BEN.gif
Saw (resized).JPG
pasted_image (resized).png
download (resized).jpg
DSC_7150 (resized).jpg
Screen Shot 2021-02-03 at 8.58.49 AM (resized).png
4B4A90CE-0442-43AC-B92B-4F4DC5594739 (resized).jpeg
1BD6A0EF-9EDA-4331-83E6-F41F97BF40DA (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider markharris2000.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

#3 3 years ago

I see a brand "NIB"-quality Funhouse listed in the Market right now!!! Maybe get insurance to buy the $14K Funhouse to replace it!

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/104528

#19 3 years ago

What does the underside of the playfield look like? I can't even imagine the machinery under there being operational. Even after the cabinet is sorted out, there will be lots of work under there to be sure.

#25 3 years ago

Buy the cabinet mentioned above, and throw some Rad-Cals on it. The 'easy' part will be out of the way, then on to the playfield/electronics!

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1042-mircoplayfields/02028-funhouse-rad-cals-cabinet-art

#45 3 years ago
Quoted from dsuperbee:

Considering that the total plays can be erased that number means squat. It is a nice looking FH, but without some documentation that HUO claim is highly unlikely.

That is a nice looking FH. $14K nice? Hummm. From the pictures, I suspect it is really 'like new', but there's really no way of knowing exactly how like new until you are standing right next to it, looking at the playfield top and bottom, etc. But if it really IS like new, it would be a find!

#52 3 years ago

Post a picture or two of the bottom of the playfield. Depending on the state of the machinery underneath, this might become a project of much larger and expensive proportions! (That said, it *might* be a forced learning experience, building a new cabinet, apply fresh graphics, and then transfer all of the old parts to the new cabinet.).

I don't know if many of us would take on this big of a pin restore job by choice, but since it landed in your lap, maybe it would be 80-hours of 'fun'...

#85 3 years ago

It's the underside of the playfield that really matters at this point. The cabinetry looks straight-forward repairable/replaceable. The machinery UNDER the playfield is where damage will make or break the restoration/repair. There is so much stuff that can be bent or damaged under. All of the mechanisms, Rudy's jaw, the trap door, the flipper/slingshots, scoop, etc All of that can be bent or damaged easily on a good day. Dropping it off a truck makes me cringe to think about those delicate mechanisms...

#106 3 years ago
Quoted from Pbpins:

Send it to HEP!!!

I already gave Chris @ HEP a heads-up! If nothing else, it would make Chris shake his head... and smile.

#188 3 years ago
Quoted from rugged96:

Thanks. we've hit a brick wall at every turn.
homeowners insurance says no way it's covered unless it was a reported accident
the driver of the truck says no liability because he was 'on the clock'
the moving company says no liability because it was in a personal vehicle; now they won't call us back. our contract says 2 men and 1 truck *(not the company name).
police say nothing was reported
i have called a lawyer

Collectively, we are all still horrified that Rudy ended up in this situation. It would be good to see if/when you get the current bucket of bolts on the path to being repaired.

#207 3 years ago

Once As a reminder of the ultimate goal of having your dad's Rudy playable, perhaps a good time to get one of the player's condition units currently for sale in the Market. Here one: https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/96280

Might be worth grabbing that to help get to a working unit

Quoted from Jamesays:

I just found a decent looking playfield in the sf bayarea craigslist for 750 you may want to see

sfbay.craigslist.org link and it says it is a new Mirco PF. That said, I don't think the PF wood is going to be the broken part. It's the machinery under/over the wood that might be damaged. As well as some of the wiring harnesses, displays, etc

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

$ 45.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

Machine - For Sale
Norwalk, OH
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 22.50
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 199.95
Electronics
PinSound

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

5,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Haledon, NJ
$ 59.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.95
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Bethel Park, PA
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 170.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 26.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

5,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
San Martin, CA
$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider markharris2000.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rudy-s-funhouse-destroyed-by-movers?tu=markharris2000 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.