(Topic ID: 357530)

RUMOR: Spooky's next game is Beetlejuice.

By JH315

44 days ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 122 posts
  • 52 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 24 days ago by Haymaker
  • Topic is favorited by 9 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Are you buying Beetlejuice?”

• "It's Showtime!" - YES 39 votes
      43%
    • "My whole life is a dark room." - NO 35 votes
      38%
    • Where's Back to the Future? 17 votes
      19%

(91 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

ea79b0dd4dc7ed51f552fda4b50f7eaf (resized).jpg
    2f1f2ee89109a66086e340bb53a165fc (resized).jpg
    a2174bc85c5092e7c341a1d6dd589681 (resized).jpg
    IMG_9300 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_9296 (resized).jpeg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    IMG_2406 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_2024 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_2479 (resized).jpeg
    31CF6FB7-AFA1-45EE-988B-77ADC00A13CB (resized).jpeg
    F63A8F8E-252B-4D7A-BBBC-187D453E58E2 (resized).jpeg
    Screenshot_20240607_071132_Samsung Internet (resized).jpg
    There are 122 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.
    #101 41 days ago
    Quoted from PanzerKraken:

You are angry clearly, but I mean how else is stuff going to get fixed? All software development needs live play player feedback and play to iron out issues. Even all mighty stern putting out 13k games with incomplete code depend on player feedback, bug reports, and so on to help further develop them.

Deez is spot on! No one needs to be the beta tester at today’s pin costs. Do that before release. I least bring the main course to the table. The desert can be hemmed and hawed over as the final polish of code is cherry topped.

#102 41 days ago
    Quoted from frankmac:

Deez is spot on! No one needs to be the beta tester at today’s pin costs. Do that before release. I least bring the main course to the table. The desert can be hemmed and hawed over as the final polish of code is cherry topped.

And it's two years in the past now, so again whats the point? We want the game fixed, it's being worked on, it's not ideal but like, we want the game to work. They are doing better clearly with their newer titles so far so I think they are improving a bit in that, but really what's raging about a long dead horse going to do? If we want the game fixed, we got to push to get it fixed, crying about it and not doing anything is going to achieve what?

All software is beta tested, and any update needs to be beta tested as well. Recent Foo Fighters update broke a key component of that game's code, shoulda been caught in testing, but it went live. Couple weeks to get fixed but still stuff happens, this is why we have live testing.

We want better more polished code, we should be ENCOURAGING proper game testing. Problematic code comes from not enough live testing and tester feedback to narrow down and squash the problems before code is made live. Internal testing is never enough, billion dollar companies have to reach out to thousands of volunteer beta testers every day to test things and guess what, bugs still happen. But the more testing done, the better chances of code being better. More hands on deck is needed and should be encouraged.

Folks want Spooky to improve on code, yea who wouldn't, but they clearly need to really expand and improve on their Q&A via testing. Get more people involved, longer and larger testing pools, that's a key component to improve overall product QC.

#103 41 days ago
    Quoted from PanzerKraken:

And it's two years in the past now, so again whats the point? We want the game fixed, it's being worked on, it's not ideal but like, we want the game to work. They are doing better clearly with their newer titles so far so I think they are improving a bit in that, but really what's raging about a long dead horse going to do? If we want the game fixed, we got to push to get it fixed, crying about it and not doing anything is going to achieve what?
    All software is beta tested, and any update needs to be beta tested as well. Recent Foo Fighters update broke a key component of that game's code, shoulda been caught in testing, but it went live. Couple weeks to get fixed but still stuff happens, this is why we have live testing.
    We want better more polished code, we should be ENCOURAGING proper game testing. Problematic code comes from not enough live testing and tester feedback to narrow down and squash the problems before code is made live. Internal testing is never enough, billion dollar companies have to reach out to thousands of volunteer beta testers every day to test things and guess what, bugs still happen. But the more testing done, the better chances of code being better. More hands on deck is needed and should be encouraged.
    Folks want Spooky to improve on code, yea who wouldn't, but they clearly need to really expand and improve on their Q&A via testing. Get more people involved, longer and larger testing pools, that's a key component to improve overall product QC.

One upon a time, publicly released software worked MUCH better than today. Sadly, customers are now de facto beta testers across the board. With boutique high end luxury items like pinball machines, it’s not at all unreasonable to want the company to just be competent and do their freaking job well.

#104 41 days ago

doesn’t matter

#105 41 days ago
    Quoted from pinheadpierre:

One upon a time, publicly released software worked MUCH better than today. Sadly, customers are now de facto beta testers across the board. With boutique high end luxury items like pinball machines, it’s not at all unreasonable to want the company to just be competent and do their freaking job well.

That's nice. And software worked much better in the past? Of course, software was much simpler, but also when there was bugs and problems in software back in the day, those things just were never fixed as there was no update options. There is tons of old school pins that have bugs in them that never were fixed, and unfinished rule sets and code, but that's all we are stuck with.

Pinball has adopted similar release mentality as video games, and its to be expected with how much more complex software and code complexity is was. As much as old timers want to yell at the clouds, it aint' gonna change anything. This is how things are now and it's not going to change as complexity, hardware, and code is continually just going to get more complex.

Customers being beta testers has become the norm the past two decades in software development. The more complex the software becomes, the more can break and the more live testing that is needed. Don't like it then oh well, no one is forcing you to participate, but those who do care and willing to can give their feedback and help develop and improve these games.

You want better code? This is the way.

#106 41 days ago

Want better code? Wait 2y before buying a game.
    Let someone else do the testing.

#107 41 days ago
    Quoted from jfesler:

Want better code? Wait 2y before buying a game.
    Let someone else do the testing.

Been 2 years.

#108 40 days ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

Been 2 years.

I believe the sentiment was “ wait until it’s at a satisfactory state or don’t buy it “ . The only reason pins cost what they do is because there’s been a steady , unending line of buyers plunking down money w/o playing or many times even seeing the game .

#109 40 days ago

Not a big fan of the movie, but I liked it. I have to admit this will be a GREAT theme for a pinball machine. Very interesting.

#110 40 days ago
    Quoted from NevadaNutJob:

I believe the sentiment was “ wait until it’s at a satisfactory state or don’t buy it “

Ah fair enough; thanks!

2 weeks later
    #111 25 days ago

the bottom of this slide at this talk makes me believe that Stern might have the license

#112 25 days ago
    Quoted from Haymaker:

I hate Harry Potter with a passion. I find Harry Potter fans to be next level cringe. That said, you're absolutely right, it would be a monster hit game. Harry Potter is easily the most requested theme in pinball besides Back to the Future (which we'll also be getting)

can't decide which one i hate more.

#113 25 days ago

Please merge this thread with the Pinside has become boring thread.

#114 25 days ago

Just make sure BTTF is only part 2. The more Bif the better.

#115 25 days ago

Nah if BTTF gets made it will be BTTF3! Newer is always better!

#116 25 days ago
    Quoted from espaan:

the bottom of this slide at this talk makes me believe that Stern might have the license

I hope so

#117 25 days ago

I thought Spooky's next game is Scream

#118 25 days ago

Damn..
    I had my heart set on Airport 77 !!
    What a cast !!
    Daren Mcgavin, Christopher Lee, Jimmy Stewart. And big George Kennedy.

Boeing must have loved all these posters....

2f1f2ee89109a66086e340bb53a165fc (resized).jpg2f1f2ee89109a66086e340bb53a165fc (resized).jpgea79b0dd4dc7ed51f552fda4b50f7eaf (resized).jpgea79b0dd4dc7ed51f552fda4b50f7eaf (resized).jpga2174bc85c5092e7c341a1d6dd589681 (resized).jpga2174bc85c5092e7c341a1d6dd589681 (resized).jpg
    #119 25 days ago
    Quoted from espaan:

Stern had the option on Bettlejuice but passed on it

#120 24 days ago
    Quoted from ccbiggsoo7:

can't decide which one i hate more.

You hate back to the future??

#121 24 days ago
    Quoted from Haymaker:

You hate back to the future??

Its so overblown as a theme there's no possible way it could live up to the hype. Spooky & JJP wouldn't help that either.

#122 24 days ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

Its so overblown as a theme there's no possible way it could live up to the hype. Spooky & JJP wouldn't help that either.

I 100% agree with you there. Same with Harry Potter. People's imaginations have run wild for so long, dreaming of what a game based on their favorite franchise could be like, that even if the games were packed and awesome, they will be a let down. BTTF is my ultimate dream theme and I've had to make a conscience effort to temper any and all expectations for the game. As long as its better than the DE version, and has the real doc and marty (or some artistic approximation that is close enough to reality) I will personally be satisfied, but I know I am the exception there.

There are 122 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.