Finally got my wife's 50th Birthday present - a Ruby Red WOZ! What a beautiful machine. I've played 3 games so far, last one got 251,000 points. Setting are Extra Easy, 5 Ball, Ball Save 10 seconds, all outlanes and castle lanes tightened up. Spent about 6 hours setting the game up/modding it before turning it on for the first time. Added mylar to both Pops, etc.
Freight company delivered when I was at work and took the pic you see below. The box was wheeled straight into the garage and wife said he just pulled the cart right straight back out of the garage. Translation .... he trucked the box on the side that said DO NOT TRUCK THIS SIDE - why do they even bother to print that. No damage was done thankfully.
Unboxing pics attached. I was alone so … moved box to door. No way to cross threshold so … cut bottom of box off, add front legs, tip game to yellow HF cart. Pump with leg extended while "pulling" machine toward body as it "wants to walk back out the door" ugh … (it ended well!)
The game is unlike anything I have ever played. I'm a little stunned by it. Still not even 10% sure what is going on yet, but there were some modes that were simply (sound and light wise) stunning and really exciting to experience. Since writing this first tidbit, I've played more games and am even more impressed. What a game, what a light show, what sound and system choreography. Lots of work went into the sound/video/callout integration and it shows. Bottom line … it's about 50% BETTER than I thought it might be and I had high expectations.
More pics later as the 8 image limit has kicked in
• The Wizard Torch mod is awesome - just looks fantastic
• Removing the witch from her plastic casing is a must (another MezelMod)
• The lit Winkie target is also both visually and play experience necessary - looks amazing
• Adding the Cliffy at the Munchkin PF was easy and took just 15 minutes total
• Turned the power on the upper castle flipper up about 6 numbers - just seemed way too weak. Perfect now
• Don't add the topper as the direction say UNTIL you're sure it will clear the doorway with your pinskates on!
Issues in setup/mods:
• I had the problem with the sound "buzzing" but used video someone was kind enough to post. Worked like a charm.
• Back castle walls had to be "bent upward" slightly (easy fix) because ball consistently stuck up there
• Winkie target was roughly made/finished. Took a while to file and sand it smooth enough to drop cleanly
• Apron seems to have a defect with the laminate coming of - see my earlier posts if someone can ID what is wrong (if anything)
• Setting this beast up alone was a task - not recommended
Started at 7pm last night, finished around 1:15 am Friday. Did all of the work below
• Move machine to game area
• Cut box open and setup machine
• Lay backbox back down (too tall to fit through door)
• Move game into game room
• Close the left outlane (TNPLH) post by one hole, move ball guide out at same time
• Close castle field exit post on left side of exit (remove habitrails, then tiny wrench under PF)
• Add Mylar at top and bottom pops: Remove the wire ramp to gain better access. You can just lay it back without disconnecting the switch wires.
• Add Cliffy edge protector munchkin playfield (Cliffy instructions)
• Add wizard scoop protector (Cliffy instructions)
• Add witches well stone wall mod
• Add torchlight mod
• Add Winkie drop target
• Add State Fair balloon LED
• Add wizard black delrin surround
• Add shooter rod and painted housing
• Check: Witches screw drive in between opto switches (not rubbing one)
• Check: Crystal ball is not hitting the wire ramp (causes errors)
• Check: Lower Pop bumper is not hitting ball guide when activated (shaves metal)
• Check: Flipper coil stop on upper playfield for tightness
• Clean balls and add balls
• Turn the machine on
• Set to 5 balls
• Set to "Extra Easy" level
• Set to ball save (not a default setting)
• Set the Tree pops power to 10 and State Fair pops to 10
• Level the playfield
• Set playing angle at 6.5 degrees