Topic Stats

• 10 posts
  • 8 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 months ago by earthvsmattGR
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 7 months ago

Considering selling my Data East Royal Rumble to potential buy Popeye. I have never tried Popeye but the it looks like fun. Is that an upgrade or should I just hold onto my royal rumble ? What a decently price to sell Royal Rumble and a decent price for Popeye?

#2 7 months ago

#popeye has a reputation as one of the worst DMD games ever made. Be sure and play one before you make your decision.

#3 7 months ago

I found WWF insanely dull. It does the theme absolutely no justice whatsoever.

Popeye I love. Great sound, great DMD animations, totally unique layout that shoots really well, very deep code for a 90s game.

#4 7 months ago

I'd rather own Popeye. Pretty deep strategy and hard to beat. Can see everything in wwf in 1 or 2 balls.

#5 7 months ago
Quoted from dyno:

Considering selling my Data East Royal Rumble to potential buy Popeye. I have never tried Popeye but the it looks like fun. Is that an upgrade or should I just hold onto my royal rumble ? What a decently price to sell Royal Rumble and a decent price for Popeye?

Obviously there’s the popeye locally for 3500. I don’t think that price is too bad. I would offer 3k and see where it goes. CDmd looks cool on popeye. Gameplay is ok. I used to hate it but it’s grown on me over the year. Rumble better game imo but if you’ve played any game to death what does it matter.

If you want to sell royal rumble I will buy it. Pm me a number and we can hopefully work something out.

#6 7 months ago

I am still sitting on the fence if I want to sell Royal Rumble , but I would need to sell a pin to get another and that’s the only one I have that I would consider selling. I’ll let you know if I do decide to sell it. If I could get Popeye in the 3k ball park I would be ok with that but $3500 is more than I would want to be spending for it. You have a great collection , a very nice line up

#7 7 months ago

Do not buy any pin without playing it first. Best advice I can offer. If you like Popeye after playing, go for it!

#8 7 months ago

I would definitely try it before I buy it . My last pin I bought was a Nightmare on Elm Street , has never played it before buying it but I love it . I got lucky with that lol

#9 7 months ago

Love my WWFRR, have played popeye and wasn't thrilling for me.

#10 7 months ago

I own a WWFRR and love it- I'd suggest making it a bit more challenging (taking out rubbers, jacking up the pitch) if you find it boring.
I have only played Popeye a few times and couldn't get into it at all.

Good luck either way.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 159.99
$ 129.00
Lighting - Led
LED OCD
$ 40.00
Lighting - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside