3 years ago

Topic Stats

• 8 posts
  • 6 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by zacaj
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Leather-Condom-Case---Jimmy-Pack_22817727 (resized).jpg
    box (resized).png
    2020-05-20 10.40.32 (resized).jpg
    #1 3 years ago

I've been storing my rubber in these drawers for years. I've often wondered if the air would dry them out over time. I know there is some rubber in there that is probably 10 years old. None of it is dried up, but some is discolored. I'm not sure if the discoloration is just different vendors, or old stock that I've found in machines or wherever.

Most of the games I do for myself I've been using Titan colored rings, which adds another dimension. These are currently a mess in ziploc bags inside of ziploc bags. Any organization tips before I mix them all in and create a disaster for myself? My space is very limited as well. It would be great if I added another 2 or 3 of these and left enough room to keep everything bagged, but unfortunately not an option.

2020-05-20 10.40.32 (resized).jpg2020-05-20 10.40.32 (resized).jpg
    #2 3 years ago

I leave them in ziplock bags piled into a box like the picture.... some of mine are a decade or more old too, and they're all fine.

box (resized).pngbox (resized).png
    #3 3 years ago

I just pretty much have them all sealed in ziplock bags by size in a box. I probably should organize them better, especially since some sizes have multiple bags, but meh. If I need to take them somewhere with me, I just grab the box and go.

On the other hand, I have coil sleeves nicely separated and labeled in small stacking bins, and electronics components nicely organized and labeled (for the most part) in parts drawers and/or parts containers.

#4 3 years ago
    Leather-Condom-Case---Jimmy-Pack_22817727 (resized).jpgLeather-Condom-Case---Jimmy-Pack_22817727 (resized).jpg
    #5 3 years ago

Sorry
    Yes i know..not funny

#6 3 years ago
    Quoted from jorro:

Sorry
    Yes i know..not funny

I'm only disappointed it took 4 posts to get there.

#7 3 years ago
    Quoted from Atari_Daze:

I'm only disappointed it took 4 posts to get there.

I knew it was only a matter of time before this one got derailed.....
    Or should I say I knew it was.. nevermind.

#8 3 years ago

I got a big christmas ornament organizer after christmas last year cheap, has a ton of compartments well sized for rubbers.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rubber-storage-and-organization-show-your-method and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.