Saw (resized).JPG
pasted_image (resized).png
download (resized).jpg
DSC_7150 (resized).jpg
Screen Shot 2021-02-03 at 8.58.49 AM (resized).png
4B4A90CE-0442-43AC-B92B-4F4DC5594739 (resized).jpeg
1BD6A0EF-9EDA-4331-83E6-F41F97BF40DA (resized).png

This topic is closed.

There are 248 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 5.
#101 3 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

It matters.
Atlas Vanlines paid me $4600 for breaking my 4ft tall, 30 year old lava lamp[quoted image]

Dude, that is awesome. Where can I get one of these?

#102 3 years ago

I wish you were closer op! I'd help you rebuild your cabinet and frankenstein this bad boi back together.

Keep us posted. There are alot of pinsiders that will help you! Don't throw anything away!!!! She can be brought back. Even if they settle, and you buy a new machine, a pinsider will bring it back.

#103 3 years ago

We moved in 1998 I took the legs off my flash but didn’t on my data east Star Wars which was immaculate and they said don’t worry we can move it without taking the legs off

To this day I don’t slide a pinball machine they slid it and the front right leg popped out with the wood he did a pretty damn good job repairing it you can still see the discoloration in the paint I was severely bummed out.... should’ve had him replace the whole damn game as it was only routed for one year ..I’ll never sell it As it was my wedding present

But after looking at what happened to that Funhouse mine is minuscule to that good luck hope it all works out

#104 3 years ago

Send it to HEP!!!

#105 3 years ago

Looking at the picture of the "moving truck" looks like the legs were removed...

#106 3 years ago
Quoted from Pbpins:

Send it to HEP!!!

I already gave Chris @ HEP a heads-up! If nothing else, it would make Chris shake his head... and smile.

#107 3 years ago
Quoted from Markharris2000:

I already gave Chris @ HEP a heads-up!

Because I am sure the OP wants to drop 8-10K on a restoration.

#108 3 years ago
Quoted from chooch:

Because I am sure the OP wants to drop 8-10K on a restoration.

Actually, reaching out to HEP is a great idea - he puts his games in all-new cabinets so he might have an old one the OP can have for cheap.

#109 3 years ago
Quoted from woody76:

Dude, that is awesome. Where can I get one of these?

They stopped making them because they were filled with Perchloroethylene and were hazardous to ship

They were handmade in Chicago using German glass and were called "The Humongo"

They tried to make them with salt water instead of chemicals, but it was a huge failure (see what I did there?)

#110 3 years ago

I already gave Chris @ HEP a heads-up! If nothing else, it would make Chris shake his head... and smile.

Who /what is HEP?

#112 3 years ago
Quoted from rugged96:

Who /what is HEP?

High End Pins, Chris Hutchins. They are a high-end (like the name says) pinball restoration service. You might be able to source an old cab from him.

http://www.highendpins.com

#113 3 years ago
Quoted from rugged96:

Who /what is HEP?

When you give the insurance company the estimate to repair the game, you want it to be from Chris at High End Pins

He does great work, and would be well worth their money

Click image and take it all in:

50_G (resized).jpg50_G (resized).jpg
#114 3 years ago

Do we know the name of Monstertruck Supercross Moving Co so we can avoid them jumping trucks with our pins in back?

B7A4917B-D129-496F-ADA0-BB81E9892950.gifB7A4917B-D129-496F-ADA0-BB81E9892950.gif
#115 3 years ago

Find a musician to work up a jingle for you.

It worked for this musician when United Airlines broke his guitar and was trying to flip him off. He youtubed ( youtube is now a verb) the hell out of them and got satisfaction.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_Breaks_Guitars

" Carroll says that his fruitless negotiations with the airline lasted about nine months.[4] Then, asking himself, "if Michael Moore was a singer-songwriter, what would he do?", Carroll wrote a song and created a music video about his experience..."

" The YouTube video was posted on July 6, 2009. It amassed 150,000 views within one day, prompting United to contact Carroll saying it hoped to right the wrong..."

Hammer them on the Nashville Craigslist with some pictures of that broken cab. Put them under the Klieg lights and light those bastards up.

My girlfriend's daughter works for for a local TV station. She makes the decisions on what the news people present on TV. She would be all over this. Call your local TV stations and see if you can get some visibility. Around here the local TV stations do shows to help the little guy.

#116 3 years ago
Quoted from thechakapakuni:

Do we know the name of Monstertruck Supercross Moving Co so we can avoid them jumping trucks with our pins in back?
[quoted image]

Maybe these guys moved it?

#117 3 years ago

If you were local I could fix that for you (except the display) ... however my days of shipping games are over. I know you are in touch with a repair company, hopefully the bill wont be too much.
Follow the route they took, find the broken glass. If its a residential neighborhood, check with the homeowners if they have a ring cam or security cameras. If its business district then ask the businesses if they have cameras. Video of him dumping it out of the bed as he goes around a corner will go a long way in disproving their story.

#118 3 years ago

Buy the cabinet mentioned above, and throw some Rad-Cals on it. The 'easy' part will be out of the way, then on to the playfield/electronics!
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1042-mircoplayfields/02028-funhouse-rad-cals-cabinet-art

Quoted from ForceFlow:

Sounds like they're going to try everything they can to wiggle out of this. I would suggest stop talking to them directly. Your home insurance might be able to help with finding out who their insurance carrier is, and then you might be able to file a claim directly with their insurance company. After that, it's probably time to go through a lawyer at that point.

I wholeheartedly agree with both these posts. I'm so sorry this has happened to you and that poor Funhouse! Dare I ask....what happened to the backglass? Hopefully the Music City crew can fill us in or OP on the condition of the game (the playfield, etc).

*OP maybe if you follow the route they took, you could spot a giant area of glass on the road?

#119 3 years ago
Quoted from woody76:

Looks like the legs are off. I am thinking tailgate came open and game dumped on street.

ahhhh didn't see that picture. Is the tailgate handle missing?

#120 3 years ago
Quoted from hocuslocus:

I’m guessing it’s what you said except they hit a 20ft Evel Knievil jump as the tailgate opened up

#121 3 years ago
Quoted from rugged96:

That's confusing us too. I found 1 shard of glass. I think it flipped out on it's top and the glass is on the side of the road somewhere. Yet the scoreboard glass is intact. It also took them 90 minutes to travel 5 miles so maybe they tried really hard to clean up.

They probably called the boss and hightailed back to the shop to "fix" things.

#122 3 years ago
Quoted from hocuslocus:

I'll get some pictures of the truck when it arrived at my dads.

#123 3 years ago
Quoted from rugged96:

I'll get some pictures of the truck when it arrived at my dads.

Crazy....

tmp_1612318384490 (resized).jpgtmp_1612318384490 (resized).jpg
#124 3 years ago

Ridiculous !
Take a picture of the back of the head where it it’s screened with the warning text that basically states the instructions to never transport a game in this manner and forward it to the responsible parties.

#125 3 years ago
Quoted from hocuslocus:

yes, it appears the handle on the tailgate is missing. you can see the game is completely turned around now. I think he took off and the game slid backwards and hit the tailgate forcing it open and then the game dumped on the street. You can see the front of the game hit first at a angle and the force of the playfield just pushed the face and coindoor right out the front of the cabinet. Explalins why no glass is in the truck or hardly in the game. It is all in the street somewhere.

#126 3 years ago
Quoted from rugged96:

Crazy....
[quoted image]

The shoe placement is interesting.

#127 3 years ago
Quoted from High_End_Pins:

Good eye.

#129 3 years ago

There's a dolly in that second pic, but I can't see it in the first. Was the game on the dolly in the truck bed?

#130 3 years ago

On the left is what they left the driveway with. On the right, what they arrived with.

Caveat? How does anyone know what is under the blanket? Hopefully, the paperwork states what is there.

Screen Shot 2021-02-02 at 8.32.00 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2021-02-02 at 8.32.00 PM (resized).png

#131 3 years ago
Quoted from High_End_Pins:

Oh no! That's not Rudy wedged in there is it???

#132 3 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

Caveat? How does anyone know what is under the blanket?

Yea, was sort of thinking that also. That, and their passenger side rear tire needs air.

#133 3 years ago

This sucks for you and I hope you get something for your misfortune. You may even want to talk to your insurance company. They may pay you and go after the moving company ( its a longshot, but i got paid that way once.)

This reminds me of when I had a customer call me for a quote on moving his games. He had several pins, a couple slots and some vids. Maybe 12 total. I quoted him 1200 to wrap move and set up all the games. Again, he was a customer and I thought 100 bucks a game was fair. I knew he was a cheapskate and he decided to let the moving company do it. A few months go by and he calls me to come fix a game. None of the games are close to level, mismatched legs and so on. I get the games leveled and playing well except Addams Family, the ball keeps getting hung up. So I open it up and I can see the corner separating. then i see the playfield. A giant crack right down the middle. After close examination, I can see where the game was dropped and show the owner. Its been months and too late to claim a report. Now he wants me to cut him a deal to fix it. Told him I don't do that kind of work and left.

#134 3 years ago

Im going to guess it was loaded in with legs on (cause removing them is hard) and not strapped and just went flying.

Maybe one guy that had a few Budweisers at lunch in the back to "hold it still when we hit a turn" hillbilly style.

#135 3 years ago

This is not a real moving company if they can’t transport 5 miles without destroying it.
The truck and how they put it in the truck proves they are not a real moving company. They also probably don’t have real insurance that will cover their incompetence. You will likely spend more than you’ll receive to recover your loss. Sorry.

#136 3 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

On the left is what they left the driveway with. On the right, what they arrived with.
Caveat? How does anyone know what is under the blanket? Hopefully, the paperwork states what is there.
[quoted image]

Unfortunately, I don't have any camera footage of them loading in the truck because they were backed up into my garage.

#137 3 years ago
Quoted from Elvishasleft:

Im going to guess it was loaded in with legs on (cause removing them is hard) and not strapped and just went flying.
Maybe one guy that had a few Budweisers at lunch in the back to "hold it still when we hit a turn" hillbilly style.

The legs were not on the machine when transported. You can clearly see that here when leaving the house. If the legs were on it would be sitting much higher in the bed of the truck.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#138 3 years ago
Quoted from chooch:

The legs were not on the machine when transported. You can clearly see that here when leaving the house. If the legs were on it would be sitting much higher in the bed of the truck.
[quoted image]

Damn... well there goes my theory of dumbest movers ever.

Now they are only in the top ten.

I still think beers were involved.

#139 3 years ago

You can't keep a bezel on that chevy tailgate handle. Lost mine in the first 5k and stopped replacing them after 3...

but I certainly don't see any straps.

#140 3 years ago
Quoted from guitarded:

You can't keep a bezel on that chevy tailgate handle. Lost mine in the first 5k and stopped replacing them after 3...
but I certainly don't see any straps.

True, but more importantly is that is not a moving truck ( of a reputable company)and that game is not being transported properly.

#141 3 years ago
Quoted from trilogybeer:

True, but more importantly is that is not a moving truck ( of a reputable company)and that game is not being transported properly.

Your average mover doesn't know how to transport a game properly. They move "stuff" and they move it as it sits, every day, day after day. Every single time I have been on a service call for someone who recently moved they tell me the movers just moved the game as is. SOmetimes down or up a flight of stairs. Can you imagine doing that on a fully set up game?!

It's really up to the movee to make sure their game is properly broken down if they are gonna have pinball-ignorant "movers" move it.

Plenty of blame to go around on this one but I'm starting to think some of the other posters here are right...that truck looks like a real piece of shit and it's possible the dude just hit the gas and the game slammed the tailgate open and went on it's merry way. Wouldn't have made a difference if the head were folded down properly in that case.

#142 3 years ago
Quoted from trilogybeer:

?? its wrapped in a blanket. 100% safe and proper.

I dunno what to tell the guy other than sorry you hired morons.

I moved a game from 15 hours away when I was new to the hobby in the back of a pickup and even I had the minimal brainpower to strap it down.

Best case it will slide around if you dont strap it... worst case? See pics. Lucky they didnt kill anyone behind them when it went for its ride.

#143 3 years ago

Situation absolutely sucks but luckily Rudy’s hand was recovered..

81F8E69D-E0E1-4A11-9A8C-B124CCCA45F6 (resized).png81F8E69D-E0E1-4A11-9A8C-B124CCCA45F6 (resized).png

#144 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Your average mover doesn't know how to transport a game properly. They move "stuff." Virtually every single time I have been on a service call for someone who recently moved they tell me the movers just moved the game as is. SOmetimes down or up a flight of stairs. Can you imagine doing that on a fully set up game?!
It's really up to the movee to make sure their game is properly broken down if they are gonna have "movers" move it.
Plenty of blame to go around on this one but I'm starting to think some of the other posters here are right...that truck looks like a real piece of shit and it's possible the dude just hit the gas and the game slammed the tailgate open and went on it's merry way. Wouldn't have made a difference if the head were folded down properly in that case.

Yep, and like I said (and to expand upon) this is not the type of truck a legit moving company would use. It’s not covered, it’s not marked, and I’d be willing to bet it’s not properly insured. And I’d rate this “company” at a far below average mover.

#146 3 years ago

I think it was on the dolly in the truck and when they hit the gas it slammed through the tailgate and out onto the road but we really need a good detective on this case who asks “just one more thing”!
C8F50347-6A9E-41CB-9F41-91E26DBE45B6 (resized).jpegC8F50347-6A9E-41CB-9F41-91E26DBE45B6 (resized).jpeg

#147 3 years ago
Quoted from Billc479:

We went thru a loss with a moving company - found some of our "lost in transit" stuff in a pawn shop - glad we had serial numbers and pics, and even further happy that pawn shops were required to get a pic of the seller(s) and then check serial numbers. Once police showed up at their "warehouse", settlements came pretty easy. One thing to remember, part of the settlement claim (At least for us) was an NDA about the settlement, including social media. Fortunately, our social media bashing was BEFORE the settlement, so bash away!

I'd never sign an NDA in the kind of situation you were in. With that kind of evidence, you have them by the balls, in both the civil and criminal sense.

If they made me whole, I'd definitely tell that as part of the story, but I don't take kindly to a company telling me "we'll make you whole in exchange for your silence". Screw that.

#148 3 years ago

My condolances.

Just for fun you should put it on craigslist as 'needs some work' and 'last time I turned it on it worked great!'.

It will make it here in the craigslist thread.

#149 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

It's an epidemic!!!

Learned something from the Funhouse and phantom owners ...
Never move a pin in a red pick up truck

#150 3 years ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

Learned something from the Funhouse and phantom owners ...
Never move a pin in a red pick up truck

I think the real takeaway is don't let others move them for you.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 59.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 26.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 22.50
7,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Davis, CA
$ 170.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

$ 45.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

13,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Phoenix, AZ
$ 29.95
Machine - For Sale
Norwalk, OH
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

5,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
San Martin, CA
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

There are 248 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 5.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rudy-s-funhouse-destroyed-by-movers/page/3?hl=freeplay3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.