(Topic ID: 357530)

RUMOR: Spooky's next game is Beetlejuice.

By JH315

44 days ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 122 posts
  • 52 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 23 days ago by Haymaker
  • Topic is favorited by 9 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Are you buying Beetlejuice?”

• "It's Showtime!" - YES 39 votes
      43%
    • "My whole life is a dark room." - NO 35 votes
      38%
    • Where's Back to the Future? 17 votes
      19%

(91 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

ea79b0dd4dc7ed51f552fda4b50f7eaf (resized).jpg
    2f1f2ee89109a66086e340bb53a165fc (resized).jpg
    a2174bc85c5092e7c341a1d6dd589681 (resized).jpg
    IMG_9300 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_9296 (resized).jpeg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    IMG_2406 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_2024 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_2479 (resized).jpeg
    31CF6FB7-AFA1-45EE-988B-77ADC00A13CB (resized).jpeg
    F63A8F8E-252B-4D7A-BBBC-187D453E58E2 (resized).jpeg
    Screenshot_20240607_071132_Samsung Internet (resized).jpg
    There are 122 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.
    #1 44 days ago

Late night, Kaneda put out into the world that the next game from Spooky is 100% confirmed, Beetlejuice. Anyone excited about this? Honestly, I'd rather have Pee-Wee's Big Adventure if they're doing Burton.

Franchi on art. Hopefully Keaton on callouts and Elfman's music. He also said they have the rights to Goonies.

#2 44 days ago

Two perfect Licences for Spooky... if true.

#3 44 days ago

Dream theme, but in this market - I’d prob wait vs. pre-ordering. Sound package will be key.

#4 44 days ago

If spooky were ever able to figure out their code situation and make the experience polished, I'd be all over it. Until then I'm taking a back seat. I think the theme sounds great though.

#5 44 days ago
    Quoted from JH315:

Late night, Kaneda put out into the world that the next game from Spooky is 100% confirmed, Beetlejuice. Anyone excited about this? Honestly, I'd rather have Pee-Wee's Big Adventure if they're doing Burton.
    Franchi on art. Hopefully Keaton on callouts and Elfman's music. He also said they have the rights to Goonies.
    [quoted image]

I wouldn't bet the farm that "Kaneda" knows all. Makes sense if Spooky ever does Beetlejuice that Franchi would be the artist.

#6 44 days ago

Last few releases spookys art packages have been awesome. I could see this looking incredible especially with franchi. They are very slow to do code updates, but I do like the direction their code is going. I own scooby and the modes are different than many companies. I have a LT on order and am looking forward to it quite a bit. That game is stunning to look at imho.

#7 44 days ago

Dream theme for me

#8 43 days ago

Don't believe everything that gets thrown against the wall. If you throw 10 things at the wall eventually 1 will stick probably, but this isn't it. I've had my paws on the next game and he's wrong. Wish it was though ! What a cool theme ! Don't worry Spooky makes everything they do cool ! : )

#9 43 days ago

Its not Beetlejuice says Kaneda.

#10 43 days ago
    Quoted from PinballSTAR:

Don't believe everything that gets thrown against the wall. If you throw 10 things at the wall eventually 1 will stick probably, but this isn't it. I've had my paws on the next game and he's wrong. Wish it was though ! What a cool theme ! Don't worry Spooky makes everything they do cool ! : )

Dangit, Joe. We were all set to salivate and wonder for the next six months and you go an ruin it with facts!!

#11 43 days ago
    Quoted from RC_like_the_cola:

Dangit, Joe. We were all set to salivate and wonder for the next six months and you go an ruin it with facts!!

Oh I wish it was a 'next' thing - Kaneda's a boatload of fun and keeps us all talking and pinball relevant in our daily conversations, that's a good thing. Wrong info just doesn't do the community or these companies any good. He gets fed stuff i'm sure that is both good and bad - usually i don't say much frankly because I don't know much anymore these companies are really good at keeping info under wraps but this one I knew wasn't right.

That said - any new pinball is good pinball ! And we all love talking about it in general / 'what if' terms ! Carry on....

: )

#12 43 days ago

You have to confirm it three times before it becomes reality.

#13 43 days ago

I don’t understand why pinball companies are so secretive about there upcoming games. I don’t know why they don’t handle the same way as a video game where they announce very early in development. I think a lot of misfires could be prevented if games are exposed to public feedback early on. I get they are worried about canabalizing existing sales, but there are always going to be new games coming out.

#14 43 days ago
    Quoted from JSC:

I don’t understand why pinball companies are so secretive about there upcoming games.

I know why... just ask Charlie about the Godzilla pin he dreamed of building... Stern steps in with a bigger check book, game over.

#15 43 days ago

I would be in for Evil Dead 2/Army of Darkness. Other than that I’m out on NIB.

#16 43 days ago
    Quoted from Rarehero:

Dream theme, but in this market - I’d prob wait vs. pre-ordering. Sound package will be key.

I couldn’t agree more with this post. The theme pushes my nostalgia buttons really well…it’s also a fantastic license for Spooky and on theme for them.

The game needs a top flight light show, music, and sounds. I’m wait to play before I buy moving forward on Spooky games, but if they knock this one out of the park I could see it in my game room.

#17 43 days ago
    Quoted from JH315:

Late night, Kaneda put out into the world that the next game from Spooky is 100% confirmed, Beetlejuice.

Quoted from Haymaker:

Its not Beetlejuice says Kaneda.

Schrödinger’s Prediction?
    If a game is predicted and it’s wrong:
    Special K never said it and it’s not his fault

If a game is predicted correctly (even by someone else):
    Special K has been saying it all along and before anyone else

#18 43 days ago

Do yourself a favor and do not pre order.

#19 43 days ago

“sterns next game is Beetlejuice designed by Elwin” would be pretty exciting

#20 43 days ago
    Quoted from Isochronic_Frost:

Schrödinger’s Prediction?
    If a game is predicted and it’s wrong:
    Special K never said it and it’s not his fault
    If a game is predicted correctly (even by someone else):
    Special K has been saying it all along and before anyone else

He said it, then corrected himself shortly after. Not the first time this has happened or the first or last time he was/will be wrong about something. remember matrix was "100% confirmed" a few months back too and thats not right either. Seethers sure do like to grasp on to things without seeing the big picture.

#21 43 days ago
    Quoted from Haymaker:

remember matrix was "100% confirmed" a few months back too and thats not right either.

JJP is not doing the Matrix? That is a major bummer if so, I was really looking forward to what a JJP Matrix could be.

#22 43 days ago
    Quoted from TigerLaw:

JJP is not doing the Matrix? That is a major bummer if so, I was really looking forward to what a JJP Matrix could be.

They most likely are doing the matrix its just not the next game (probably), sorry I should have made that more clear.

Lets also not forget that everyone's beloved Jason Knapp (who really is a great guy btw people are right to like him), just said Harry Potter by Eric Meunier is confirmed as the next game from JJP. I'm pretty sure thats wrong too. He's had his fair share of blown calls but he doesn't make people seethe with anger so people don't go on posting rampages about how he's never right while ignoring the multitude of times he is right.

#23 43 days ago
    Quoted from Haymaker:

They most likely are doing the matrix its just not the next game (probably), sorry I should have made that more clear.

So long as it is still on the production schedule eventually I am super happy!

Quoted from Haymaker:

Lets also not forget that everyone's beloved Jason Knapp (who really is a great guy btw people are right to like him), just said Harry Potter by Eric Meunier is confirmed as the next game from JJP. I'm pretty sure thats wrong too.

Oh wow! Though not a theme that is a big draw for me personally, I know this is sought after by many and it should sell like gangbusters…and JJP really needs a big hit title. I view this as good news.

I really need to keep up with current events better…

#24 43 days ago
    Quoted from TigerLaw:

So long as it is still on the production schedule eventually I am super happy!

Oh wow! Though not a theme that is a big draw for me personally, I know this is sought after by many and it should sell like gangbusters…and JJP really needs a big hit title. I view this as good news.

I hate Harry Potter with a passion. I find Harry Potter fans to be next level cringe. That said, you're absolutely right, it would be a monster hit game. Harry Potter is easily the most requested theme in pinball besides Back to the Future (which we'll also be getting)

#25 43 days ago
    Quoted from TigerLaw:

Just start podcast and spread a bunch of false rumors!

#26 43 days ago
    Quoted from Vino:

Just start podcast and spread a bunch of false rumors!

As somebody who actively participates in the rumor mill, has his own sources and intel, and finds out stuff occasionally I can tell you the whole "podcasters spread a bunch of false rumors" or "throw things around till something sticks" is pure cope. For whatever reason, people expect these things to be black and white when more often than not you're dealing with a bunch of shades of gray. Sure, sometimes you have 100% legit knowledge of something, but sometimes somebody who you'd think couldn't possibly be giving you bad intel does. More often than not its taking a bunch of pieces of knowledge and trying to put together the puzzle. Some people simply can't handle that. I'm not a podcaster, and I don't often leak my intel to other podcasters unless MAYBE theres already a lot of buzz going around, but I understand how it works. At least most podcasters tend to make clear if what they're saying is pure speculation, an educated guess, or they have literally seen the rumored bit of news or at least how good their source is, before talking about it. So its not like any of the bigger name guys are just making stuff up out of thin air, and if they are they will tell you.

#27 43 days ago

Kenaeda the all-knowing pinball critic. I bet he has never even took the glass off a pinball machine before, let alone dragged a Novus-soaked rag across a playfield.

#28 42 days ago
    Quoted from JH315:

He also said they have the rights to Goonies.

They should absolutely skip this one. The movie doesn't hold up. It sucks. Don't believe me? It's $3.79 on Prime in UHD. Go give it a watch.

- First 40min is kids terribly acting, and speaking over one another because they know their lines, but have no clue what "timing" or "pace" is.
    - Then they get to the bad guys house where they're prisoners... with an unlocked door and no one watching over them.
    - The older brother and the bicycle/Mustang scene. Yikes.
    - The brother saves them in complete lackluster fashion and they just leave the house with zero resistance.
    - Each scene in the basement is a lack of awareness and volume control.
    - WTF was the point of the pipes scene, other than to get a toilet joke in?
    - The bone organ scene is painful to watch, the overacting when the floor falls out... only for the Fratelli's to take a path so wide, I think it's wheelchair accessible.
    - Is walking the plank scary or not??? Because it's both a threat, and a fun jump at different times.
    - Haha, the fat kid is "Chunk", and the techie Asian is "Data"!!! And the slow brother is "Sloth". Wow Spielberg, way to be on the nose. Would've loved to seen if you had cast a Mexican or Black guy, what hilarity you'd come up with for their names!

Seriously, don't base wanting Goonies from over-romanticizing your childhood when you thought it was the bees knees. Go rewatch it. Movie blows and a pin of it would just be a greatest hits of cringe scenes. I'd rather see Corey Feldman in concert than watch that steaming pile again. Hard pass on a pin.

#29 42 days ago
    Quoted from PinballSTAR:

For those that paid patreon for info, do they get refunds? Re-patreoned?

#30 42 days ago

I just saw the trailer for the new Beetlejuice before Furiosa so that adds up.

#31 42 days ago
    Quoted from Yoko2una:

Go give it a watch.

Don't knowm why this this is a shock to you; but we've seen it more than as kids 35 years ago.

#32 42 days ago
    Quoted from Yoko2una:

They should absolutely skip this one. The movie doesn't hold up. It sucks. Don't believe me? It's $3.79 on Prime in UHD. Go give it a watch.
    - First 40min is kids terribly acting, and speaking over one another because they know their lines, but have no clue what "timing" or "pace" is.
    - Then they get to the bad guys house where they're prisoners... with an unlocked door and no one watching over them.
    - The brother saves them in complete lackluster fashion and they just leave the house with zero resistance.
    - The bone organ scene is painful to watch, the overacting when the floor falls out... only for the Fratelli's to take a path so wide, I think it's wheelchair accessible.
    - Is walking the plank scary or not??? Because it's both a threat, and a fun jump at different times.
    - Haha, the fat kid is "Chunk", and the techie Asian is "Data"!!! And the slow brother is "Sloth". Wow Spielberg, way to be on the nose. Would've loved to seen if you had cast a Mexican or Black guy, what hilarity you'd come up with for their names!
    Seriously, don't base wanting Goonies from over-romanticizing your childhood when you thought it was the bees knees. Go rewatch it. Movie blows and a pin of it would just be a greatest hits of cringe scenes. I'd rather see Corey Feldman in concert than watch that steaming pile again. Hard pass on a pin.

Preach it brother....

Screenshot_20240607_071132_Samsung Internet (resized).jpgScreenshot_20240607_071132_Samsung Internet (resized).jpg
    #33 42 days ago
    Quoted from Yoko2una:

You left out laughs at the expense of the Mexican nanny. Cause she’s Mexican. That was funny in 1985. Along with making fun of Asian and gay people. No 80s comedy complete without these timeless gags.

#34 42 days ago
    Quoted from Yoko2una:

I'd rather see Corey Feldman in concert than watch that steaming pile again.

Don’t agree at all but thumbs for the Feldman drop.

#35 42 days ago
    Quoted from cosmokramer:

Preach it brother....
    [quoted image]

I THINK Goonies is akin to people recommending Lawrence Welk.

#36 42 days ago

Don’t get all the goonies hate. Even if you don’t like the movie, the theme lends itself well to pinball. They really need a Sloth holding a boulder ball lock. Throw in a pirate ship, some truffle shuffle, and a blender and you got a winner. I can also see Yoko2una jamming out to Cyndi Lauper at full volume.

#37 42 days ago

Goonies or Top Gun? Mad Max?

Can’t see Goonies either. Slot machine was awful.

#38 42 days ago
    Quoted from titanpenguin:

Don’t get all the goonies hate. Even if you don’t like the movie, the theme lends itself well to pinball. They really need a Sloth holding a boulder ball lock. Throw in a pirate ship, some truffle shuffle, and a blender and you got a winner. I can also see Yoko2una jamming out to Cyndi Lauper at full volume.

I love Goonies, but I think it’ll be challenging to make into a pinball. Who’s going to do custom callouts? The kids are all 50. Maybe a Mama Frattelli sound-alike? The dialog & humor doesn't lend itself to be cut up for clips as they’re either talking over each other or making jokes based on visuals (that’s my moms favorite part/you wouldn’t be here if it wasn’t). I guess you could simmer it down to booby traps, collecting shots that represent the characters, collecting treasure, escaping the Frattellis…I dunno, I think it would be a challenging game to make cool.

#39 42 days ago
    Quoted from Rarehero:

I love Goonies, but I think it’ll be challenging to make into a pinball. Who’s going to do custom callouts? The kids are all 50. Maybe a Mama Frattelli sound-alike? The dialog & humor doesn't lend itself to be cut up for clips as they’re either talking over each other or making jokes based on visuals (that’s my moms favorite part/you wouldn’t be here if it wasn’t). I guess you could simmer it down to booby traps, collecting shots that represent the characters, collecting treasure, escaping the Frattellis…I dunno, I think it would be a challenging game to make cool.

Mama harassing you would be hilarious. Someone get Steve Ritchie. He sounds close enough.

#40 42 days ago

Stranger Things is a Better Goonies.

31CF6FB7-AFA1-45EE-988B-77ADC00A13CB (resized).jpeg31CF6FB7-AFA1-45EE-988B-77ADC00A13CB (resized).jpegF63A8F8E-252B-4D7A-BBBC-187D453E58E2 (resized).jpegF63A8F8E-252B-4D7A-BBBC-187D453E58E2 (resized).jpeg
    #41 42 days ago
    Quoted from Apollo18:

Stranger Things is a Better Goonies. [quoted image][quoted image]

Agreed. Goonies walked, so Stranger Things could run.

#42 42 days ago
    Quoted from JSC:

I don’t understand why pinball companies are so secretive about there upcoming games. I don’t know why they don’t handle the same way as a video game where they announce very early in development. I think a lot of misfires could be prevented if games are exposed to public feedback early on. I get they are worried about canabalizing existing sales, but there are always going to be new games coming out.

Because they are a manufacturing enterprise. They want you to buy what they're currently building. With video games, once it's made it's trivial to sell for years.

And most video companies are highly secretive about their upcoming games too. They might announce titles, which is required as part of their disclosures as publicly traded companies, but they really don't like sharing anything more than that until it's ready to be shown. They also know the hype train drives the bulk of purchases after initial launch. (and most video games are not look fun/good until a few years into the development process anyhow)

There really isn't any upside to telling people what themes they're going to work on. Mostly downside

#43 42 days ago

Boo. Too bad Stern isn't doing this.
    Spooky has too many quality issues, code issues, and too many crappy servos.
    Trough issues by using physical switches and not optos also causes random extra balls sent into play and/or ball ending early.
    Their games have poor manuals, rule sheets, and the software doesn't alert you of potential switch errors and such.
    In general, the software blows for adjusting, diagnosing, etc.

#44 42 days ago

#45 42 days ago
    Quoted from Apollo18:

Stranger Things is a Better Goonies.

At least in Stranger Things they realize Sean Astin is annoying as hell no matter what role he's in and let the monster have at him.

#46 42 days ago
    Quoted from Yoko2una:

At least in Stranger Things they realize Sean Astin is annoying as hell no matter what role he's in and let the monster have at him.

gasp...Bob was great!

#47 42 days ago
    Quoted from TreyBo69:

gasp...Bob was great!

What about Bob?

Have to admit, he was my wife’s favorite character.

#48 42 days ago
    Quoted from titanpenguin:

Mama harassing you would be hilarious. Someone get Steve Ritchie. He sounds close enough.

If anyone is actually doing Goonies & you need a Mama Fratelli, hire Rachel Butera. She’s a great voice actor who can mimic any female actor or character.

Actually ANYONE making pinball who needs good female voiceover, hire Rachel. Foo could have used her for a proper NY girl instead of the Valley Girl voice they used.

#49 42 days ago
    Quoted from Rarehero:

If anyone is actually dong Goonies & you need a Mama Fratelli, hire Rachel Butera. She’s a great voice actor who can mimic any female actor or character.
    Actually ANYONE making pinball who needs good female voiceover, hire Rachel. Foo could have used her for a proper NY girl instead of the Valley Girl voice they used.

Ugh the NY girl voice is so freaking awful. It would have been bad even if it was a California city, but why the hell is that the voice for new york!? Who approved that decision?

#50 42 days ago
    Quoted from Haymaker:

Ugh the NY girl voice is so freaking awful. It would have been bad even if it was a California city, but why the hell is that the voice for new york!? Who approved that decision?

Foo’s single flaw. I mean, I guess a NY radio station could have hired a hippie valley girl…but a real NY accent would have made so much more sense.

There are 122 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.