Saw (resized).JPG
pasted_image (resized).png
download (resized).jpg
DSC_7150 (resized).jpg
Screen Shot 2021-02-03 at 8.58.49 AM (resized).png
4B4A90CE-0442-43AC-B92B-4F4DC5594739 (resized).jpeg
1BD6A0EF-9EDA-4331-83E6-F41F97BF40DA (resized).png

This topic is closed.

There are 248 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 5.
#1 3 years ago

Hi All, brand new member and let me first say thank goodness there's a forum here. I was responsible for transporting my dads 'pride & joy', his 30 year old Funhouse game...just 5 miles away. Somehow the idiots I hired to move it managed to destroy the entire thing. We are trying to work with insurance but don't have a lot of hope.

Anyway, we're both pretty handy and we think it's definitely able to be rebuilt. the playing surface looks intact and despite some broken circuitry most everything seems okay...except the main cabinet. I think our best bet is to build a new cabinet and then start trouble shooting the electronics.

1. does anyone have any general tips?
2. does anyone have the specs to the cabinet?

thanks in advance!

IMG_20210202_115037 (resized).jpgIMG_20210202_115037 (resized).jpg
#3 3 years ago

I see a brand "NIB"-quality Funhouse listed in the Market right now!!! Maybe get insurance to buy the $14K Funhouse to replace it!

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/104528

#4 3 years ago

Those fucking idiots clearly dropped it off a truck.

Good luck!

#5 3 years ago

That's a pretty crappy first post on Pinside, but welcome all the same.

They must have dropped it off the truck or something, did they transport with the head up like that? At least it looks like they cleaned up all the broken glass.

There have been cabinets way worse than that fixed on Pinside, so don't get too discouraged.

#6 3 years ago

Wow! I feel bad and I don't even own a pinball machine yet!!!!

#7 3 years ago

talk to woody, he can probably help you with what you need, he's a member on here and in nashville

#8 3 years ago

That is entirely beyond belief: OMG, I would have to be held back from committing assault-and-battery if a moving company did that to a treasured pinball! What did they do, drop it off the truck onto the road?

Haven't seen such a travesty since the time I ordered a special-edition comes-in-a-wooden-case 24 of beer, and it was delivered by courier. As it was daytime delivery, I had it delivered to my work. Was looking out the window, and saw a courier pull up, and the guy just literally heaved a box from the back of the truck to the ground. Oh oh.. Sure enough, I get a call from Receiving that a package has arrived for me, and as I'm walking down the hall, I see a trail of beer leading to the counter. Yup, that was my box of beer alright -- guy managed to break all 24 bottles!

Good luck with the repair. I'm sure the cabinet could be glued and poly-filled back into shape (unless complete water-damaged, those cabinets are pretty solid). With luck, the electronics are OK. I'd be more worried about the playfield mechs which could be bent or shorted out.

#9 3 years ago

To the people who killed this funhouse.

Screenshot_20210202-131413_Google (resized).jpgScreenshot_20210202-131413_Google (resized).jpg
#10 3 years ago

rugged96 My god, just amazes me at the lack of care people take for others belonging. This is very sad to see. I would recommend Paul at VirtualPin. I have had 2 cabinets made by him and he does an amazing job. You can also order a flat pack and paint / construct yourself. https://virtuapin.net/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=2

What a bunch of total jerks

giphy-1.gifgiphy-1.gif
#11 3 years ago

The fight with insurance could take years. Do you know what the terms were? I've heard stories of moving insurance that essentially just got you the cost of the move back and what not. Sorry to see this. Did they drop it off the truck or down stairs?

#12 3 years ago

Personally, I'd try gluing everything back together. From the photos, it looks like the break points all happened on the joints. Make sure you get plenty of clamps and straps.

#13 3 years ago

Yeah, I'm sure the moving company is using the "it was like that before we moved it" excuse...

#14 3 years ago
Quoted from Soulrider911:

rugged96 My god, just amazes me at the lack of care people take for others belonging. This is very sad to see. I would recommend Paul at VirtualPin. I have had 2 cabinets made by him and he does an amazing job. You can also order a flat pack and paint / construct yourself. https://virtuapin.net/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=2
What a bunch of total jerks[quoted image]

This is probably the best route since it's his dads pride and joy. Minimal work for the owners assuming it's mostly cab damage. Could end up being nicer than before the drop.

#15 3 years ago

That's hard to look at. If it was me I would just build a new cabinet. I think the artwork is still available for this machine (side art, backbox, translite).

Welcome to Pinside.

#16 3 years ago

I'm guessing they moved it with the head up and legs on? And it tipped over in the truck? Because it looks like the front legs ripped right out.
Yikes!

#17 3 years ago

Like ForceFlow said, if you're handy you may be able to salvage the cabinet. Otherwise replacements are available:

https://virtuapin.net/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=19&products_id=136&zenid=et4g7lgpm5pp74k03mb6s7npr1

#18 3 years ago
Quoted from erak:

I'm guessing they moved it with the head up and legs on? And it tipped over in the truck? Because it looks like the front legs ripped right out.
Yikes!

security camera captured what really happened...

#19 3 years ago

What does the underside of the playfield look like? I can't even imagine the machinery under there being operational. Even after the cabinet is sorted out, there will be lots of work under there to be sure.

#20 3 years ago
Quoted from RTS:

security camera captured what really happened...

Holy shit

#21 3 years ago
Quoted from Markharris2000:

What does the underside of the playfield look like? I can't even imagine the machinery under there being operational. Even after the cabinet is sorted out, there will be lots of work under there to be sure.

Yeah without CU pics it's impossible to tell what mechs are toasted and insert pushed thru etc etc

#22 3 years ago

#23 3 years ago

Rudy finally got out.

#24 3 years ago

I think im going to vomit....so sad

#25 3 years ago

Buy the cabinet mentioned above, and throw some Rad-Cals on it. The 'easy' part will be out of the way, then on to the playfield/electronics!

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1042-mircoplayfields/02028-funhouse-rad-cals-cabinet-art

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#28 3 years ago

I'm learning this forum and it's etiquette but thank you very much for the responses thus far. I've reached out to Music City pinball but just waiting for a phone call back.

#29 3 years ago

They need to make you whole with no effort on your part. So sorry..

#30 3 years ago

What a bunch of total jerks[quoted image]

wow, that's fantastic. way better than me bribing my neighbors son with his CNC

#31 3 years ago

This just in from the moving company: "It's probably just a fuse."

#32 3 years ago

this picture was taken by my wife. after reviewing this plus my security camera footage it definitely appears that they didn't strap it down. It showed up at my dads reversed in the bed of the truck. I can only imagine how that happened. I won't get into the maddening story the moving company is claiming.

Quoted from rugged96:

Hi All, brand new member and let me first say thank goodness there's a forum here. I was responsible for transporting my dads 'pride & joy', his 30 year old Funhouse game...just 5 miles away. Somehow the idiots I hired to move it managed to destroy the entire thing. We are trying to work with insurance but don't have a lot of hope.
Anyway, we're both pretty handy and we think it's definitely able to be rebuilt. the playing surface looks intact and despite some broken circuitry most everything seems okay...except the main cabinet. I think our best bet is to build a new cabinet and then start trouble shooting the electronics.
1. does anyone have any general tips?
2. does anyone have the specs to the cabinet?
thanks in advance!
[quoted image]

PXL_20210130_194857728 (1) (resized).jpgPXL_20210130_194857728 (1) (resized).jpg
#33 3 years ago
Quoted from ccbiggsoo7:

talk to woody, he can probably help you with what you need, he's a member on here and in nashville

could you tag Woody so maybe he could PM me?

#34 3 years ago

Looks like they sped around a corner and it flipped out of the truck.

If the head had been folded down probably wouldn’t have happened but that’s here nor there.

#35 3 years ago
Quoted from rugged96:

I won't get into the maddening story the moving company is claiming.

With all due respect to your blood pressure, I'm sure we'd all love to hear what BS they came up with. I can only imagine. No hurry, whenever you're ready!

#36 3 years ago

Unbelievable. That really sucks. I know there are people that make cabinets but with shipping that might get expensive. Maybe you could get the shippers to pay for it. Has to be some liability.

#37 3 years ago
Quoted from rugged96:

I won't get into the maddening story the moving company is claiming.

I can’t believe that they’re trying to give you story of what happened They loaded up a pinball machine and delivered a pile of lumber. Who gives a shit what happened from point A to point B. Whatever happened was on their watch so they can save the excuses.

#38 3 years ago

this would be an option if I had bought Gamestop 3 weeks ago....

Quoted from Markharris2000:

I see a brand "NIB"-quality Funhouse listed in the Market right now!!! Maybe get insurance to buy the $14K Funhouse to replace it!

#39 3 years ago
Quoted from rugged96:

this picture was taken by my wife. after reviewing this plus my security camera footage it definitely appears that they didn't strap it down. It showed up at my dads reversed in the bed of the truck. I can only imagine how that happened. I won't get into the maddening story the moving company is claiming.
[quoted image]

What the hell. Literally just laid some blankets on it with the head up and no straps?

How are these shit-kickers even in business?

#40 3 years ago

Is this the same moving company?

AD1E4962-CB7E-4951-A7F9-AE7DF08DF55E.gifAD1E4962-CB7E-4951-A7F9-AE7DF08DF55E.gif
#41 3 years ago

"Hey driver, you SUCK!" I think Rudy just insulted the drivers to the point where they took it out on him..... The onslaught of Rudy's comments continued...

"I'm not happy with you now."
"You're making me very unhappy."
"I thought we were pals."

"That was no accident!"

Rudy (resized).jpgRudy (resized).jpg
#42 3 years ago

I just noticed that FH for sale... is this guy for real LOL

Considering that the total plays can be erased that number means squat. It is a nice looking FH, but without some documentation that HUO claim is highly unlikely.

#43 3 years ago

well heres the thing...

movers like this just make you sign some piece of paper that if you dont read basically makes them liable for next to nothing.

while they obviously fucked up and or were negligent odds are you dont have recourse.

I had a bunch of stuff damaged moving from NY to California and wasnt much I could do in the end.

#44 3 years ago
Quoted from rugged96:

Somehow the idiots I hired to move it managed to destroy the entire thing. We are trying to work with insurance but don't have a lot of hope.

Were they just friends of yours, or an actual, insured moving company?

#45 3 years ago
Quoted from dsuperbee:

Considering that the total plays can be erased that number means squat. It is a nice looking FH, but without some documentation that HUO claim is highly unlikely.

That is a nice looking FH. $14K nice? Hummm. From the pictures, I suspect it is really 'like new', but there's really no way of knowing exactly how like new until you are standing right next to it, looking at the playfield top and bottom, etc. But if it really IS like new, it would be a find!

#46 3 years ago
Quoted from rugged96:

[quoted image]

The term for this would be an "unsecured load". Photos and video are hard to refute in this case.

Was this an actual moving company, or just a guy with a truck?

#47 3 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

define insured? .. that doesnt matter.

In this case unless you paid or opted for additional insurance or protection you are agreeing to whatever minimums they have in place.

Works like trucking etc. which is by the pound so probably 5 cents a pound for damage.

Fun fact... if an airline loses your luggage and all your clothes thats how they pay you also.

#48 3 years ago

Legit moving company. The contract estimate was only for hourly labor even though I explicitly indicated that I needed this moved across town. I primarily hired them to move furniture out of my house and into the garage as part of a floor refinishing project. Due to a scheduling conflict they sent me a crew without a company truck. The guys told me that they could move it on the pickup and I agreed. The moving company tells me that because it wasn't in their truck its not their liability. Of course, no one told me that beforehand.

Quoted from vid1900:

#49 3 years ago
Quoted from rugged96:

The moving company tells me that because it wasn't in their truck its not their liability. Of course, no one told me that beforehand.

Sounds like they're going to try everything they can to wiggle out of this. I would suggest stop talking to them directly. Your home insurance might be able to help with finding out who their insurance carrier is, and then you might be able to file a claim directly with their insurance company. After that, it's probably time to go through a lawyer at that point.

#50 3 years ago

Sucks man, hate to see some bullshit like that ruin a classic game, they clearly had no idea what they were doing. Here's hoping you can find a monetary resolution and get the game back to working order.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
Interactive
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Eproms
There are 248 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 5.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rudy-s-funhouse-destroyed-by-movers?hl=ericc123 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.