Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 203 posts
  • 97 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by HOOKED
  • Topic is favorited by 8 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

WP_20141008_07_53_20_Pro.jpg
    GOT yeah man.gif
    GOT BBQ.gif
    a79587336732556e8041bad6fda7016d972315375b2a0c735d3f97946d949daa.jpg
    60344840.jpg
    hodor GOT.jpg
    GOTGS.jpg
    STERN GOT Ministry.jpg
    game-of-thrones-will-be-coming-to-movie-theaters-later-than-expected.gif
    There are 203 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 5.
    #101 9 years ago

Stern is just putting GoT out there as a red herring. Steve's doing Fast and Furious 7. (Sad trombone)

#102 9 years ago
    Quoted from Aurich:

They basically got more bizarre with every one they've released. They're enjoyable in their own way, turn off your brain romps, but the whole series is ready to just be put to rest IMHO.

Unfortunately, I believe they're filming another one now? I saw it late one night channel surfing.

#103 9 years ago
    Quoted from Aurich:

They're enjoyable in their own way, turn off your brain romps, but the whole series is ready to just be put to rest IMHO.

Or straight to dvd.

#104 9 years ago
    Quoted from Maken:

Weird, everyone assumes that SR is doing GOT. But, I've heard that he's actually doing Kiss.

From everything I've heard this is incorrect.

#105 9 years ago
    Quoted from The_Dude_Abides:

From everything I've heard this is incorrect.

Agreed. Ritchie doing Kiss seems unlikely. Insiders like mnpinball have stated that Steve hates Kiss (http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/steve-ritchie-lyman-sheats-pin-coming-in-2015/page/3#post-2063805).

Part of Steve's agreement with Stern is that he only works on themes that he likes. Steve mentioned this when interviewed on Spooky Pinball's podcast around the 1:46:00 mark:
    http://www.spookypinball.com/http:/spookypinball.com/spooky-pinball-podcast-show-57/

#106 9 years ago
    Quoted from thedefog:

Then bypass seasons 2 & 3 and go straight to 4.

I'll agree with you on skipping the first half of Season 2. It was so dull that it made me quit watching the show until all anyone was talking about was the Red Wedding toward the end of Season 3. That got me to finally go back and watch the back half of Season 2 (much better than the first half) and catch up on Season 3 so I could get through the Red Wedding unspoiled.

Overall the show is quite good, but definitely overhyped. Much like Breaking Bad.

#107 9 years ago
    Quoted from flecom:

every time I see Gary I mention south park, I know you are kidding but remember Sega South Park was the machine that killed off Bally/Williams... it's an incredibly strong license with an incredible catalog of stuff to pull from... if they did a "Stick of Truth" machine or something I would for sure buy one or several to put on route since I KNOW those would make $$$

Man I'm with you

I want a new South Park so bad I sent them a message on FB about it back when you could message them

If they made a super sweet South Park I'd get an LE and put that hoe next to TSPP & FGY

#108 9 years ago
    Quoted from jarjarisgod:

Overall the show is quite good, but definitely overhyped. Much like Breaking Bad.

The last season and 1/2 was greatness.

#109 9 years ago

You haven't seen great until you see Danaerys ride her dragons for the first time. Should happen sometime next season...if not this one.

#110 9 years ago
    Quoted from jarjarisgod:

Okay, now we're truly off in crazy land. Not only is GoT never boring to me, but Breaking Bad is one of the best written shows of all time.

#111 9 years ago
    Quoted from iceman44:

The last season and 1/2 was greatness.

Other than the stuff involving either Bran or Ramsay I'd agree. The Bran stuff is just boring to me and the guy who plays Ramsay is so damn good at his job of making the character unsettling that I find very little entertainment in his scenes. In a way, I guess that's a compliment.

#112 9 years ago
    Quoted from Aurich:

Okay, now we're truly off in crazy land. Not only is GoT never boring to me, but Breaking Bad is one of the best written shows of all time.

I enjoyed many aspects of the show, but it left a lot to be desired at times. The show just doesn't resonate with me. The writing was good, but nothing amazing in my eyes. Walter was one of the least interesting parts of the show to be honest. Hank and Jesse were far more compelling to watch and their characters were developed far better than Walter's.

The main thing it proved is that an actor can win awards for snarling and making angry faces for entire seasons. So I guess that's something.

#113 9 years ago

No reason for this pin to be made until shows ends which I believe will be Season 7 per last review I read from author. Even talks of HBO wanting this to be a ten year series. Another reason is to let technology advance let's say 3 or 5 years to help the game come out better.

#114 9 years ago
    Quoted from Aurich:

Yep, Breaking Bad would have to be the best drama I've EVER watched on tv and currently, is probably better than anything I've seen on the big screen in such a long time. Looking forward to taking the time and watching it all again from episode 1.

Despite my love for the tv show, it's not a theme that I think needs to happen. Game of Thrones is a different story. Medieval theme, dragons....and something that is lacking from modern pinball...women.

#115 9 years ago
    Quoted from Jackontherocks:

No reason for this pin to be made until shows ends which I believe will be Season 7 per last review I read from author. Even talks of HBO wanting this to be a ten year series. Another reason is to let technology advance let's say 3 or 5 years to help the game come out better.

yes, according to mr. martin, 'a song of ice and fire' is/was supposed to be a 7 book series.

however, given that he wrote the first 3 books in a 2-year span each (1996, 1998, 2000) and then it took him another 11 years years to complete the 4th and 5th books (5 and 6 years respectively).

this season's hbo series starts to cover book 4, so unless they stretch out books 4 & 5 to fill multiple seasons, the viewers are going to be left waiting for him to finish up the final 2 novels before they can film for the series.

#116 9 years ago

They're actually skipping most of book 4, so this season will contain material from Dance With Dragons. Also, they're beginning to diverge from the books' plots, and they've said that the series will probably be finished before the books. Which kind of sucks for those of us who read the books...major spoilers!

#117 9 years ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

They're actually skipping most of book 4, so this season will contain material from Dance With Dragons. Also, they're beginning to diverge from the books' plots, and they've said that the series will probably be finished before the books. Which kind of sucks for those of us who read the books...major spoilers!

It seems like they've re-arranged the order of a lot of the events from the books as well. Sometimes I'm not quite sure why from an editing standpoint what the purpose of it was. They've diverged enough from the books that I'm treating them as separate entities now, which is always a good idea with tv and movie adaptations. The books are not an easy read though. They almost more difficult to follow than the show with all of the characters and plots going on. I found myself referencing back through the book just to remember who the hell they were talking about a lot of times. It is messy, it reminds me of the time i tried to read war and peace.

#118 9 years ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

It's probably a good thing that they're skipping most of book four. I found it a huge bore, even though a lot of things happened in it.

Martin has said that he already knows how everything will end in the final book, so I wonder if he has told the writers of the show? It will be interesting to see if the books and show end the same or with a completely different king or queen.

I've also heard rumors of some movies after the series ends. I think a movie or movies of "Roberts Rebellion" would be cool. That's a great story in itself.

#119 9 years ago
    Quoted from thedefog:

The books are not an easy read though. They almost more difficult to follow than the show with all of the characters and plots going on. I found myself referencing back through the book just to remember who the hell they were talking about a lot of times. It is messy, it reminds me of the time i tried to read war and peace.

Don't try to read the Malazan series, then. I read a lot of this stuff, so it wasn't too bad for me to follow.

Quoted from BillySastard:

Martin has said that he already knows how everything will end in the final book, so I wonder if he has told the writers of the show?

They have actually sat down, and Martin told them everything. The word is that the three of them are the only people that know how it turns out. So, expect the outcome to be the same, but the way they get there to be very different.

#120 9 years ago

Martin has said that he already knows how everything will end in the final book, so I wonder if he has told the writers of the show?

He has. So even if he dies, the TV series will have an end...if not the books (although I assume a final book would be ghostwritten).

#121 9 years ago
    Quoted from aobrien5:

Don't try to read the Malazan series, then. I read a lot of this stuff, so it wasn't too bad for me to follow.

I'm not the best reader in the world admittedly. I've got some reading comprehension issues. Fav book is the Hobbit because it is all about 1 character. I'm not crazy about books/stories with branching plots and multiple characters, it always seems to me as if it is a writing crutch. I like linearity in stories and focus or I stop being able to follow and get bored.

#122 9 years ago
    Quoted from thedefog:

I'm not the best reader in the world admittedly. I've got some reading comprehension issues. Fav book is the Hobbit because it is all about 1 character. I'm not crazy about books/stories with branching plots and multiple characters, it always seems to me as if it is a writing crutch. I like linearity in stories and focus or I stop being able to follow and get bored.

This is an interesting comment, because Tolkien was one of the worst for this. I think The Hobbit was intended to be a childrens book. He created a mess writing Lord Of The Rings and had to constantly revise/re-write to avoid inconsistencies from earlier events/characters.

I haven't read any of the Game Of Thrones books, but the show is usually tough for me to catch up on early in the season because it basically feels like Men With Beards Outwitting Each Other... So many of the secondary characters look alike that it takes a few episodes to get it all straight again.

#123 9 years ago
    Quoted from zr11990:

How are you going to do a GOT pin? All they do is fuck each other. If they aren't fucking each other they are killing each other. I have seen more tits in that show than I have seen anywhere else.
    Here's for titties....... Hurra.
    Im in a weird mood

http://www.deviationobligatoire.com/gallery/pinball-boobs-seattle-pinball-museum-2/

#124 9 years ago

He has. He's given the writers his whole outline so that they know what's going to happen, and can account for it in their adaptation. There was a great piece about it all in Vanity Fair late last year.

#125 9 years ago
    Quoted from TOK:

This is an interesting comment, because Tolkien was one of the worst for this. I think The Hobbit was intended to be a childrens book. He created a mess writing Lord of the Rings and had to constantly revise/re-write to avoid inconsistencies from earlier events/characters.

Agreed. I feel that way as much as I love the lord of the rings books. I can sit and read the Hobbit all in one go though. When reading the trilogy, there is a lot more background info and detail that can get a little slow if you aren't already invested in it. Reading the Hobbit first is a primer for that though. I don't want to put it down once I pick it up. I think I first read it in 5th grade, so it is definitely intended for a younger audience, but there is something perfect about that book, regardless of how old you are.

#126 9 years ago
    Quoted from thedefog:

I'm not crazy about books/stories with branching plots and multiple characters, it always seems to me as if it is a writing crutch. I like linearity in stories and focus or I stop being able to follow and get bored.

It is certainly much harder to do right. I've found very few series withhuge plots that don't have some kind of issues.

You should read The Stars My Destination by Alfred Bester. All about one guy who got marooned in space and how he goes about getting revenge on the people who left him there. Great stuff.

#127 9 years ago
    Quoted from Gort:

I really love the show, but from a pinball marketing point of view I dont think its a good idea. Many people dont have HBO to watch GOT or if they do there not letting there kids watch it. Ive asked many people at work and there like "Whats GOT?" The Hobbit and MMR are coming out so you already have a couple pins with dragons and monsters on them. Would I want the pin? If was made right, hell yeah! It just doesnt make sense to me.

I unfortunately do agree with it not seeming ideal from all angles. Maybe not as much in terms of HBO exclusivity, but I do feel the pin market would become slightly over-saturated with medieval themes if they do GoT (as much as I absolutely do love the show & medieval stuff in general). It's going to be REALLY hard to ever top Medieval Madness, and I guess just in the back of my mind I keep picturing a GoT pin being too similar to LoTR. Or even too similar to The Walking Dead considering it's a low hanging fruit trendy bandwagon theme.

I actually really liked the risk Stern took on WWE with their non-traditional playfield feature, and they have the uniqueness of the theme to thank for that. The jury is still out on how well that will hold up, but for now it's holding my attention way more than anything on Walking Dead ever did. If Stern were to make a GoT pin, I'd hope they do something radically unique again to set it apart. I'm tired of seeing just a bunch of orbits & one bash toy in the center, which seems like what these recent TV/film themes elude themselves to.

#128 9 years ago
    Quoted from toddkay:

I'm tired of seeing just a bunch of orbits & one bash toy in the center,

I cant take another rehash of this.

#129 9 years ago
    Quoted from aobrien5:

You should read The Stars My Destination by Alfred Bester. All about one guy who got marooned in space and how he goes about getting revenge on the people who left him there. Great stuff.

I'll check it out. All my favorite books and authors are generally single-character focused.

#130 9 years ago

slightly off topic:
    has anyone here read melanie rawn's dragon prince series? the first trilogy was really well done as far as the story line goes and the battle between church and state. yet another book series that could be done well as 3 10-episode series on HBO or another of the premium cable networks.

#131 9 years ago
    Quoted from j_m_:

slightly off topic:
    has anyone here read melanie rawn's dragon prince series? the first trilogy was really well done as far as the story line goes and the battle between church and state. yet another book series that could be done well as 3 10-episode series on HBO or another of the premium cable networks.

I'll put it on my list!

#132 9 years ago
    Quoted from Aurich:

He has. He's given the writers his whole outline so that they know what's going to happen, and can account for it in their adaptation. There was a great piece about it all in Vanity Fair late last year.

Aren't they going to have to make up 1-2 seasons of tv show as he hasn't written the rest yet? So they are kinda making filler seasons.

#133 9 years ago
    Quoted from BillPinball:

Just in case the page vanishes:
    STERN GOT Ministry.jpg (Click image to enlarge)

Good thing as it's gone..

#134 9 years ago
    Quoted from toddkay:

I actually really liked the risk Stern took on WWE with their non-traditional playfield feature, and they have the uniqueness of the theme to thank for that. The jury is still out on how well that will hold up, but for now it's holding my attention way more than anything on Walking Dead ever did. If Stern were to make a GoT pin, I'd hope they do something radically unique again to set it apart. I'm tired of seeing just a bunch of orbits & one bash toy in the center, which seems like what these recent TV/film themes elude themselves to.

I agree, I dont care for the WWE theme but I was impressed with wrestling ring feature in it.

#135 9 years ago
    Quoted from jarjarisgod:

The best television show ever made (Breaking Bad) cannot be overrated!

#136 9 years ago
    Quoted from jarjarisgod:

I enjoyed many aspects of the show, but it left a lot to be desired at times. The show just doesn't resonate with me. The writing was good, but nothing amazing in my eyes. Walter was one of the least interesting parts of the show to be honest. Hank and Jesse were far more compelling to watch and their characters were developed far better than Walter's.
    The main thing it proved is that an actor can win awards for snarling and making angry faces for entire seasons. So I guess that's something.

You must be high. Walter White was played to perfection. He had this dichotomy between caring for his family and being completely self serving and evil (Heisenberg) that you never knew what you were going to get with each episode. That scene where he says "Say my name" to the meth dealer was one of the best scenes I've ever seen in a TV show.

#137 9 years ago

When I hear this on the show I get goosebumps.

Who are you talking to right now? Who is it you think you see? Do you know how much I make a year? I mean, even if I told you, you wouldn't believe it. Do you know what would happen if I suddenly decided to stop going into work? A business big enough that it could be listed on the NASDAQ goes belly up. Disappears! It ceases to exist without me. No, you clearly don't know who you're talking to, so let me clue you in. I am not in danger, Skyler. I AM the danger. A guy opens his door and gets shot and you think that of me? No. I am the one who knocks!

#138 9 years ago
    Quoted from Ryu21:

You must be high.

Off blue meth.

And I still love The Wire more than Breaking Bad, but damn it was a good show. And unlike The Wire it ended on the perfect note. Such a good ending. No Sopranos copout bullshit.

#139 9 years ago

There you go again, Aurich. Giving a fuck when it ain't your turn to give a fuck.

#140 9 years ago

Sounds like the GOT rumors are true. Hope Ritchie hits it out of the park!

#141 9 years ago

Hells yeah!

GOT BBQ.gifGOT BBQ.gif

GOT yeah man.gifGOT yeah man.gif

#142 9 years ago

If they make this it might be time for my first NIB purchase. Time will tell

#143 9 years ago

I wish they would surprise us and announce this game next month with the season premiere. I need a new Ritchie game! Also Borg needs more time on whatever he's doing. Parts of TWD definitely felt rushed.

#144 9 years ago

It makes no sense for this game to come out later in the year. It's either coming real soon so it is shipping when the season is still going or it's not happening this year.

#145 9 years ago

Sunset found her squatting in the grass, groaning. Every stool was looser than the one before, and smelled fouler. By the time the moon came up she was shitting brown water. The more she drank, the more she shat, but the more she shat, the thirstier she grew, and her thirst sent her crawling to the stream to suck up more water.

#146 9 years ago
    Quoted from jgentry:

It makes no sense for this game to come out later in the year. It's either coming real soon so it is shipping when the season is still going or it's not happening this year.

When the season starts is irrelevant. The license is already popular & will be popular for a long time. Stern licenses last 3 years...so, there will be plenty of new seasons while the game is in production (not that it really matters).

#147 9 years ago

Looks promising? - White walker on the lane guides, Iron Throne on the right?

WP_20141008_07_53_20_Pro.jpgWP_20141008_07_53_20_Pro.jpg
    #148 9 years ago

what is that supposed to be????

I don't think that's a stern unless they decided to go back to the old auto-launch and use williams ball troughs

#149 9 years ago
    Quoted from lachied:

WP_20141008_07_53_20_Pro.jpg (Click image to enlarge)

Are Shit-b making it?

#150 9 years ago

I think it might be from a guy who posted on the p-roc forums, making a GoT game. thought I might be wrong.

There are 203 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 5.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rumors-got/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.