(Topic ID: 69968)

RULES TO LIVE BY....when working with EM machines!

By jodini

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

2013-05-14 22.04.30.jpg
    2013-05-14 22.04.52.jpg
    2013-05-14 22.04.43.jpg
    2013-05-14 22.04.16.jpg
    2013-05-14 22.04.05.jpg
    2013-05-14 22.03.57.jpg
    IMG_79080992705085.jpeg
    th.jpeg
    There are 107 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.
    #101 10 years ago

Rule number 35:

Never expect your thread to stay on track for very long!

Rule number 36:

Always remember to pull the plunger out a little bit when lifting the playfield!!

#102 10 years ago
    Quoted from hoov:

There was a Royal Guard stencil kit on ebay........ I think I saw it there

hmmm... i gotta go look... i actually just need to redo the front of mine, someone repainted just the front but didn't do a great job...

#103 10 years ago
    Quoted from Pafasa:

Rule number 35:
    Never expect your thread to stay on track for very long!
    Rule number 36:
    Always remember to pull the plunger out a little bit when lifting the playfield!!

rule 35 is what makes the em section of pinside MUCH more fun than the other sections...

i am NOT touching rule 36...

#104 10 years ago
    Quoted from BrianG:

I'm learning and this post makes me grab another pack of paper to make notes LOL .... There's alot to learn from you guys
    Brian

welcome to "our" corner of pinside...

#105 10 years ago

Ummm yeah! On rule 36, I wasn't going for that at all! I guess turnaround is FairPlay!

Tired of ripping the tip off!

There, have fun with that.

#106 10 years ago

Don't mind at all! This thread was created for humors purpose only!

Rule 37: Don't go to garage sale and fix the EM machine on sight and then ask for less money!

#107 10 years ago

Run a ground wire from the plug to the transformer chassis, switch housing (if you have one), the coin door, lock down bar and shooter rod. Cut from a piece of old Tupperware or similar pliable insulating plastic, a piece the same shape, but a little wider, than the fish paper on the replay switch and add in to the stack next to the fish paper. That way you have a second and better layer of insulation between the metal replay button and that line voltage switch. It may not be that important with US 110 volts, I don't know how lethal that is, but here in the UK it is 240 volts, no joke if you get bit.

There are 107 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rules-to-live-bywhen-working-with-em-machines/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.