BEN.gif
Saw (resized).JPG
pasted_image (resized).png
download (resized).jpg
DSC_7150 (resized).jpg
Screen Shot 2021-02-03 at 8.58.49 AM (resized).png
4B4A90CE-0442-43AC-B92B-4F4DC5594739 (resized).jpeg
1BD6A0EF-9EDA-4331-83E6-F41F97BF40DA (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider cottonm4.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

#115 3 years ago

Find a musician to work up a jingle for you.

It worked for this musician when United Airlines broke his guitar and was trying to flip him off. He youtubed ( youtube is now a verb) the hell out of them and got satisfaction.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_Breaks_Guitars

" Carroll says that his fruitless negotiations with the airline lasted about nine months.[4] Then, asking himself, "if Michael Moore was a singer-songwriter, what would he do?", Carroll wrote a song and created a music video about his experience..."

" The YouTube video was posted on July 6, 2009. It amassed 150,000 views within one day, prompting United to contact Carroll saying it hoped to right the wrong..."

Hammer them on the Nashville Craigslist with some pictures of that broken cab. Put them under the Klieg lights and light those bastards up.

My girlfriend's daughter works for for a local TV station. She makes the decisions on what the news people present on TV. She would be all over this. Call your local TV stations and see if you can get some visibility. Around here the local TV stations do shows to help the little guy.

#121 3 years ago
Quoted from rugged96:

That's confusing us too. I found 1 shard of glass. I think it flipped out on it's top and the glass is on the side of the road somewhere. Yet the scoreboard glass is intact. It also took them 90 minutes to travel 5 miles so maybe they tried really hard to clean up.

They probably called the boss and hightailed back to the shop to "fix" things.

#127 3 years ago
Quoted from High_End_Pins:

The shoe placement is interesting.

Good eye.

#130 3 years ago

On the left is what they left the driveway with. On the right, what they arrived with.

Caveat? How does anyone know what is under the blanket? Hopefully, the paperwork states what is there.

Screen Shot 2021-02-02 at 8.32.00 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2021-02-02 at 8.32.00 PM (resized).png

#177 3 years ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

I've been planning a future long-distance move and have pretty much decided I'm renting a large box truck to move all my games, TVs, floor-standing speakers (old JBL L100T3s) and any other really valuable/fragile things myself. It will suck driving some rental P.O.S. truck that far but it will be worth it!

If you can, try to find out if the rental companies truck have governors installed ( They probably do ). Find out what speed they are governed at. Posted speed limits are 75 mph on a lot of highways.

It stinks when the rental you got is governed to about 70 mph. It really stinks when the Penske POS you got gets passed by an Enterprise truck that is also pulling a car.

It stinks to get stuck in playing uphill-downhill races with the 18 wheelers that are governed at 70 mph, as well.

Forget about me now, but you will remember me if you get the wrong truck and watch everybody pass you by.

Other than the governing, the Penske truck(s) have driven nice.

#186 3 years ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

I've been planning a future long-distance move and have pretty much decided I'm renting a large box truck to move all my games, TVs, floor-standing speakers (old JBL L100T3s) and any other really valuable/fragile things myself. It will suck driving some rental P.O.S. truck that far but it will be worth it!

One other thought for you. If you rent the box truck and move yourself, those trucks use a lot of fuel.

If you have enough that you are moving that you will fill an Atlas Van Lines or Mayflower truck, then hire the truck for your move only. Some times on smaller loads the movers might stop at another location and pick up for other house of furniture and pack it in. you want point A to point B with no C or D tossed in along the way.

Hire the truck for your move only and follow them down the highway all the way to point B. If they know you are watching them like a hawk they might treat your items a little nicer.

#189 3 years ago
Quoted from rugged96:

now they won't call us back.

Don't forget the youtube option if the lawyer cannot help you. I don't know about anybody else, but I would use your pics and put up a CL ad and say "Look what this company did to my friend's pinball machine." Start clogging the Nashville CL ads with that and you might get some action.

I wonder if this moving outfit even has liability insurance.

#199 3 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

Don't forget the youtube option if the lawyer cannot help you. I don't know about anybody else, but I would use your pics and put up a CL ad and say "Look what this company did to my friend's pinball machine." Start clogging the Nashville CL ads with that and you might get some action.
I wonder if this moving outfit even has liability insurance.

I'm going to add this. It is not related but the principle is the same. I don't remember where I read it and it could be just a story, but here goes.

A "massage parlor" opened up and got a phone number that was one digit off from someone's mother's phone number and this mother kept getting calls at all hours for the massage parlor. She made repeated requests to the parlor to get a new number and kept getting the middle finger salute. Then she got an idea.

When someone called looking for the massage parlor, she said, "Oh, they went out of business last week." The massage parlor got a new phone number.

Sometimes you have to fight fire with fire.

#245 3 years ago
Quoted from Soulrider911:

I can't help but notice when the game left (and was covered the backbox was backed up to the cab of the truck... when it arrived it was 180º rotated??? Something fishy there

I don't see anything fishy. It fell off the truck. And the mover bozos said "Oh Shit! Oh Shit! and in a panic just threw it back on the truck. They were probably so scared they were not paying attention to how they loaded it back up.

Nothing fishy. Just two idiots with a truck.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Boards
Slap Save Creations

$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 29.95
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

$ 59.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Bethel Park, PA
$ 45.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

$ 109.95
Electronics
PinSound

$ 22.50
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 26.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

13,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Phoenix, AZ
$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 170.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

8,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Reno, NV
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

5,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Haledon, NJ
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider cottonm4.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rudy-s-funhouse-destroyed-by-movers?tu=cottonm4 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.