Saw (resized).JPG
pasted_image (resized).png
download (resized).jpg
DSC_7150 (resized).jpg
Screen Shot 2021-02-03 at 8.58.49 AM (resized).png
4B4A90CE-0442-43AC-B92B-4F4DC5594739 (resized).jpeg
1BD6A0EF-9EDA-4331-83E6-F41F97BF40DA (resized).png

This topic is closed.

There are 248 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 5.
#201 3 years ago
Quoted from mbeardsley:

I would think a key piece of info is "who decided to use the guy's personal truck?"
If the company said "We're currently out of trucks...just use your own." then I would think the company is liable. If the driver said "I hate those trucks, I'll just use my own." then I would think the driver is liable.

BEN.gifBEN.gif
#202 3 years ago

I just found a decent looking playfield in the sf bayarea craigslist for 750 you may want to see

#203 3 years ago

Edited after reading comprehension kicked in...

#204 3 years ago
Quoted from cosmokramer:

How do you know that? The OP stated his dad had it for 30 years...possible HUO or at the very least a lightly routed game. I think the value could be much higher...

What do you think it's worth now? I bet someone would pay $2500 for it as is.

The Truck Use Only Phantom went for $1000.

#205 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

What do you think it's worth now? I bet someone would pay $2500 for it as is.
The Truck Use Only Phantom went for $1000.

Edited my post, i misread OP saying it was a 30 year old game...not that his dad had it 30 years

#206 3 years ago
Quoted from cosmokramer:

Edited my post, i misread OP saying it was a 30 year old game...not that his dad had it 30 years

I missed the edited post but we have the bill of sale.he is not the original owner and I was mistaken. He's had it for 21 years.

#207 3 years ago

Once As a reminder of the ultimate goal of having your dad's Rudy playable, perhaps a good time to get one of the player's condition units currently for sale in the Market. Here one: https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/96280

Might be worth grabbing that to help get to a working unit

Quoted from Jamesays:

I just found a decent looking playfield in the sf bayarea craigslist for 750 you may want to see

sfbay.craigslist.org link and it says it is a new Mirco PF. That said, I don't think the PF wood is going to be the broken part. It's the machinery under/over the wood that might be damaged. As well as some of the wiring harnesses, displays, etc

#208 3 years ago

As someone who has filed many freight claims (guessing pretty similar to your moving damage claim) >>>the carriers hope you just give up. <<<
We've filed claims for as little as $340 up to and above $25,000. As you already know, pictures are worth thousands of words (and dollars in this case)
It sometimes takes us up to 6 months to get our money back, but we ALWAYS do, because we persist. As VID stated, let's see the contract, Pinside has some pretty smart folks who are more than willing to help.

Best of luck!

#209 3 years ago

I can't help but notice when the game left (and was covered the backbox was backed up to the cab of the truck... when it arrived it was 180º rotated??? Something fishy there

#210 3 years ago

contract language likely doesn't help me. nothing is listed in details and I didn't get any of this in advance; only after we paid. Prior to the move all i received was an estimate of the hourly rate. I verbally told them about the move of the pinball. The movers had us sign (on their phone) when they left our house and not when they arrived at the destination so that's just another way they can get out of it. i've blurred names/addresses.

agree (resized).pngagree (resized).pngt&c (resized).pngt&c (resized).png

#211 3 years ago

Ugh... That 60 cents per pound stuff. 300 lbs more or less Rudy... $180?

I'd think that's the minimum you could expect (as pathetic as it is), but Pinsiders may have great approaches to suggest. Maybe some sort of neglagence? Not following standard industry practices?

Wishing you the best luck ...

#212 3 years ago
Quoted from rugged96:

contract language likely doesn't help me. nothing is listed in details and I didn't get any of this in advance; only after we paid. Prior to the move all i received was an estimate of the hourly rate. I verbally told them about the move of the pinball. The movers had us sign (on their phone) when they left our house and not when they arrived at the destination so that's just another way they can get out of it. i've blurred names/addresses.

Hold the phone!! PLEASE tell me you didn't actually pay someone $532.50 to move your game 5 miles in the back of a shitbox pickup truck!!!

#213 3 years ago

Yeah, looks to me like the most they are on the hook for is $0.60 per pound.

On the other hand, if they started at 11:02 AM, and finished at 1:55PM, why did they charge you for 3:15 hours?

#214 3 years ago
Quoted from TheOnlyest:

Hold the phone!! PLEASE tell me you didn't actually pay someone $532.50 to move your game 5 miles in the back of a shitbox pickup truck!!!

they spent 3 hours moving furniture out of my house and into the garage

#215 3 years ago
Quoted from mbeardsley:

Yeah, looks to me like the most they are on the hook for is $0.60 per pound.
On the other hand, if they started at 11:02 AM, and finished at 1:55PM, why did they charge you for 3:15 hours?

i've asked that question too.

#216 3 years ago
Quoted from rugged96:

they spent 3 hours moving furniture out of my house and into the garage

ah, gotcha.

#217 3 years ago

It says right there that they provide a moving truck under the hourly rate. To me it sounds like they have no standing that they’re not liable for the personal truck. It’s what they sent to you. How would someone know they’re only protected if a “marked moving van” shows up. It also says they provided 1 truck on the contract. They are fucking liable for that vehicle!

D0DCB71B-5D6A-41D7-9DAB-F566D7641E88 (resized).jpegD0DCB71B-5D6A-41D7-9DAB-F566D7641E88 (resized).jpeg
#218 3 years ago
Quoted from JayDee:

It says right there that they provide a moving truck under the hourly rate. To me it sounds like they have no standing that they’re not liable for the personal truck. It’s what they sent to you. How would someone know they’re only protected if a “marked moving van” shows up.
[quoted image]

that is a hope. plus it also says here 2 men/1 truck

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#219 3 years ago
Quoted from JayDee:

It says right there that they provide a moving truck under the hourly rate. To me it sounds like they have no standing that they’re not liable for the personal truck. It’s what they sent to you. How would someone know they’re only protected if a “marked moving van” shows up. It also says they provided 1 truck on the contract. They are fucking liable for that vehicle![quoted image]

that's what i'm thinking. I am worried that by signing before they left my driveway that it somehow 'closes' the job out.

#220 3 years ago

I think I would have been a little suspicious when the Isuzu Rabbit pulled up from a “moving company”.

#221 3 years ago

It’s not good that you signed before the move was completed BUT it’s great that you have the pics of your property loaded and undamaged then damaged at the final destination.
Get a written estimate from a reputable restoration person here on pinside ASAP. Make sure it’s on their letterhead with your full name and address and that it specifically states repair funhouse pinball machine cabinet damaged by tri star moving on whatever the date it was they moved it. Print the pics of it loaded and damaged at final destination. Email a letter to the moving company stating that their movers damaged you property and specifically state that you are filing a damage claim. Don’t reference any of their pass the blame game BS. Simply state the facts. Make sure you attach the before and after pics to the email. You should also send a copy of whatever you email them registered mail so they can’t deny receiving your email. If you talk to an attorney cc (not blind CC)him on the email. You want the moving company to see what your sending them is also being copied to a lawyer, that way they will know you aren’t screwing around.
Good luck and keep us posted!

#222 3 years ago

Call your local TV station if they have a consumer advocate that does spots on the news. Have them run the TV crew to the movers and do a segment.

#223 3 years ago

Meaning they can "hire" out any transportation service or vehicle? i.e. that beat up ole' pick up truck?

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#224 3 years ago

Their last Facebook post is quite ironic given the content of this thread.

6B458D05-BB4C-477E-9781-8385766A46DB (resized).jpeg6B458D05-BB4C-477E-9781-8385766A46DB (resized).jpeg
#225 3 years ago
Quoted from Atari_Daze:

Meaning they can "hire" out any transportation service or vehicle? i.e. that beat up ole' pick up truck?[quoted image]

Like I said, moving company pocketed most of the cash and flipped a few bucks to another guy for off book action.

Seen it all the time with roofers, painters, etc.

#226 3 years ago
Quoted from gdonovan:

Like I said, moving company pocketed most of the cash and flipped a few bucks to another guy for off book action.
Seen it all the time with roofers, painters, etc.

That still makes moving company liable. They hired a subcontractor. It’s up to moving company to collect damages from the sub.

I’m a building contractor. Client hires me. I hire subs to fulfill work. If sub damages something the client comes after me for being responsible for the sub. I pay client damages and then go after sub to get reimbursed for their shoddy work.

#227 3 years ago

Sadly, it looks like you've only got $180 coming from their agreed upon **insurance**

The term we were looking for was "Full Value Insurance"

Sucks!

#228 3 years ago
Quoted from NoQuarters:

Call your local TV station if they have a consumer advocate that does spots on the news. Have them run the TV crew to the movers and do a segment.

That is a brilliant idea. They would eat this story up. TV producers love this because you have footage to put on the TV. Do it. Rudy will let you in after midnight.

#229 3 years ago

My advice would be to ask a lawyer and dont ask on a site where no one knows what they are talking about.

#230 3 years ago
Quoted from NoQuarters:

True. This story is “seven on your side” gold.

I once saw those guys go after an oldies station for a defective $10 CD!

#231 3 years ago
Quoted from Elvishasleft:

My advice would be to ask a lawyer and dont ask on a site where no one knows what they are talking about.

Most people would agree. I believe he said somewhere he did contact one. It never hurts to get a little advice from the community, just check with your lawyer before you do anything else.

#232 3 years ago

No one has said whether anyone gave Rudy CPR!!!

#233 3 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

No one has said whether anyone gave Rudy CPR!!!

I know, even Glen got an Amber Alert when he went missing in Texas monday night...

(this is a 100% real Amber Alert that was sent out)

Es6YeU-W8AM7A28 (resized).jpgEs6YeU-W8AM7A28 (resized).jpg

#234 3 years ago
Quoted from freeplay3:

Most people would agree. I believe he said somewhere he did contact one. It never hurts to get a little advice from the community, just check with your lawyer before you do anything else.

Yeah it's wise to take a pause. I've received valuable advice from this forum. I'll report back with updates.

I appreciate everything this community has done. Please don't try to contact the movers, I don't need that headache. I wish I could upvote posts but my account isn't old enough yet!

#235 3 years ago
Quoted from NoQuarters:

I totally agree with this. Every news station in metro Phoenix does these "We're on YOUR side!" segments. They're quite popular, and the people almost always end up happy.

#236 3 years ago
Quoted from sunnRAT:

I totally agree with this. Every news station in metro Phoenix does these "We're on YOUR side!" segments. They're quite popular, and the people almost always end up happy.

Well, they typically only show the ones that have a good outcome.

They aren't going to show a segment where the outcome is "the customer got screwed and we couldn't help him".

#237 3 years ago

I like the TV idea also. They need more screws put in them than that poor Funhouse cabinet.

Sorry for your loss, that really does suck what happened.

#238 3 years ago
Quoted from mbeardsley:

Well, they typically only show the ones that have a good outcome.
They aren't going to show a segment where the outcome is "the customer got screwed and we couldn't help him".

Well clearly it's for the dreamers.

I never said *I* was happy watching it. I don't even have streaming television.

#239 3 years ago

Straight to small claims court!

#240 3 years ago

“TRI-STAR Moving”

Me:

B84291B6-7551-41E3-9863-EE6B4C812E96.gifB84291B6-7551-41E3-9863-EE6B4C812E96.gif
#241 3 years ago
Quoted from Vino:

Situation absolutely sucks but luckily Rudy’s hand was recovered.. [quoted image]

Quoted from schudel5:

A pinball machine barely alive. Gentlemen! We can rebuild him. We have the technology. We can make him better than he was before. Better, stronger, FASTER! [quoted image]

/thread

Seriously though the shipping blanket was covering it then not covering it after. Plus the shoes there to prevent the backbox from pushing into the cab when they should have used blankets to cushion it and strapped it down. I have confidence you will get the full price on that game in small claims. At least you can sell the parts/use the cab for game room art. Such a shame.

#242 3 years ago

.60 has pretty much been the default in the freight industry.

https://www.fmcsa.dot.gov/protect-your-move/valuation-insurance

Intrastate (moving within your state) could have different rules depending on your state.

Seen a lot of these...they should have asked if you wanted anything covered additional. imo

#243 3 years ago

Forget insurance - This is fraud and negligence. Right to Small Claims with the photo evidence of before and after... along with their 'story'

Plus I'd be putting that side by side photo with that company's name up anywhere you can...

#244 3 years ago

According to their own advertisements they strap things down and claim that is the proper way to do it. Not a strap in sight in any of those photos so they didn't follow their own protocol.

#245 3 years ago
Quoted from Soulrider911:

I can't help but notice when the game left (and was covered the backbox was backed up to the cab of the truck... when it arrived it was 180º rotated??? Something fishy there

I don't see anything fishy. It fell off the truck. And the mover bozos said "Oh Shit! Oh Shit! and in a panic just threw it back on the truck. They were probably so scared they were not paying attention to how they loaded it back up.

Nothing fishy. Just two idiots with a truck.

#246 3 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

It fell off the truck. And the mover bozos said "Oh Shit! Oh Shit! and in a panic just threw it back on the truck. They were probably so scared they were not paying attention to how they loaded it back up.

Of course.

"Spillage of Load" or "Failure to Secure Load" are expensive tickets (and you get points on your license too)

#247 3 years ago

Don't know what your income is like, but one could argue the value of a funhouse is rather high in any condition. Maybe a tax-deductible donation to a charity?

Hell, it might be modern art if you throw some lights on it and bring it to NYC.

Quoted from rugged96:

that is a hope. plus it also says here 2 men/1 truck[quoted image]

Two girls, one pincup.

#248 3 years ago

Closed at the request of the OP.

Just to reiterate:

Quoted from rugged96:

I appreciate everything this community has done. Please don't try to contact the movers, I don't need that headache.

Please leave the movers alone, and please don't try to be a keyboard warrior. It sounds like the lawyers can take it from here.

The OP is welcome to contact the moderation team about posting any follow-up updates.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound

13,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Phoenix, AZ
8,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Reno, NV
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 26.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 22.50
$ 170.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Bethel Park, PA
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 45.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

5,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Haledon, NJ
$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 59.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.95
$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

There are 248 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 5.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rudy-s-funhouse-destroyed-by-movers/page/5?hl=freeplay3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.