BEN.gif
Saw (resized).JPG
pasted_image (resized).png
download (resized).jpg
DSC_7150 (resized).jpg
Screen Shot 2021-02-03 at 8.58.49 AM (resized).png
4B4A90CE-0442-43AC-B92B-4F4DC5594739 (resized).jpeg
1BD6A0EF-9EDA-4331-83E6-F41F97BF40DA (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider JayDee.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

#37 3 years ago
Quoted from rugged96:

I won't get into the maddening story the moving company is claiming.

I can’t believe that they’re trying to give you story of what happened They loaded up a pinball machine and delivered a pile of lumber. Who gives a shit what happened from point A to point B. Whatever happened was on their watch so they can save the excuses.

#40 3 years ago

Is this the same moving company?

AD1E4962-CB7E-4951-A7F9-AE7DF08DF55E.gifAD1E4962-CB7E-4951-A7F9-AE7DF08DF55E.gif
#57 3 years ago
Quoted from rugged96:

I'll see what I can do... I'm afraid to touch it right now.

Take lots and lots of pictures and probably a video of you moving stuff to inspect better. Get as much evidence as possible so there’s no way they can blame you for making something worse. I would definitely look at everything more thoroughly so that you know EXACTLY what is all broken or damaged.

#63 3 years ago
Quoted from Elvishasleft:

Waste of money... whats a lawyer going to do?
You have to read whatever paperwork you signed and I doubt there is anything there the lawyer can work with.

Maybe not. Is there a signed contract? Does contract state what they will provide, ie vehicles and protection\strapping. If so, then they broke contract by not sending a company vehicle.
One could probably argue that they did this on purpose to avoid any liability for damages.

#78 3 years ago

I would probably bring the guy with the truck into the mix/lawsuit also. It would probably answer more questions.

Did the company send him out knowing he might be using his personal truck for the job? Did the guy get specific approval to use his truck for the pinball machine from his company? Then it’s the company that’s liable.

Did the guy go against company policy and use the truck for the job? Then it’s the worker that’s liable.

#82 3 years ago
Quoted from rugged96:

I'm not sure but we called his personal auto insurance company and our homeowners insurance company. Apparently he claimed another driver cut him off, causing him to jump a curb. No police report was filed and no damage was reported to his vehicle.

That’s a hell of a story. No traffic cameras?

#91 3 years ago
Quoted from alexmogil:

See if you can't find said glass on the side of the road (since it isn't a huge distance) and take some pictures. Tempered glass is messy.

And see if there’s a camera. Whether it’s a business, or home doorbell, or traffic camera

#192 3 years ago
Quoted from rugged96:

the driver of the truck says no liability because he was 'on the clock'
the moving company says no liability because it was in a personal vehicle

This is the point I was making earlier. These statements contradict each other so now you have to look at the fine print of the contract. Who broke the contract, the driver, the company, or both? A good lawyer should be able to use this as a gift I would think.

Put both the worker and company on the lawsuit, and watch them start eating each other to get out of liability. Chances are it will also cause one of them to say something incriminating. It looks like they are already borderline admitting liability.

#200 3 years ago
Quoted from woody76:

Just from my experience as a business owner. If I send a employee out for a delivery or pickup in their personal vehicle I am 100% responsible for theme and their vehicle while on company time. This company needs to pay.
here they are folks: https://nashvillemoving.org/about/

Same here. I’m a general contractor but don’t have company vehicles. My guys use their own trucks and I’m responsible for them when they are on company time.

#217 3 years ago

It says right there that they provide a moving truck under the hourly rate. To me it sounds like they have no standing that they’re not liable for the personal truck. It’s what they sent to you. How would someone know they’re only protected if a “marked moving van” shows up. It also says they provided 1 truck on the contract. They are fucking liable for that vehicle!

D0DCB71B-5D6A-41D7-9DAB-F566D7641E88 (resized).jpegD0DCB71B-5D6A-41D7-9DAB-F566D7641E88 (resized).jpeg
#226 3 years ago
Quoted from gdonovan:

Like I said, moving company pocketed most of the cash and flipped a few bucks to another guy for off book action.
Seen it all the time with roofers, painters, etc.

That still makes moving company liable. They hired a subcontractor. It’s up to moving company to collect damages from the sub.

I’m a building contractor. Client hires me. I hire subs to fulfill work. If sub damages something the client comes after me for being responsible for the sub. I pay client damages and then go after sub to get reimbursed for their shoddy work.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
5,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Haledon, NJ
$ 170.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

5,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
San Martin, CA
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 45.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 22.50
$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

$ 26.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 30.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

13,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Phoenix, AZ
$ 29.95
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 59.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Bethel Park, PA
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider JayDee.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rudy-s-funhouse-destroyed-by-movers?tu=JayDee and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.