(Topic ID: 186838)

rumours of a new Stern pin - Lynyrd Skynyrd?

By cooldan

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 136 posts
  • 61 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by cooldan
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

sc (resized).PNG
    rush02 (resized).jpg
    beavis550 (resized).jpg
    6a0133f30ae399970b01910252e5d1970c-pi (resized).jpg
    FB_IMG_1492659010307 (resized).jpg
    WTF (resized).jpg
    hqdefault (resized).jpg
    ef058fccdf691361ba5a3de090da4185 (resized).jpg
    Jimmy_Buffett_Performing_in_Key_West (resized).jpg
    51o7IF7NpuL._SX355_ (resized).jpg
    IMG_0095 (resized).JPG

There are 136 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.
    #101 6 years ago

I didn't specifically call out rap, I said other genres and more recent generations at least, and rap is just one of the many genres out there besides all we've seen to date. Hell, I'd buy a Bob Marley pin before I'd buy any of the music pins of recent years and currently known of. I'd be jammon'!

#102 6 years ago
    Quoted from PinHead2112:

From your user name RUSH pin?

Although I am a huge RUSH fan, looks like you are too... There's no way that theme would sell to anybody on the face of the planet other than a few of us RUSH nerds.

-Steve

A re-themed HS2
    rush02 (resized).jpgrush02 (resized).jpg

#103 6 years ago

Daft Punk would be so dope

Out of all the classic rock bands to exist I'd have to say Pink Floyd slays em all.

#104 6 years ago
    Quoted from VDrums2112:

Although I am a huge RUSH fan, looks like you are too... There's no way that theme would sell to anybody on the face of the planet other than a few of us RUSH nerds.
    -Steve
    A re-themed HS2

To make a music pinball machine you have to have a band with at least 9-10 good songs and Rush only has one good song...that being Tom Sawyer of course. I've seen a lot of rock concerts and a Rush hands down was the worst show I've ever seen. We left as soon as they played Tom Sawyer....just couldn't take any more of them.

#105 6 years ago
    Quoted from vwallat99:

Snoop Dogg being more profitable is a joke. That fanbase isn't going to be the one's shelling out 8k on a pinball machine nor would an operator.

Hardly a joke... LS might do well regionally, but Snoop has sold millions more albums (in a much shorter and more recent time frame). I'm not a fan at all, but 14 top 10 singles is no small feat. While many of his fans might not be the main pinball demographic, reaching outside the norm is what brings new blood into the hobby. Also, there are many fans of that sort of genera have deep pockets and love to buy flashy things to try to impress people. Snoop would also likely be happy to do VOs for it and even advertise for it. Not only would it appeal to his fanbase, but also the pot subculture. Think of all those pot dispensaries where people have time to kill waiting for their turn in the back room with nothing to do. An SD pin would likely do damn well in the waiting room of any of the thousands of dispensaries here in the US for an op. I'd lay odds that SD would crush LS in profitability.

While I'm a Skynyrd fan, it just seems like LS is to narrow of a demographic. Most kids today would say "Which one's Lynyrd?", vandalize it because it had a Confederate flag on it, or just not be interested because they can't relate to the theme. I dunno, but that was my line of thinkin'.

#106 6 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Ramones
    Aerosmith
    Devo

The Cramps

#107 6 years ago

I have those after I eat ice cream.

#108 6 years ago

A "Day on the Green... Music Mix" all 4 bands; Lynyrd Skynrd / AC/DC / Areosmith & Led Zep. Now that would be an AWESOME pin!

I would lay down for that game!

#109 6 years ago

Hendrix pin with Dirty Donnie art. Could have blacklight modes with Donnies trippy art work with touches of blacklight reflective stuff everywhere. Imagine the LCD screen going psychedelic. Flashers strobing and just melting your brain.

Nirvana might be good, Tool is probably the best music to go with pinball action in my opinion. Pink Floyd made by JJP would be the shit, imagine what they could do with that license.

To bad non will ever happen since the license for hendrix, nirvana, tool, and pink floyd are untouchable it seems.

#110 6 years ago

Not a huge fan but Luxe Interior is indeed one of my favorite stage names ever.

#111 6 years ago
    Quoted from Dr_Smith:

Hardly a joke... LS might do well regionally, but Snoop has sold millions more albums (in a much shorter and more recent time frame). I'm not a fan at all, but 14 top 10 singles is no small feat. While many of his fans might not be the main pinball demographic, reaching outside the norm is what brings new blood into the hobby. Also, there are many fans of that sort of genera have deep pockets and love to buy flashy things to try to impress people. Snoop would also likely be happy to do VOs for it and even advertise for it. Not only would it appeal to his fanbase, but also the pot subculture. Think of all those pot dispensaries where people have time to kill waiting for their turn in the back room with nothing to do. An SD pin would likely do damn well in the waiting room of any of the thousands of dispensaries here in the US for an op. I'd lay odds that SD would crush LS in profitability.
    While I'm a Skynyrd fan, it just seems like LS is to narrow of a demographic. Most kids today would say "Which one's Lynyrd?", vandalize it because it had a Confederate flag on it, or just not be interested because they can't relate to the theme. I dunno, but that was my line of thinkin'.

Sorry but total bullshit. You can't quote record sales because it's rap, and rap catalogue/oldies sales are almost non-existent. Completely different ballgame than Rock, where a huge album will sell for decades and remain in the public consciousness. A 40-year old huge rock album is immeasurably more valuable than a 10-year old huge rap album as a license.

A snoop pinball would possibly be awesome, but would probably be a sales disaster. My guess would be it would be a very stop and go machine designed for dulled reflexes.

#112 6 years ago

Rammstein. By German Pinball. Would buy that.

#113 6 years ago
    Quoted from Who-Dey:

To make a music pinball machine you have to have a band with at least 9-10 good songs and Rush only has one good song...that being Tom Sawyer of course. I've seen a lot of rock concerts and a Rush hands down was the worst show I've ever seen. We left as soon as they played Tom Sawyer....just couldn't take any more of them.

Are you kidding me? RUSH has 20 good albums, never mind one good song. You are insane? Rush might be the best live group ever. You are clueless as far as music goes. Great that you love pinball but.......again clueless as far as music goes, well maybe not we all like what we like but you started it....

#114 6 years ago

Rush sucks. I, like most people, had a 2 week Rush phase in high school, but you are supposed to outgrow it.

#115 6 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Rush sucks. I, like most people, had a 2 week Rush phase in high school, but you are supposed to outgrow it.

Yea okay. That's why they have 20+ gold records. 'phase in high school' well, they have had a 45+ year career, so not really a phase. Maybe a phase for people that have a short attention span, or have simple minds. So I guess your post tells us a lot about your self. But music is like pinball, you like what you like.....

#116 6 years ago

Yeah but they're Canadian, ick!

#117 6 years ago

I'll just say that so far in this conversation, RUSH has gotten more mentions than Snoop!

#118 6 years ago
    Quoted from trunchbull:

Yeah but they're Canadian, ick!

Take off!!

#119 6 years ago

Hell just make a great lookin Dirty Donnie artwork machine with true stereo sound and put a CD disk player in it so you can put in Snoop Dog or Rush or whatever the hell you want.......problem solved !

#120 6 years ago

Rush are amazing ! thinking they have one good song is your opinion . but wow who would go to a rush concert just to hear tom sawyer . boggles the mind ! i do not see skynyrd being a stern pin maybe i am wrong .

#121 6 years ago
    Quoted from rockfantasyman:

Rush are amazing ! thinking they have one good song is your opinion . but wow who would go to a rush concert just to hear tom sawyer . boggles the mind ! i do not see skynyrd being a stern pin maybe i am wrong .

I didn't go to hear Tom Sawyer. I went because my buddy wouldn't shut up until I told him I would go. He is a Rush fan and even he thought the concert sucked, matter of fact there were many people there that was talking about how horrible they were. The warm up band though was Rory Gallagher......a guy who I had never even heard of at the time, and he was awesome. He blew Rush off of the stage!

#122 6 years ago

even better, if you watch it, then 'up next', for me at least, is the fandabulotastic Danger Zone video they made on Archer. here's hoping that Keith Elwin gets to put his Archer pin idea to full production

#123 6 years ago

Saying Rush sucks is really stupid, its just too complicated for simpletons and that's cool, hey there's always hip hop.

#124 6 years ago
    Quoted from Who-Dey:

I didn't go to hear Tom Sawyer. I went because my buddy wouldn't shut up until I told him I would go. He is a Rush fan and even he thought the concert sucked, matter of fact there were many people there that was talking about how horrible they were. The warm up band though was Rory Gallagher......a guy who I had never even heard of at the time, and he was awesome. He blew Rush off of the stage!

So that would have been the Signals Tour in '82. The only other tour that Rory Gallagher opened for RUSH was back in '74.

-Steve

#125 6 years ago

Let's get through Maiden delivery first before the next rumors please.

#126 6 years ago

There's one Rush song I love:

Workin' Man!

#127 6 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

There's one Rush song I love:
    Workin' Man!

That's from their best album. Their debut.

#128 6 years ago
    Quoted from VDrums2112:

So that would have been the Signals Tour in '82. The only other tour that Rory Gallagher opened for RUSH was back in '74.
    -Steve

Yes it was 1982. Rory Gallagher was actually amazing. He destroyed Rush big time. That dude could play a guitar!

#129 6 years ago

This is one of my favs.

#130 6 years ago
    Quoted from Gatecrasher:

That's from their best album. Their debut.

I got into a Rush Youtube hole checking out that awesome song!

Actually no I didn't...the first video that came up had Rush reworking "Workin' Man" as some kind of new-age reggae ballad into a prog jam and it was absolutely horrible so bailed out. Goddamn Rush. I could only imagine what came next...Tom Sawyer done as polka, with a "Roll the Bones" style Canadian rap interlude? Limelight done in ragtime?

#131 6 years ago

It's bugging the shi* out of me that a thread about Lynyrd Skynyrd doesn't have an image of this. Please carry on....

sc (resized).PNGsc (resized).PNG

#132 6 years ago

Lemmy will not let this happen, long live MOTÖRHEAD

#133 6 years ago
    Quoted from Who-Dey:

Sounds like you fell into the old trap of having music reccomended to you by someone you dont respect. Too bad because Rush is one of the greatest and most talented bands in Rock history. You basically talked yourself out of getting to enjoy some of the most amazing music ever created.

#134 6 years ago
    Quoted from Rondogg:

Sounds like you fell into the old trap of having music reccomended to you by someone you dont respect. Too bad because Rush is one of the greatest and most talented bands in Rock history. You basically talked yourself out of getting to enjoy some of the most amazing music ever created.

No I just went along for the ride and the party. He was my best friend and didn't want to go to the concert by himself so I went along. Like I said, he was very disappointed also as was many people there at the show that were voicing their displeasure rather loudly. Neil Pert is amazing and they are a good band, but it's just not my kind of music. Rory Gallagher was worth the price of admission so it wasn't all bad. Rush though is not any good live though sorry. The only thing entertaining about Rush was watching Neil Pert on the drums.

1 week later
    #135 6 years ago

Neil Peart stands alone

#136 6 years ago
    Quoted from EchoVictor:

Very much looking forward to The Golden Circle.

just noticed this, does this mean you're gonna be watching GNR in London by any chance on Sat 17th June .... or is Golden Circle a more general term that i'm just unfamiliar with? if the former, then i'll see you there, there's at least 8 fellow UK pinheads gonna be there waggling our heads about and probably hopped up on goofballs or somesuch

Added over 7 years ago:

There are 136 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rumours-of-a-new-stern-pin-lynyrd-skynyrd/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.