• 12 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by Acampero
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

#1 5 years ago

Been looking, can't find.

Anyone have this?

I"m a stern newbie. All I have is the manual that was in the cab.

#2 5 years ago

The best one I have found is on pinball arcade

#4 5 years ago
Quoted from Blackbeard:

Been looking, can't find.
Anyone have this?
I"m a stern newbie. All I have is the manual that was in the cab.

Best thing to do is watch Keith's tutorial. The game has a ton going on and a lot of strategy as to when to do certain things to max points.

#5 5 years ago

Shoot the ball...keep it in play!

#6 5 years ago

I hate that there isn't a rulesheet. WTF?!

Just another thing I'm starting to dislike about these weird Sterns pins.

Total William's/Bally guy I guess.

#7 5 years ago

Watch this like a hundred times. That game is soooo deep.

Poor man's Twilight Zone!!!

http://papa.org/2012/01/27/keith-elwin-does-a-tutorial-believe-it-or-not/

#8 5 years ago

Wow, just watched the vid, frog frenzy is amazing!. The man is a god.

#9 5 years ago
Quoted from Blackbeard:

I hate that there isn't a rulesheet. WTF?!
Just another thing I'm starting to dislike about these weird Sterns pins.
Total William's/Bally guy I guess.

What do you mean there isn't a rule sheet...

http://www.pinballnews.com/games/ripleys/index5.html

#10 5 years ago

Not quite a rulesheet

#11 5 years ago

One thing I wanted to check but never did, was if the modes are worth more when started by the vari-target instead of the scoop. Pat Lawlor said in Gameroom Magazine during an interview when the game was coming out that that was going to be the case. He said they made it that way, so beginners could start modes at the scoop and more experienced players at the vari-target and that would reward the more experienced player. Not sure if that was ever implemented though.

#12 5 years ago

To put simply. Collect ALL Ripleys letters by completing each continent mode, this is activated by hitting the VariTarget when it s lit. You MUST listen to the Shrunken Head as this will tell you the main objectives and what to shoot for.
There are lots of other distractions to achieve, but this is the main objective.
Absolute ball tearer of a game and I am STOKED to own one.
I have NEVER achieved Atlantis or Frog Frenzy, one day!

#13 5 years ago

My games arrival is less than a week away. Getting impatient! As far as rules go, play the crap out of it and learn as you go. That is how we did it before the internet!! Enjoy your game either way. It is a gem.

#14 5 years ago

Indeed Gorilla…indeed.

#15 5 years ago

RBION is so good! Of all the games I own, I play RBION the most! The ruleset is awesome, there are multiple strategies and the outlanes are brutal. You must learn ball control on this game or you will get highly frustrated.

#16 5 years ago

Also depends on how you set outlanes. Game is brutal set wide open.

#17 5 years ago

Rlerman is dead on when he initially recommended pinball news.com as I printed off the detailed reviews and explanations of the game. Not that I could manage to complete all of the alternatives, but that information is the best that I could locate.

#18 5 years ago
Quoted from Euchrid:

RBION is so good! Of all the games I own, I play RBION the most! The ruleset is awesome, there are multiple strategies and the outlanes are brutal. You must learn ball control on this game or you will get highly frustrated.

I think the right drain on RBION is the worst drain in all of pinball. Way worse than the right drain on STTNG and I have both games right next to each other to compare.

#19 5 years ago
Quoted from LesManley:

I think the right drain on RBION is the worst drain in all of pinball. Way worse than the right drain on STTNG and I have both games right next to each other to compare.

I agree, but the more I play it the more I learn to stay away from it. Last night I was playing a game and I thought to myself. Wow, I've gotten through 4 balls and no right drain… Then BOOM right drain! I started laughing.

Pin Gods at work.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Boards
PinSound
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball
5,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Highland Park, IL
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside