Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 16 posts
  • 11 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by cjmezz
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

EE4D632C-65FE-4B68-AEB4-CE22EBDB77D5 (resized).jpeg
    B30393DA-8E1F-4E3F-BCB8-5F2DB60A3CD5 (resized).jpeg
    B9DC533C-C954-4720-9084-12C369811556 (resized).jpeg
    2021-09-28 08.00.36 (resized).jpg
    600C6631-8A61-4106-90F7-BD20DDE503DA (resized).png
    IMG_4656 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Bundy.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2 2 years ago

I keep it simple.
    4 IKEA rugs next to each other. Kills unwanted noise from bumpers/flippers and is soft to stand on.

IMG_4656 (resized).JPGIMG_4656 (resized).JPG
    #6 2 years ago
    Quoted from KozMckPinball:

Only issue with rugs is generating static electricity. Believe it or not, one of my pins went absolutely haywire, buzzing, high volume, LCD messed up, when a player kicked a foot across the rug on ball flips. Happened a couple of times until I figured out that that was what was causing it. I wonder if player mats stop this, but it was pretty crazy to see, and something to be wary of. I had to re-load the game code, as the game was not saving the last scores for the next startup.

Hence the rubber feet
    I guess it could be transmitted via the hands also but I have had my games on rugs for the better part of 15 years and never had it happened. But I guess it is a possibility given the right circumstances.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Bundy.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rugs-in-a-pinball-room-?tu=Bundy and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.