By Rando

8 years ago

Topic Stats

• 4 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 8 years ago

What is the best game to play, rules be damned!?

Many of us like games that are deep, have progression, and require a deep knowledge of the rules to play well and make things happen.

Many other players just like to keep the ball alive, hit the blinking lights, and are surprised when things happen which they didn’t expect or shoot for.

What are some good games where players can bash away, keep the ball in play, and enjoy the effects, without having to really know WHAT they’re doing?

Current fave in our house is Twister. Wife and kids play, hit the ramp, drop balls underground, frequently creating lightening, wind, multiball, etc, without tremendous effort or knowledge. I play with goals in mind on how to progress, but that doesn’t mean my scores are much better than theirs.

I don’t know if I’m asking for “Easy” games, but games where you get a good return on just keeping the ball live.

Thoughts?

#2 8 years ago

Jokerz doesn't have much in the way of rules, but I find it quite fun just shooting the ball around.

Time Line is nice because it's pretty satisfying even if you don't know what you're doing, and if you manage to not know what you're doing for long enough you can get some pretty good scores, but if you do know what you're doing you'll still have that tiny edge

#3 8 years ago

Games with funny callouts are good: Scared Stiff, TSPP, Medieval Madness.

#4 8 years ago

POTC has "Guidelines"...

Family Guy is crazy fun with modes that you can stack (on purpose or accidentally).

faz

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rules-we-don%e2%80%99t-need-no-stinking-rules%e2%80%a6 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.