(Topic ID: 197891)

Royal Rumble or L.A.H. Which one and why ?

By Flippermatt

2 years ago

Topic Stats

• 8 posts
  • 8 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by luvthatapex2
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 2 years ago

I have a shot of buying either one of these two D.E machines. I'd like to hear opinions of which one to chose. Taste and likes different as always but maybe one of them is a clear winner...

Thanks for any input
    // Matt

#2 2 years ago

I much prefer LAH as I find the play much better. Not being a wrestling fan may be a factor in this.

#3 2 years ago

Lah, magnet, crane, Arnold, more fun.

#4 2 years ago

Themes aside, because lets face it, they both have fans and haters...

WWF feels really scattered... things just kinda happen all over the place and modes seem to start and end randomly... but there is alot to shoot for. It's got an upper "ring" PF and a shaker motor. It's a widebody so it doesn't feel THAT crammed in there either. Also has a cool topper IF it happens to still be there.

LAH is a little more straight forward... light modes, start modes with a shot, qualify multiballs, etc... but it has ALL the bells and whistles for 93. Licensed music, 6 balls, laser (Raptor) kick, a shaker, magnets, the crane, lit topper and a Smart Missile feature.

If I had to choose.... oh... probably WWF.

#5 2 years ago

2 words: macho man

Also

Oh yeaaaaah!

#6 2 years ago

I love Data East games from this Era, and if your collection is up to date (mine sure isn't!) you should definitely add one. The more you have, honestly, the more alike they all are, but having one or two in a larger collection is great as they play really well.

WWFRR has a fascinating layout. I want to work on the code for this one in the future with Chad (we've worked together on JP, TFTC and Tommy already) because it could use a bit of tweaking to be made really awesome, but it feels weird in places.

LAH plays a lot like Jurassic Park, even down to the Smart Missile. The crane is a more interesting toy than anything WWFRR has, but it's no T-rex.

I have a WWFRR and I enjoy it, although I don't know it's a keeper. LAH I have never been interested in thanks to it being so similar to Jp.

1 week later
    #7 2 years ago
    Quoted from goatdan:

I love Data East games from this Era, and if your collection is up to date (mine sure isn't!) you should definitely add one. The more you have, honestly, the more alike they all are, but having one or two in a larger collection is great as they play really well.
    WWFRR has a fascinating layout. I want to work on the code for this one in the future with Chad (we've worked together on JP, TFTC and Tommy already) because it could use a bit of tweaking to be made really awesome, but it feels weird in places.
    LAH plays a lot like Jurassic Park, even down to the Smart Missile. The crane is a more interesting toy than anything WWFRR has, but it's no T-rex.
    I have a WWFRR and I enjoy it, although I don't know it's a keeper. LAH I have never been interested in thanks to it being so similar to Jp.

Code update would be sweet; I think less reliance on the scoops to get to rumble mode would be awesome, as that is really where the scoring happens.

OP - I've had my WWFRR for over 3 years and still love it; super fun pin; awesome theme for Wrestling fans...I've heard awesome things about LAH; can't go wrong either way IMO.

#8 2 years ago

I like the DE games in this year (1994) but I would pass on both LAH and RR. There are much better games than these 2 for around the same price for example Jurassic Park and TFTC or a little more and you can get a TOMMY.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 25.00
    Playfield - Protection
    ScottyMods
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 74.00
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    Id Rather Play Pinball
    $ 42.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    $ 100.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lermods
    $ 15.00
    Cabinet - Decals
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 229.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 69.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 3.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Doc's Pinball Shop
    $ 8,999.00
    Pinball Machine
    Great American Pinball
    $ 999.00
    Pinball Machine
    Mircoplayfields
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 90.00
    Lighting - Under Cabinet
    Rock Custom Pinball
    $ 7,599.00
    Pinball Machine
    Batman '66 Premium NIB Out of stock
    Little Shop Of Games
    $ 35.00
    Cabinet - Decals
    Pinball Haus
    $ 154.00
    Cabinet - Toppers
    Id Rather Play Pinball
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 34.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    pinballmod
    $ 99.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 9,999.99
    Pinball Machine
    Little Shop Of Games
    $ 2.50
    Playfield - Protection
    Pinball Mod Co.
    $ 7,499.00
    Pinball Machine
    Classic Game Rooms
    $ 5,799.00
    Pinball Machine
    Gulf Coast Pinball, LLC

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside