• Latest reply 5 years ago by wiredoug
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0949[1] (resized).JPG
#1 5 years ago

I can't find a rubbers chart for my Straight Shooter. What size ring would I buy to fit this? It's 4.5" from outer post to outer post. Thanks! (is there a general rule for sizing them?)

IMG_0949[1] (resized).JPGIMG_0949[1] (resized).JPG

#2 5 years ago

If you have the old ring, measure the inside diameter.

LTG : )

#3 5 years ago

Whoa! Too easy and makes too much sense.

But it's pretty stretched out ... should I knock off 1/2"?

#5 5 years ago

If I were in your shoes I would just buy 5 or 10 of every size ring and put them in a "parts bin". Also add a few shooter tips and a few flipper bat rings to the mix and you will never have a machine down due to a bad rubber ring. All sizes up to about 4" should pretty much cover everything you would ever need. Start with mini post size and just grab 10 of each of the smaller ones and maybe 5 each on stuff over 2" and you should be good to go for a long while. It will likely cost less than dinner out would cost you to have a nice inventory of rubber rings!

You can find a "ring size" chart on Pinball Resource web site. Download & print it and you will be all set!

#7 5 years ago

and from that ... 9 inch circumference = 2 inch rubber. done

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rubber-size and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.