(Topic ID: 326615)

Rule Request: No selling pins that are not yours without permission.

By SantaEatsCheese

1 year ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Selling games you don't own?”

• Should not be allowed. 24 votes
      63%
    • Any pin sale is a good pin sale... let them do it. 14 votes
      37%

(38 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

ba8 (resized).jpg
    pinside-gang (resized).png
    shrug-what.gif
    Screenshot (resized).png
    rodney.gif
    rules (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider coindork.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#22 1 year ago

We have had some people doing something similar in our industry. I set up at various coin and collectibles conventions throughout the year. Basically what certain people would do is ask to see an item in your showcase, get a price from you and then take a couple pictures of it. After they leave your booth, they would list the item on eBay for more than your asking price. If the item sold, then they would come back to your booth and try to purchase the item (sometimes even try to beat you down on the price).

Long story short, I no longer let people take pictures of anything unless it’s somebody I know.
    Not sure what you can do to stop people from using your photos on a CL advertisement though?

Also, if I figure out that somebody has done this I won’t sell them the item. Let them sort it out with eBay and their buyer (not my problem).

If you’re going to be selling something that belongs to someone else, then it needs to be on an agreed upon consignment basis, not shady stuff like this.

#25 1 year ago
    Quoted from LORDDREK:

If ones moral standards are not blocking the way then what’s the issue? Rather creative actually. It’s like some form of involuntary consignment…

What happens when a Pinside member sends the seller funds for a machine he does not possess or own and then goes back to find the real owner has already sold it, doesn’t want to sell it anymore or refuses to sell it?

The problem is the person making these sort of advertisements has no real authority or control of the actual machine.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider coindork.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rule-request-no-selling-pins-that-are-not-yours-without-permission?tu=coindork and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.