in hand!

#17 7 years ago

I have never thought of a Primus machine. Very interesting.

Quoted from FlippyD:No more dad rock bands!

#18 7 years ago
    Quoted from arcademojo:

I always think to that one night we had a huge snow storm and went streaking around the block in just my work boots and a beer in hand!

Thanks .for the work boots part

#19 7 years ago

Yea sick of free bird wanna hear am I losin or coming home, Curtis Lowe....

#20 7 years ago

But for real, LS before Rush or Led Zeppelin would be criminal.

#21 7 years ago

That Smell could become the next pinball anthem!

#22 7 years ago

Before white people fight their relatives @ weddings it's purdy much mandatory to drink Busch keg beer & yell "PLAY SOME SKINNNURRRRD"

So I hope Stern incorporates that into the game somehow

#23 7 years ago
    Quoted from Cornelius:

Honestly I'd love to see a techno pin. Get people like Carl Craig, Jeff Mills, Richie Hawtin, and Kraftwerk to do the soundtrack.

Kraftwerk game would rule. 70s/80s SS gameplay style and use actual old-school chips and analog sound boards for the music and fx.

#24 7 years ago
    Quoted from FlippyD:

Kraftwerk game would rule. 70s/80s SS gameplay style and use actual old-school chips and analog sound boards for the music and fx.

Something like, Total Annihilation, perhaps?

(I'M NOT TRYING TO SAY TA SHOULD BE RETHEMED INTO ANYTHING OTHER THAN THE SEXY BEAST IT ALREADY IS)

#25 7 years ago

Boing boom tshack motherf******s!

Kraftwerk it is

IMG_0095 (resized).JPGIMG_0095 (resized).JPG

#26 7 years ago
    Quoted from PW79:

Boing boom tshack

MUSIQUE! NON STOP!

NON STOP.

#27 7 years ago

TECHNO POP

Lol

#28 7 years ago

Man I saw Kraftwerk at The Hollywood Bowl and it was a transcendent experience! As soon as the German countdown of "Numbers" began, every man, woman and child was out of their seat, shaking their asses. Just beautiful.

#29 7 years ago

I saw an imposter claiming to be Keoki @ a rave in the summer of 97

We just ate a few more biscuits & got over it tho

#30 7 years ago

I listened to a lot of Skynyrd in the 70's and bought several albums. Have the Street Survivors album with the fire in the background before they changed it after the plane crash.

That said, would love to see a pin themed after these guys but would also like to see Pink Floyd or Led Zeppelin

Tuesdays Gone
    Simple Man
    Free Bird

Lots of great songs.........

#31 7 years ago
    Quoted from PW79:

We just ate a few more biscuits & got over it tho

ohhhhh lord. told old for that nonsense nowadays.

but in 97, whooooooo yeah! PLUR baby!!!!1

#32 7 years ago

Anyone who would have bought this game is already dead.

#33 7 years ago
    Quoted from hoov:

Have the Street Survivors album with the fire in the background before they changed it after the plane crash.

I have two copies with the fire.

#34 7 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

I have two copies with the fire.

#35 7 years ago

Good god I hope not. I just have to parrot the hope for a theme in an entirely new realm. Music is overdone right now.

#36 7 years ago
    Quoted from PW79:

me 'n' Jenny was like peas 'n' carrots ....... I know what you mean with that scene, but nowadays Freebird also reminds me of this scene from the brilliant film Kingsman, that probably hardly anyone outside of the UK ever saw, as it's about an English working class boy getting educated in the Oxford-007-gentleman-spy way by posh English gentleman spy Colin Firth. in this scene, the baddy (Samuel L) is testing out if his phone SIM card feature can turn on violent aggression in people from a distance ...... the answer is yes, yes it can. recommended film, very tongue in cheek.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2802144/

#37 7 years ago

Next rock band pin will be Iron Maiden !

#38 7 years ago
    Quoted from Cornelius:

It's more fun to compute!

#39 7 years ago

It seems that we have traveled back to 1980 and the sale demographics for pinball is the 16-25 year old male (we're now around half century old)

I know techno has been thrown around this thread a lot, but the market is probably too small - you would have a better chance of seeing a pop, rap or R&B pin, maybe even country, before a techno pin.

#40 7 years ago
    Quoted from cooldan:

......but nowadays Freebird also reminds me of this scene from the brilliant film Kingsman, that probably hardly anyone outside of the UK ever saw, as it's about an English working class boy getting educated in the Oxford-007-gentleman-spy way by posh English gentleman spy Colin Firth. in this scene, the baddy (Samuel L) is testing out if his phone SIM card feature can turn on violent aggression in people from a distance ......

Oh not so, my friend. There are a lot of us Kingsman fans over here in the States.

"If you save the world, we can do it in the @$$#%!"

Very much looking forward to The Golden Circle.

Later,
    EV

#41 7 years ago
    Quoted from FlippyD:

Indeed! (I'm hoping to see them with Clutch soon....)

Claypool's music and humor are pretty much perfect for a pin.

#42 7 years ago

I'm over the rock band licenses but they must sell well. Lynyrd Skynryd is hard to believe, I'd much rather more classic movie licenses such as Blade Runner, The Thing, Jaws, Harry Potter or The Matrix.

#43 7 years ago
    Quoted from FlippyD:

No more dad rock bands!

We'd best not see (m)any music pins from the 2000s/2010s before 90s bands. There are zero 90s bands pins.

#44 7 years ago
    Quoted from chadderack:

There are zero 90s bands pins.

GNR pinball came out in the 90s shortly after they released the Use Your Illusion albums which were big sellers at the time. Hard to believe that is the most recent band to have a game themed after them.

#45 7 years ago

Lynyrd Skynryd...
    They are really trying to kill off the will to buy new games, for us Europeans...

Mustang, WWE (somewhat GB, not really as cult in Europe as in the US.) and now Skynyrd? If the rumor holds true, then I'm perplexed by the decision making

#46 7 years ago

Frederik! Where have you been!

#47 7 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

Frederik! Where have you been!

Been busy at life. Working two jobs, I got married, got a new place to live etc. Things and the time they take to deal with quickly racks up! Been back for a while though, just lurking most of the time. I try to avoid posting, as I find myself rambling and end up going off a tangent untill I re-read it and then erase it all

But I'm here, watching

#48 7 years ago
    Quoted from FrederikFrost:

But I'm here, watching

...and rambling.

#49 7 years ago

Been busy at life. Working two jobs, I got married, got a new place to live etc

Congrats! This place hasn't been the same without you.

I try to avoid posting, as I find myself rambling and end up going off a tangent untill I re-read it and then erase it all

Wish I had that kind of willpower.

#50 7 years ago

If they ever make a techno pin I'm going to buy a pro just to have the satisfaction of lighting it on fire

Same thing if they ever do a rapper pin

There are 136 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rumours-of-a-new-stern-pin-lynyrd-skynyrd?hl=pinhead2112 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.