(Topic ID: 69968)

RULES TO LIVE BY....when working with EM machines!

By jodini

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

2013-05-14 22.04.30.jpg
    2013-05-14 22.04.52.jpg
    2013-05-14 22.04.43.jpg
    2013-05-14 22.04.16.jpg
    2013-05-14 22.04.05.jpg
    2013-05-14 22.03.57.jpg
    IMG_79080992705085.jpeg
    th.jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jodini.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 10 years ago

I will say that I've very glad I've found this site and the hobby of pinball! I get more joy out of working with EMs because I love to tinker! But during my few months of doing this and fixing about 9 machines from non-working to working I've learned a few things....PLEASE FEEL FREE TO ADD TO THE LIST!

RULE 1: Never spray contact cleaner into a machine that is running!
    RULE 2: Never call PBR unless you have a part number (and if you don't have a part number be ready to hear the wrath of Mr. Young)! You'll be buying a schematic for that machine before you hang up the phone...HA!
    RULE 3: Never clean the tilting mechs on a machine while it's plugged in!
    RULE 4: Never let your wife know how much you spent on a piece of back glass for your Dodge City!
    RULE 5: Never lay a metal surge protector across your coin door and then push the "on button" at the same time your hand is on the other side....(I don't know actually what happen....but it dropped me to my knees! ZAP!)

O.K....you guys take it from here!

#4 10 years ago

YES! Here we go! Love it guys!
    BTW, your devilish icons look very similar!

#18 10 years ago

O.K...no editing other peoples rules! We're just doing this for fun folks!

Keep them coming! I also love the "don't loose track of your adjusting tool"

RULE 16: Never leave your backglass in your machine while you are blowing out a dusty machine with an air compressor or even air duster! Nothing like seeing paint flakes flying out of your backbox and thinking, "Oh crap"!

#23 10 years ago
    Quoted from JoeGrenuk:

"No editing other people's rules!"
    That is a not a very smart rule.
    Obviously, you've never seen a pin where someone sprayed contact cleaner into the game WHEN IT WAS OFF, and then turned it on. Fire.
    Anyway, go here and scroll to 1f and read about and see the effects of contact cleaner on a pin.
    http://www.pinrepair.com/em/index1.htm

DUDE....you are so wrong! I have seen that happen before....it happened to me!

And I use contact cleaner all the time! I put the solution in the container late at night, and then I take my contacts out and then the next morning when I put them back on my eyeballs...it's like magic!

Point being, we're just having fun here admitting our failures! It keeps me from getting old and grumpy!

#24 10 years ago

And all my EM machines are on "HIGH TAP"!

Oh, I did it now!

#34 10 years ago
    Quoted from ccotenj:

rule (whatever number we are up to): next time you are tempted to work on the machine when it is on, remember the last time you zapped yourself...

Good rule! I think we are up to 20!

#50 10 years ago

These are all great guys!

Man...I would of been sick to my stomach to see that ball roll off the playing field and into the backglass! UGH! I feel your pain!

#106 10 years ago

Don't mind at all! This thread was created for humors purpose only!

Rule 37: Don't go to garage sale and fix the EM machine on sight and then ask for less money!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jodini.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rules-to-live-bywhen-working-with-em-machines?tu=jodini and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.