Saw (resized).JPG
pasted_image (resized).png
download (resized).jpg
DSC_7150 (resized).jpg
Screen Shot 2021-02-03 at 8.58.49 AM (resized).png
4B4A90CE-0442-43AC-B92B-4F4DC5594739 (resized).jpeg
1BD6A0EF-9EDA-4331-83E6-F41F97BF40DA (resized).png

This topic is closed.

There are 248 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 5.
#51 3 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

Probably time for a lawyer then. I would suggest stop talking to them directly and just go through a lawyer at this point.

Yup. Make them WISH they had settled for $14k. What a sleaze response on their part.

#52 3 years ago

Post a picture or two of the bottom of the playfield. Depending on the state of the machinery underneath, this might become a project of much larger and expensive proportions! (That said, it *might* be a forced learning experience, building a new cabinet, apply fresh graphics, and then transfer all of the old parts to the new cabinet.).

I don't know if many of us would take on this big of a pin restore job by choice, but since it landed in your lap, maybe it would be 80-hours of 'fun'...

#54 3 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

https://www.mymovingreviews.com/move/file-complaint-against-movers/
Looks like there's a few other steps you may be able to take.

most of these companies are on social media so I would basically say make this right or I will trash you online.

people do read reviews for moving companies etc

#55 3 years ago
Quoted from Markharris2000:

Post a picture or two of the bottom of the playfield. Depending on the state of the machinery underneath, this might become a project of much larger and expensive proportions!

I'll see what I can do... I'm afraid to touch it right now.

#56 3 years ago
Quoted from m00nmuppet:

Yup. Make them WISH they had settled for $14k. What a sleaze response on their part.

Waste of money... whats a lawyer going to do?

You have to read whatever paperwork you signed and I doubt there is anything there the lawyer can work with.

#57 3 years ago
Quoted from rugged96:

I'll see what I can do... I'm afraid to touch it right now.

Take lots and lots of pictures and probably a video of you moving stuff to inspect better. Get as much evidence as possible so there’s no way they can blame you for making something worse. I would definitely look at everything more thoroughly so that you know EXACTLY what is all broken or damaged.

#58 3 years ago

We went thru a loss with a moving company - found some of our "lost in transit" stuff in a pawn shop - glad we had serial numbers and pics, and even further happy that pawn shops were required to get a pic of the seller(s) and then check serial numbers. Once police showed up at their "warehouse", settlements came pretty easy. One thing to remember, part of the settlement claim (At least for us) was an NDA about the settlement, including social media. Fortunately, our social media bashing was BEFORE the settlement, so bash away!

#59 3 years ago
Quoted from JayDee:

Take lots and lots of pictures and probably a video of you moving stuff to inspect better. Get as much evidence as possible so there’s no way they can blame you for making something worse. I would definitely look at everything more thoroughly so that you know EXACTLY what is all broken or damaged.

I'm hoping to get Music City Pinball to call me back and get me a full estimate.

PXL_20210202_203521208 (resized).jpgPXL_20210202_203521208 (resized).jpgPXL_20210202_203527240 (resized).jpgPXL_20210202_203527240 (resized).jpgPXL_20210202_203546036 (resized).jpgPXL_20210202_203546036 (resized).jpgPXL_20210202_203550729 (resized).jpgPXL_20210202_203550729 (resized).jpgPXL_20210202_203602844 (resized).jpgPXL_20210202_203602844 (resized).jpgPXL_20210202_203617692 (resized).jpgPXL_20210202_203617692 (resized).jpgPXL_20210202_203716068 (resized).jpgPXL_20210202_203716068 (resized).jpg
#60 3 years ago

This sucks, however as the owner why would not prep the game to travel... legs off , head down lots of wrap?
Looks like they didn't strap it down , sadly I see a Pinball rolling down the road because I'm assuming the balls were still in the game.
I wrap and protect my game just moving them local.

#61 3 years ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

This sucks, however as the owner why would not prep the game to travel... legs off , head down lots of wrap?
Looks like they didn't strap it down , sadly I see a Pinball rolling down the road because I'm assuming the balls were still in the game.
I wrap and protect my game just moving them local.

I hear you. And why I feel so awful and responsible to my dad.

#62 3 years ago

What does your transportation contract say for liability? Unless you signed up for declared valuation (i.e., $14,000), you are probably only able to collect $0.60 per pound. For a 300 lb. pin that's like $180. Good luck.

#63 3 years ago
Quoted from Elvishasleft:

Waste of money... whats a lawyer going to do?
You have to read whatever paperwork you signed and I doubt there is anything there the lawyer can work with.

Maybe not. Is there a signed contract? Does contract state what they will provide, ie vehicles and protection\strapping. If so, then they broke contract by not sending a company vehicle.
One could probably argue that they did this on purpose to avoid any liability for damages.

#64 3 years ago

What a horrible result, I hope you can get them to take some responsibility!

It appears most of the damage is to the coin door panel and bottom panel, as well as the display

A led replacement from Big Daddy wouldn't break the bank , would actually freshen it up

I feel like you could repair the cabinet based on what I see

#65 3 years ago

Why is there no glass anywhere? No way were they able to clean all the glass.

#66 3 years ago

Sorry to see something like this happened to you and your dad. It’s horrible. Did you post the moving companies name? Wasn’t sure if I saw it. I understand if you wanna wait. But people need to know who did this shit, eventually at least.

#67 3 years ago

Ugh and sorry.

Here's my 2 cents. I'm with ForceFlow here.

1) It looks like the cabinet damage isn't so much "a piece is broken in half or has a giant crack or a hole" but rather the bottom and the front came out. These pinball cabinets are very old and were basically glued together initially -- it's not uncommon for a cabinet to split apart even without sudden mover damage. While it's hard to tell, you might be able to put the parts back together and clamp/glue.

2) The electronics in the backbox are probably fine.

3) One picture shows a numeric display with all the wires cut. I'm not sure what happened here because another picture seems to show the speaker/display panel all in one piece.

4) There may be damage to wiring or mechanisms on the bottom of the playfield. It would mostly be from falling onto something and cutting wires or bending parts.

5) The top of the playfield looks fine and probably wasn't significantly impacted

6) The flipper switches on the inside of the cabinet as well as the tilt bob and some other boards that mount on the side should be inspected. Were they torn off or damaged?

Wishing you a speedy repair

#68 3 years ago
Quoted from rx3:

Why is there no glass anywhere? No way were they able to clean all the glass.

That's confusing us too. I found 1 shard of glass. I think it flipped out on it's top and the glass is on the side of the road somewhere. Yet the scoreboard glass is intact. It also took them 90 minutes to travel 5 miles so maybe they tried really hard to clean up.

#69 3 years ago
Quoted from rugged96:

That's confusing us too. I found 1 shard of glass. I think it flipped out on it's top and the glass is on the side of the road somewhere. Yet the scoreboard glass is intact. It also took them 90 minutes to travel 5 miles so maybe they tried really hard to clean up.

My guess judging by the way its loaded is that it slid to the back and hit the tailgate, this ripped the front legs and the coin box off of the cabinet. The glass probably slid right off and onto the street at that point.

#70 3 years ago
Quoted from altan:

3) One picture shows a numeric display with all the wires cut. I'm not sure what happened here because another picture seems to show the speaker/display panel all in one piece.

The force of the accident probably snapped it off.

When the sticky tape is no longer holding the glass to the PCB, the glass tends to flop around, and the legs of the glass don't really do a good job at securely supporting the weight of the glass.

I doubt that it was cut off.

#71 3 years ago

You might also consider small claims court. I don't know your state, but limits can be as high as $15,000 depending on the state. The hearings are much more casual, judges understand the sides are not trained lawyers. So your chances are good if you go in well prepared, and I like the argument that they broke the contract by sending a non-company truck. And, if you win against a company, it is a lot easier to collect than against an individual. If they don't pay, file a lien against the company. I have only had to use small claims a couple of times, but worked out well both times.

#72 3 years ago
Quoted from DCRand:

You might also consider small claims court. I don't know your state, but limits can be as high as $15,000 depending on the state. The hearings are much more casual, judges understand the sides are not trained lawyers. So your chances are good if you go in well prepared, and I like the argument that they broke the contract by sending a non-company truck. And, if you win against a company, it is a lot easier to collect than against an individual. If they don't pay, file a lien against the company. I have only had to use small claims a couple of times, but worked out well both times.

Looks like Tennessee has a $25k limit. Wow. My area has a $3k limit.

#73 3 years ago
Quoted from DCRand:

I like the argument that they broke the contract by sending a non-company truck.

I agree, that may end up being a big benefit. Not like you called the moving guys and had them do a "side job", if that's what the company sent over, that's their problem.

#74 3 years ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

People who aren't "pinball people" move games like this all the time. They don't know better. And the movers don't care either, they just move the game as-is. Nobody's fault really it is what it is. The OP probably doesn't know how easy it is to fold the head over.

#75 3 years ago

When you take these guys to court, make sure you bring the back of the head with you. On the back, it says “never move a game with the hinged backbox erect”, in 7 different languages.

#76 3 years ago

Heatsink on top of bridge rectifiers shifted, fasteners missing. Weird.

#77 3 years ago
Quoted from Elvishasleft:

define insured? .. that doesnt matter.

It matters.

Atlas Vanlines paid me $4600 for breaking my 4ft tall, 30 year old lava lamp

Lava_Colossus (resized).JPGLava_Colossus (resized).JPG
#78 3 years ago

I would probably bring the guy with the truck into the mix/lawsuit also. It would probably answer more questions.

Did the company send him out knowing he might be using his personal truck for the job? Did the guy get specific approval to use his truck for the pinball machine from his company? Then it’s the company that’s liable.

Did the guy go against company policy and use the truck for the job? Then it’s the worker that’s liable.

#80 3 years ago

I truly hope you paid for full value insurance with this, otherwise you will only get a couple hundred max. We moved a few months ago and the movers were awful. They damaged quite a bit of furniture, destroyed a doorframe, broke my standing desk, and slid my treadmill on it's side across the driveway (badly gouging the sides). It was mostly cosmetic, but I was incredibly thorough with the claim and ultimately received $6500 from them.

If you paid for the insurance then you should be able to get this reimbursed, but you will need to be extremely thorough and never stop calling for updates on the claim.

#81 3 years ago
Quoted from JayDee:

I would probably bring the guy with the truck into the mix/lawsuit also. It would probably answer more questions.
Did the company send him out knowing he might be using his personal truck for the job? Did the guy get specific approval to use his truck for the pinball machine from his company? Then it’s the company that’s liable.
Did the guy go against company policy and use the truck for the job? Then it’s the worker that’s liable.

I'm not sure but we called his personal auto insurance company and our homeowners insurance company. Apparently he claimed another driver cut him off, causing him to jump a curb. No police report was filed and no damage was reported to his vehicle.

#82 3 years ago
Quoted from rugged96:

I'm not sure but we called his personal auto insurance company and our homeowners insurance company. Apparently he claimed another driver cut him off, causing him to jump a curb. No police report was filed and no damage was reported to his vehicle.

That’s a hell of a story. No traffic cameras?

#83 3 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

It matters.
Atlas Vanlines paid me $4600 for breaking my 4ft tall, 30 year old lava lamp[quoted image]

Man that is awesome!

#84 3 years ago

I sent you a PM. Music City Pinball will get you a good quote for insurance purposes.

Looks like he took off and machine hit tailgate and then tailgate fell down and game crashed into the street.

#85 3 years ago

It's the underside of the playfield that really matters at this point. The cabinetry looks straight-forward repairable/replaceable. The machinery UNDER the playfield is where damage will make or break the restoration/repair. There is so much stuff that can be bent or damaged under. All of the mechanisms, Rudy's jaw, the trap door, the flipper/slingshots, scoop, etc All of that can be bent or damaged easily on a good day. Dropping it off a truck makes me cringe to think about those delicate mechanisms...

#86 3 years ago
Quoted from Markharris2000:

It's the underside of the playfield that really matters at this point. The cabinetry looks straight-forward repairable/replaceable. The machinery UNDER the playfield is where damage will make or break the restoration/repair. There is so much stuff that can be bent or damaged under. All of the mechanisms, Rudy's jaw, the trap door, the flipper/slingshots, scoop, etc All of that can be bent or damaged easily on a good day. Dropping it off a truck makes me cringe to think about those delicate mechanisms...

I'll try and get good pictures of the underside this evening!

#87 3 years ago
Quoted from rugged96:

So he hit it hard enough, that the machine bounced out of the bed? You mentioned it was loaded differently when it arrived.

Kills me to see this.....

#88 3 years ago
Quoted from rugged96:

Apparently he claimed another driver cut him off,

Can you spell "Meth"?

#89 3 years ago
Quoted from rugged96:

It fell over on its side taking a turn.

The glass went outwards on the fall, so most of that glass is still on the road.

#90 3 years ago
Quoted from trueno92:

It fell over on its side taking a turn.
The glass went outwards on the fall, so most of that glass is still on the road.

See if you can't find said glass on the side of the road (since it isn't a huge distance) and take some pictures. Tempered glass is messy.

#91 3 years ago
Quoted from alexmogil:

See if you can't find said glass on the side of the road (since it isn't a huge distance) and take some pictures. Tempered glass is messy.

And see if there’s a camera. Whether it’s a business, or home doorbell, or traffic camera

#92 3 years ago

So sad. What about all the wires stretched in the idc connectors? And under the playfield. This could be a nightmare for a long time. Sure it's repairable but at what cost?

#93 3 years ago

I haven't felt like puking in a long time, but this did it..

#94 3 years ago

The thing NOT to do is to trash all the parts. It CAN be rebuilt. I have never brought one back from the brink of death like this one but if I had the playfield and it was nice, I would remove all the parts, buy a new premade cabinet, and use all the parts from the damage. The electronics should be fine. Just dont throw any of the parts away. If they settle with you, make them give you the parts. You can sell a populated playfield to someone who will make sure Rudy lives on (like me.) It is a real shame but no need to scrap out a project that can be made whole again.

#95 3 years ago

Did they put it in the truck with the legs still on or something? It's either that or they would have had to driven like dumbasses, maybe texting. People get cut off all the time but you usually give yourself room especially if your transporting something.
Regardless that sucks, hope you get Rudy put back together again.

#96 3 years ago

Newest communique from moving company: "We are sorry to hear that a fuse was not the issue. We are also sorry to have caused some minor cosmetic damage to your pin table. As for our method of transporting, we did not fold down the box top as we did not want to damage the wires. Concerning leg removal, while we did not initially remove them our crack team of moving experts realized their minor mistake and successfully removed them during transport. Please let us know if we can be of any further assistance."

#97 3 years ago
Quoted from hocuslocus:

Did they put it in the truck with the legs still on or something? It's either that or they would have had to driven like dumbasses, maybe texting. People get cut off all the time but you usually give yourself room especially if your transporting something.
Regardless that sucks, hope you get Rudy put back together again.

Looks like the legs are off. I am thinking tailgate came open and game dumped on street.

#98 3 years ago

I’d retrace the 5 mile route, there will be broken glass and other evidence, snap some pics of it, can only help if you decide to go the small claims route.

#100 3 years ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

I’d retrace the 5 mile route, there will be broken glass and other evidence, snap some pics of it, can only help if you decide to go the small claims route.

this for sure

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
8,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Reno, NV
$ 26.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 59.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

13,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Phoenix, AZ
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Bethel Park, PA
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 29.95
$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 170.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

5,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Haledon, NJ
$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods

$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 45.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound

$ 22.50
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 248 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 5.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rudy-s-funhouse-destroyed-by-movers/page/2?hl=markharris2000 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.