Royal Rumble Ball Trough HELP request

By Outsidedge

8 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 8 years ago

Hey all,
I am working on a DERR and the ball trough is not being recognized in switch test at all. All switches are good. I checked them all as far as continuity.
In switch test it does not even react to closing any of the trough switches. The game also says "6 balls missing" in normal mode. I see no hacks that make me suspicious ... what gives?
Seems like the entire row of roller micros are not even being seen???

Any ideas?

#2 8 years ago

First make sure the wiring harness that bundles all switch wires at the connector. These wires often get pinched. Chech the connector also.

#3 8 years ago

Will do! Will check tonight. i assume you mean the connector near the tough itself. Visually is did not look comprimised... But I will get my trusty meter out to test this evening. Also continuity to CN8 at board(I think thats the one anyway) at the board

#4 8 years ago

Yes, at the trough. To the left of the out hole there is an idc connector for the switch harness wires.

#5 8 years ago

How about your shooter lane switch? All trough are on the same column, shooter lane switch is also there (switch matrix)

#6 8 years ago

Ahhhh.... found Q54 transistor is bad. That should do it! Also, since I had my meter out.. I looked at many more and found that Q39 was bad.... knocker and (some) flash lamps ... guess that explains when I try to put a new bulb in a number of them they just blow.. and the knocker wires were snipped. Guess that's like fixing that sound your car is making by turning up the radio.

Good stuff.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
Boards
PinSound
Boards
$ 189.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop
Toppers
Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/royal-rumble-ball-trough-help-request and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.