I bought a Data East Royal Rumble that I've restated, but I have issue with sound board : no sound from the game at all.
Here I've already did :
- Replace by a Pinsound -> working (CPU send good signal to sound board, speakers are OK and pot ok).
- Put BSMT2000 and 68EB CPU on a hook sound board -> the 2 IC working good
- Change memory chip -> not working (and change jumper setting)
- Test Memory chip on another board -> working
- Read all 27c4001 and 27c512 EEPROM to compare with original files with my programer -> Tests OK
- Check +12/-12/+5/-5v DC (on connector and Cxx on board) -> all ok
- Solders was bad on Amp, then I changed all 3 chips, but same issue.
I didn't test PAL on U19 and U20 (how to do to be sure if they are on or not ?)
I heard the "breath" un speakers when turn pot on max, but no FX or music (in DIAGNOSTICS menu)
I have an oscillo, but I don't know where starting next investigations on board... Now I really need your help