You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Bronco Target Bank Reset (resized).jpg
BB982525-B8CB-42FA-BA8C-0F9D4A92A768 (resized).jpeg
4B3592FA-2AB1-4F3E-AD49-D42484F371D5 (resized).jpeg
#1 4 years ago

I just got my Bronco working 100%. It was a serious undertaking, but now that I’ve spent some time playing, it’s clear that the rules need to be changed.

-the drops and lit spots need to reset when you shoot the kick outs.

I know it’s possible, as Clay mentions here http://www.pinrepair.com/gtb/bronco.htm

Can anyone help me wrap my head around how this would be done without also resetting the “a,b,c” sequence?

It seems a switch on score motor 2c resets both the target bank and sequence bank, through a switch on the (P)player unit for the drops and a switch on the (s)start relay for the a,b,c sequence ??

I've attached the segments of the schematic that I think are involved.

I’ve never “added” anything to a game, just lots of fixing and trouble shooting(frequently things I’ve broken while trying to fix something else). So this should be interesting.

Thanks!

4B3592FA-2AB1-4F3E-AD49-D42484F371D5 (resized).jpeg4B3592FA-2AB1-4F3E-AD49-D42484F371D5 (resized).jpegBB982525-B8CB-42FA-BA8C-0F9D4A92A768 (resized).jpegBB982525-B8CB-42FA-BA8C-0F9D4A92A768 (resized).jpeg
#2 4 years ago

There may be an easier way to do this, but the least invasive way I can think of:
get another relay, and wire it to trigger the bank reset. Then swap the P/S relay to trigger that relay instead, and also wire the kickout circuit to trigger the new relay?

#3 4 years ago

I'll post this as a design exercise for educational purposes only rather than as a recommendation. The Target Bank Reset circuit runs at 120V AC so that's not something to mess with unless you really know what you're doing. Use this idea at your own risk.

Since the Target and Sequence Bank Resets are wired in parallel, you need to introduce a way to isolate them from one another to get them to act independently. You also need to preserve their existing behavior during during reset. Given those constraints here is one way that should work:
Bronco Target Bank Reset (resized).jpgBronco Target Bank Reset (resized).jpg
The F and G relays fire when the ball drops into the eject holes and start the Score Motor among other things. Both relays have 5 normally open switches already. In this design two more switches would need to be added to the F and G relays.

The upper red path shows that when either the F or G relay fires a new path would send power to the Target Bank Reset solenoid from the Score Motor 2C switch through one of two new normally open switches. The lower red path shows that when the F or G relay fires the path to the Sequence Bank Reset solenoid is blocked through two new normally closed switches. All four switches would need to have large, high current contacts.

The existing wire into the Sequence Bank's 1/2 amp Slow Blow fuse would need to be cut and the two new NC switches added in the gap.

Note also that this schematic was generated from the export version of the schematic, not the domestic version originally posted so the transformer configuration is slightly different. The circuit changes however should be the same.

/Mark

#4 4 years ago

Awesome. Thanks guys. I’ll report back once I muster the confidence/ parts to go for it.

Mark, I really appreciate your ability to distill these things down and explain them so clearly. I owe you one. Shooting you a Dm.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Decals
The Pinball Scientist

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rules-mod-reset-drops-gtb-bronco and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.