(Topic ID: 69968)

RULES TO LIVE BY....when working with EM machines!

By jodini

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

2013-05-14 22.04.30.jpg
    2013-05-14 22.04.52.jpg
    2013-05-14 22.04.43.jpg
    2013-05-14 22.04.16.jpg
    2013-05-14 22.04.05.jpg
    2013-05-14 22.03.57.jpg
    IMG_79080992705085.jpeg
    th.jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Ralph67.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#62 10 years ago
    Quoted from way2wyrd:

Rule 31. If its painted blue , it probably needs a rebuild

IMG_79080992705085.jpeg 52 KB

It never ceases to amaze me! the things that have been done to pinball machines

#63 10 years ago

#67 10 years ago
    Quoted from ccotenj:

???? they are still switched (on games that have switches, that is)???
    yes, they are mains voltage...

Yes the way they are wired is dangerous, mains goes through the reset coils and fuses, then to the switch under the bottom of cabinet. On at the power point (Wall outlet) but off at game they still have power to the coils, Only the large reset coils. Mains power goes through these coils before the cabinet switch. But if game is turned off at the wall no power then no problem,

#68 10 years ago
    Quoted from Ralph67:

Yes the way they are wired is dangerous, mains goes through the reset coils and fuses, then to the switch under the bottom of cabinet. On at the power point (Wall outlet) but off at game they still have power to the coils, Only the large reset coils. Mains power goes through these coils before the cabinet switch. But if game is turned off at the wall no power then no problem,

Game in question was a "Jungle Queen" the bitch!

#74 10 years ago
    Quoted from ccotenj:

^^^
    again, i've never seen one wired that way before... someone else needs to chime in here...

Yes you must be right, i just looked at the Schematics and it does not go to coils before switch as i thought , mine must of been wired wrong??? I delete other posts sorry

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Ralph67.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rules-to-live-bywhen-working-with-em-machines?tu=Ralph67 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.