Topic Stats

• 6 posts
  • 6 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by AaronZOOM
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 2 years ago

My folks bought a Williams Indiana Jones table for my brothers and me when we young boys. Me, my wife, and 2 kids moved back home and are living with my folks for the time being. Needless to say I've been logging a handful hours every night on the table, and I'm starting to run into a couple issues that need fixed. The only repair place in town closed down a handful of years ago, and I would say I am the opposite of handy and really don't want to ruin the table, so any help would be much appreciated.

I need to replace a good chunk of the rubber rings. I think I can handle most of them except the 3-1/2" one under the right ramp. Do I have to take the ramp off completely or should I be able to remove the plastic underneath it and slip it on?

I'm also replacing all the drop targets, but found a few different post that were helpful. However, I figured this would be a good time to clean the playfield since it hasn't been cleaned in 15+ years. If I want to get to the loop under POA, is it tricky to remove POA and reattach it? Or would I be able to clean under it without removing it?

#2 2 years ago

I havent torn down your title, to share specific answers, but in general, Yes, you should tear down as much as you can and are comfortable with to clean, wax, and change rubbers out.
There are high volume threads with regard to cleaning, and waxing, along with the debates of material choices.

A good choice for all the supplies you need is Pinballlife.
You might likely wish to change your bulbs to LEDs, at the same time.

Regarding difficult cleaning, there are methods of rags on snakes, to clean hard to reach areas, on back loops, and deep levels.
Not a perfect answer, but helpful.

Regarding IJ specific tear downs, you will likely get more help if you post your question in the IJ specific threads, that have daily visits.

Good Luck!

Art

#3 2 years ago

Porter - as Old Guy suggested, read thru the Indiana Jones thread.

To answer your specific questions - removing the POA is not difficult, but intimidating. There are several step by step instructions in the IJ thread. You will need to remove the ramps to replace the slingshot rubbers. (I think that's what you're referring to.)

You will need to remove the POA, ramps, ruins, and some plastics to replace all the rubber rings. If you're going to replace them, to me its an all or nothing. Before proceeding, take lots of pictures from every angle. Digital pics are cheap. Take several pictures before and after every step you do. For spacers, put a ruler on them so you can keep track of length during teardown. Take more pics than you think is necessary.

I agree with LEDs - the connectors are right at being undersized, and will burn up over time. There are several places that sell LED kits for IJ, or you can go it alone. If you go it alone, I suggest a cruise thru the thread of No Rainbow puke club so you can get an idea of what the different colors are.

For the middle drop targets, keep in mind the middle drop is thicker than the outer ones. If they're not broke, maybe new stickers on the faces will give you the look you need. Again, the IJ thread has links.

One other thing - and this is very scary - you mentioned the family has had the machine for fifteen years. Are the batteries fresh? Any signs of leakage? While in there, take a look at the connectors on the bottom of the largest board to see if any of them are starting to burn. This is the first point of failure for the light circuits. If not sure, post several pics - someone will chime in.

Welcome to Pinside, and you can learn to do this.

#4 2 years ago

I would clean what you can reach, INCLUDING the subways *very important(plastic tunnels the ball travels thru, underneath the PF), but I wouldn't go whole hog. If you can, break the PF up into pieces and deep clean one at a time. If you're new to it you probably don;t want to take everything off the machine and be left with 100s of pieces that need to go back together a certain way.

#5 2 years ago

IJ is one of the easier games to tear down. Take pictures and go slow, you will be fine. It will be dirty in a few days if you don't clean under the POA, the subways and the loop that is blocked by the ramps/POA. Make sure you identify and disconnect everything under the playfield (switches/flashers on the ramps, POA connectors) before you start taking things off the top.

#6 2 years ago

When people say "read through the Indiana Jones thread," THIS is the post they're talking about:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ij-williams-you-cheat-dr-jones-club

Here's where you want to ask for help with this specific game. There's a lot of good info already there, but more importantly these are the people who know the ins and outs of this machine.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
12,500 (OBO)
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 85.00
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 0.00
Playfield - Other
PinJewels

12,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Wilmington, DE
$ 29.00
$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
2step’s shop

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Wanted
$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

€ 160.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 78.50
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Haus

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Machine - For Sale
Las Vegas, NV
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 0.00
Lighting - Backbox
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 70.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rubber-ring-and-cleaning-help and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.