Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 15 posts
  • 8 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by Daditude
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screenshot_20221125-075933 (resized).png
    Screenshot_20221125-075952 (resized).png
    #1 1 year ago

Does anyone sell complete rubber O ring kits for machines? I’ve been looking and can’t find any. Or do I just have to get the O ring sizes I need from the manual and then go to Titan and order them all. Be much easier to be able to buy a complete kit.

#2 1 year ago
    Quoted from Spiderwolf:

Does anyone sell complete rubber O ring kits for machines? I’ve been looking and can’t find any. Or do I just have to get the O ring sizes I need from the manual and then go to Titan and order them all. Be much easier to be able to buy a complete kit.

Titan has game specific kits

#3 1 year ago

You can find them on pinside marketplace, ebay, and titan...amongst other places.

I really like to build my own through Titan

#4 1 year ago

Ive been to Titan a number of times and cannot find complete game sets. Where are you seeing those? When I do a search it comes up with nothing.

#7 1 year ago
    Quoted from Daditude:

You can find them on pinside marketplace, ebay, and titan...amongst other places.
    I really like to build my own through Titan

This is the best way to do IMO.

#8 1 year ago

Check PBR and Marcos. They both sell kits.

#9 1 year ago
    Quoted from Spiderwolf:

Ive been to Titan a number of times and cannot find complete game sets. Where are you seeing those? When I do a search it comes up with nothing.

Search game title, I will say, don’t count on any of those suggested kits being 100% accurate. I did that for Transformers, and two ring sizes were off. Colored Titans when stretched, lose the color dramatically. A few purples became whitish, waiting on correct sizes now.

To answer your question, there’s no accurate kits that I’ve encountered over the years. If going with basic black or white, have an extra multi kit on standby. If colored, order extras and possibly a size up on a few.

#10 1 year ago

Titan does have user-submitted kits, but even if they don't have a kit for your game, it's worth the extra struggle of ordering the rings individually. Their rings are soooo much better than the standard rings Marco or PBR sell

#11 1 year ago
    Quoted from Daditude:

What pin is it?

It’s for a Ghostbusters LE

#12 1 year ago

Thanks for the suggestions. Sounds like building the kit yourself is the way to go.

#13 1 year ago

I am a big supporter of the rubber that Marco sells.

In the search bar, type in the name of the game, and 'rubber kit'.

'Ghostbusters rubber kit'

Apparently there isn't much rubber difference between the PRO and the LE, so the kit they sell is:

https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/RK2218-2

Though I would do it in black:

https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/RK2218-1

I prefer the thick rubber shooter tips that Suzo/Happ sells, but I buy rubber in bulk, so in your case I'd just use what Marco sent me. Nevertheless, here is the link for the better shooter tip:

https://na.suzohapp.com/products/pinball_parts/25-1349-06

#14 1 year ago
    Quoted from Knxwledge:

Titan... Their rings are soooo much better than the standard rings Marco or PBR sell

Agreed.

However, for that 'original pinball' look and feel, silicon rings wouldn't be what I'd grab.

I think of silicon rings as an upgrade in reliability and appearance, but they don't quite have the same feel as the original pinball rubber.

(shrugs)

It depends on the project I'm working on.

For most people, I agree that Titan silicon rings are a good upgrade.

#15 1 year ago

There are specific kits for Ghostbusters that you can double check, but I would recommend glow rings on a GBLE.

https://www.titanpinball.com/kits/index.php/browse/bygame/5686

Here are Stern manual specifics:

Screenshot_20221125-075933 (resized).pngScreenshot_20221125-075933 (resized).pngScreenshot_20221125-075952 (resized).pngScreenshot_20221125-075952 (resized).png

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rubber-o-ring-kits-1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.