Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 19 posts
  • 8 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by RacerRik
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Rubber Ring Sizing Chart.pdf (PDF preview)
    Rubber_Ring_Sizing_Chart.pdf (PDF preview)
    #1 11 years ago

Is there a handy rule of thumb or formula for how big a ring you need using the distance it spans? I have an old one on my Space Shuttle that is in a tough to reach spot under the ramp (the one across from the drop downs) that is the only one (go figure) that looks old / wasn't replaced in my 100% shopped purchase. I know, I know, someday I'll let go of that 100% thing, but, not yet.

Anyway, I don't want to tear down the ramp just to get the size on that ring and I'm putting together a pinballlife.com order.

#2 11 years ago

this is gonna be interesting

#3 11 years ago

Just saw the brand, good luck.

#4 11 years ago

Whatever your shoe size is. Then divide by 10.

#5 11 years ago

Der. Nevermind. :-/

EDIT: Man, I wish you could delete your own threads.

#6 11 years ago

You have to tear it down to replace it, Right?

#7 11 years ago

Well, yes and no. I mean, I realized that but it can be played in the mean time. I just meant I used the arcane formula of "check the f-ing manual".

Post edited by absocountry2 : profanity edited

#8 11 years ago

I believe it is RTFM. Read the .....manual

I ordered stuff and the manual was incorrect. Just a heads up. I would take it off and order what you need.

#9 11 years ago

I put together a ring sizing chart that has worked well for me. I would be happy to share it if there is interest. It basically shows the span for each size rubber ring so you measure the distance between posts and determine the type of posts you have then grab the ring size that fits in that range. Idealy, rubber rings should have about 20% stretch, but that seldom ends up the case since there are a limited number of sizes to choose from. My chart is a Powerpoint slide, so I am not sure how I would share that here.

#10 11 years ago

That's pretty much what I wanted. It might be nice for folks without a manual, or who are, like me, too damned stupid to read it.

#11 11 years ago

pdf

#12 11 years ago

I am attempting to attach my ring sizing chart to this post. I am the author of this document and I am sharing it with the pinball community so there are no copyright issues. Hope it helps!
    RacerRik

#13 11 years ago

RTFM is always a good rule of thumb and I believe most all B/W games have english manuals on ipdb.org

Thanks Racer Rik for the pdf

Hey Tommi I do not think this got interesting enough for your liking.

#14 11 years ago

Dang, thanks RacerRik, thats a pretty neat chart.

#15 11 years ago

If you have the old one see if there are any markings on it. It often has the size written right on it.

#16 11 years ago

That is EXACTLY what I was hoping to find. Luckily I found my head before hand but still very cool!

#17 11 years ago

Glad you found the chart to be useful!

I just finished putting new rubber on a Blackout. I did not have the manual, could not find it online and the old rings were not marked for size and of course they were all dried out and stretched. The ring sizing chart made it easy to get the right size rubber on it.

I don't buy the rubber ring kits anymore since they never seem to be 100% right plus they are not cost effective. I buy an assortment of each size from Terry at PinballLife and then can re-rubber pretty much anything that comes along.

#18 11 years ago

PBL Tub o' Rubber. One should always be prepared.

2 years later
    #19 9 years ago

I was informed the link to my ring sizing chart does not work anymore, so I thought I would post a new link.

Rubber Ring Sizing Chart.pdfRubber Ring Sizing Chart.pdf

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rubber-size-snicker and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.