7 years ago

Topic Stats

• 70 posts
  • 33 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by mrgone
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 3 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

0331122014a.jpg
    0331122107b.jpg
    getit.jpg

There are 70 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
    #1 7 years ago

i received an offer to trade my royal rumble for a lotr.my rr,the good. plays 100%
    cad good overall,a few scrapes and dings.translight good with some fading in the lower left corner.
    lotr,p/f looks good from pics. translight looks good from pics. cab has some scratches and dings and some rubbed off areas on the front. it also has an led kit. what would you do?

#3 7 years ago

here is where i get flamed. i like the books.i liked the movies. the game,meh. although i have only played a routed to death one with almost all the lights burnt out. so that can have an effect on the game play.

#4 7 years ago

That is a silly trade offer for starters. A LotR in decent shape is worth at least twice what a RR is worth. If the LotR works and isn't a wreck inside, do not hesitate! (Don't get me wrong; I happen to own both and like RR a lot, but LotR is worth a lot more so for an even-up trade, it's a no-brainer.)

#5 7 years ago

that's kinda what i was thinking. the lotr owner is just bored of it and after having rr for over a year im ready to move on to a new game. i do enjoy it and its an amazing bang for the buck pin. im just jonesing for something new.

#6 7 years ago

Go for it, trades like this don't happen too often.

#7 7 years ago
    Quoted from kwiKimart:

Go for it, trades like this don't happen too often.

Hurry!

#8 7 years ago

so,if say in 6 months i want to trade it for say dr who or jm,or another b list i should have no problem?

#9 7 years ago

Do it 10 minutes ago!!

#10 7 years ago

I am up in Medford, and will trade you a very nice Fish Tales as soon as you are sick of it....

#11 7 years ago

are you really saying you can get a LOTR for a RR? wow, i'd probaby sleep on that one go for it!

#12 7 years ago
    Quoted from stevebighead:

I am up in Medford, and will trade you a very nice Fish Tales as soon as you are sick of it....

that sounds good. i missed out on a fishtales a while back.
    he still has not told me anything about the working condition of the game and he is 4 hours away.
    the only time i could even get to it would be this sunday as i have a trade show on saturday.

#13 7 years ago
    Quoted from Ballsofsteel:

are you really saying you can get a LOTR for a RR? wow, i'd probaby sleep on that one go for it!

i put out a feeler on here and on a local fourm and i got a reply for a possible trade for a lotr. the cab has got some big scrapes in it but the pf looks good.

#14 7 years ago

No problem. I was going to put the Fish Tales up but am in no hurry. It hs no cabinet fade or playfield wear and I would love a LOTR. I would even drive down there to make a trade. Let me know and feel free to pm me with any questions (can send you pics).

#15 7 years ago
    Quoted from stevebighead:

No problem. I was going to put the Fish Tales up but am in no hurry. It hs no cabinet fade or playfield wear and I would love a LOTR. I would even drive down there to make a trade. Let me know and feel free to pm me with any questions (can send you pics).

yes i can send pics. i have to send the lotr guy pics of the rr now.

#16 7 years ago

Do it 10 minutes ago!!

Do it yesterday!!!!!

getit.jpg

#17 7 years ago

Wow, what a trade!

You can probably get two B pins for a LOTR.

#18 7 years ago

I meant I can send you pics. Pm me your email address and I can send you some.

#19 7 years ago

So... A strait trade for a RR for a LOTR. YEAH, that should be a done deal.

Quoted from mrgone:

here is where i get flamed. i like the books.i liked the movies. the game,meh. although i have only played a routed to death one with almost all the lights burnt out.

I bet a week after you own it, you will be singing a different tune.

#20 7 years ago

even if the cab on the lotr is pretty scraped up?

#21 7 years ago
    Quoted from mrgone:

yes. just place her inbetween 2 other pins and nobody will notice... you play the game on the playfield right? a LOTR will hold value even with a thrashed cab. a mint Royal Rumble is nice, but it's no "Epic Journey" hahahaha

unless you have a thing for sweaty WWF wrestlers? lol, you had that comming. good luck on your trade, let us know what happens.

#22 7 years ago
    Quoted from mrgone:

so,if say in 6 months i want to trade it for say dr who or jm,or another b list i should have no problem?

All I have to add...

I'd carry my JM from Wisconsin to California to make that trade.

#23 7 years ago

you should get that trade done before he sobers up...great deal for you

#24 7 years ago

Yeah, I don't know why he's still contemplating it...
    Scraped up sides?!?
    Oh noes! Not the 80's dot matrix!!!

#25 7 years ago
    Quoted from mrgone:

As long as the playfield is nice, and nothing wrong with the boards. Yeah, the trade should of already been done.

#26 7 years ago

Yes it's a very good trade as long as the boards and playfield are in good condition.You can flip LOTR very quickly...But it all boils down to what you want,Good Luck

#27 7 years ago

This ranks right up there with the one about the guy that found a TSPP next to the dumpster behind a CHuck E. Cheese..

#28 7 years ago

ok,i emailed the lotr guy that im up for the trade. i have not heard back yet. i will keep you all posted.

#29 7 years ago
    Quoted from lpeters82:

mrgone said:so,if say in 6 months i want to trade it for say dr who or jm,or another b list i should have no problem?
    All I have to add...

thats the best laugh i have had in days. thanks. its looking like a go so far. now we have to work out the details. i might find i love it. its a case of i just want something new and i love deep games.the lotr owner is a big wrestling fan so this will hopefully work out for both of us.

#31 7 years ago

Great job mrgone!
    Better PM RGR for that double Valinor strategy!

Good luck with the swap!

#32 7 years ago
    Quoted from BillinIndiana:

This ranks right up there with the one about the guy that found a TSPP next to the dumpster behind a CHuck E. Cheese.

I think I remember reading about that,He loaded it up as quickly as he could and took off before they called the cops.

Chuckie cheese's policy is It must be dumped!!No giveaways,I asked a manager about that policy and he said it was due to Insurance reasons that games would have to be broken down and thrown away.

#33 7 years ago

After owning WWFRR myself i can say that you would definately be UPGRADING, and LOTR will resell much better.

#34 7 years ago

Hope it works out for you mrgone that is a heck of a trade! Please let me know if you hear of any other LOTR owners in the area looking to get rid of it.

#35 7 years ago

It's not April 1st, is it?

#36 7 years ago
    Quoted from Wickedquickss:

you should get that trade done before he sobers up...

or give him another beer and tell him you'll do the trade if he puts 1k on top of that if he wants your RR... he will probably say yes!

just joking...

#37 7 years ago

update. the seller and i have been emailing each other for the last few days.i have a trade show tomorrow and can not make the trip. the seller can not do it this sunday or next weekend. so it looks like we are 2 weeks out before we can make this happen. if it does happen. i will keep you posted.

#38 7 years ago

Seriously, drop whatever you are doing and make the trade!

#39 7 years ago
    Quoted from lpeters82:

Seriously, drop whatever you are doing and make the trade!

im trying. i offered to pick it up this sunday. he emailed back he cant do it this sunday or next weekend. he is 4+hours away so it makes it a little bit of a challenge for me since i work 50=60 hours a week and have a family. i have to wait and see. im hopeful it will pan out.

#40 7 years ago
    Quoted from pinmike:

BillinIndiana said:This ranks right up there with the one about the guy that found a TSPP next to the dumpster behind a CHuck E. Cheese.

I think I remember reading about that,He loaded it up as quickly as he could and took off before they called the cops.
    Chuckie cheese's policy is It must be dumped!!No giveaways,I asked a manager about that policy and he said it was due to Insurance reasons that games would have to be broken down and thrown away.

Wow are you serious? Hard to believe! Anyways ya LoTR all the way!

#41 7 years ago

As long as he's being sincere and not just stringing you along it shouldn't be a problem waiting a bit longer. Then again it IS LOTR and you should have already been there- and back again! *rimshot*

#42 7 years ago

Is this thread real? Is this real life? Rr for lotr?!?!

#43 7 years ago
    Quoted from mrgone:

i will keep you posted.

I'm guessing the LotR isn't up for sale elsewhere. A RR trade up for a LotR....I'd make room in my schedule to do that deal. I'd hurry and consummate the deal before the prozac wears off.

#44 7 years ago
    Quoted from Winball_Pizard:

Is this thread real? Is this real life? Rr for lotr?!?!

the lotr owner states that he is really into wwf/wwe and he has grown tired of lotr.

1 week later
    #45 7 years ago

update,after much schedule conflict on both the seller and myself,i am going to pick up lotr saturday.so hopefully i will be posting pics of it in my home befor sunday night.

#46 7 years ago

You must be excited that is a hell of a trade for you! Good luck hope the pickup goes smoothly for ya.

#47 7 years ago

yes pics, can't wait too see the condition... i mean damn if it looks great it's a very nice deal!

#48 7 years ago

Mrgone really why is this a forum topic

It should read like this.

WOW just got the trade of the century.....

and pictures of your new LOTR

Someone in my area want to trade CC for my SMB?
    no cash of course I am not even bored with it but if you like the theme we can make it happen.

Come on man if this guy is not trying to scam you then why are you not already there?

I took a day off and drove 4 hours each way to get my IJ and I payed over market for ... it at the time. Seriously someone make me a deal like this and I promise not to ask. I will show and tell after.

#49 7 years ago

Wow - you won't regret making the trade. Heck of a deal!

#50 7 years ago

Mrgone really why is this a forum topic
    It should read like this.
    WOW just got the trade of the century.....
    and pictures of your new LOTR
    Someone in my area want to trade CC for my SMB?
    no cash of course I am not even bored with it but if you like the theme we can make it happen.
    Come on man if this guy is not trying to scam you then why are you not already there?
    I took a day off and drove 4 hours each way to get my IJ and I payed over market for ... it at the time. Seriously someone make me a deal like this and I promise not to ask. I will show and tell after.

Wow,i just got the trade of the century. here are the pics.only two so far,i just got home a bit ago and i suck at taking pics with my phone.

0331122107b.jpg 0331122014a.jpg

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 79.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 39.99
    Lighting - Interactive
    Lee's Parts
    $ 45.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Sparky Pinball
    $ 17.99
    Playfield - Decals
    Lermods
    $ 219.99
    Lighting - Led
    PinballBulbs
    $ 5.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Metal-Mods
    $ 200.00
    Lighting - Interactive
    Professor Pinball
    $ 12.99
    $ 75.00
    Playfield - Other
    Great American Pinball
    Lighting - Interactive
    Professor Pinball
    $ 9,500.00
    Pinball Machine
    Nitro Pinball Shop
    $ 7.49
    Electronics
    Yorktown Parts and Equip
    $ 149.00
    $ 24.25
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    $ 24.00
    Playfield - Other
    Pin Monk
    $ 69.00
    Playfield - Protection
    The MOD Couple
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 14.00
    Electronics
    Yorktown Parts and Equip
    £ 80.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Sillyoldelf Mods
    $ 26.50
    $ 12,500.00
    There are 70 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside