(Topic ID: 220406)

Royal Rumble ball eject and flashers not working.

By jp1985

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

AD698B71-3018-4130-837D-89A3E1F51972 (resized).jpeg
241D1E0E-96BC-4476-A8C7-D19B704FC53E (resized).jpeg
4BA521EB-467F-4B20-92D1-59758BD4E177 (resized).jpeg
D3F311D0-064F-4C8F-8FDD-BCE5856B4143 (resized).jpeg
#1 5 years ago

We drilled out the cabinet lock since the key was lost. When we turned the machine back on, the ball eject in the trough and flashers stopped functioning. The lower drop targets also will not reset however the top drop targets work as well as the slings. I am going to try to swap fuses when they come in. I have attached of a picture of the leds on the board, one is not lit. I am not sure if it is supposed to be of not. Any ideas? Thanks

D3F311D0-064F-4C8F-8FDD-BCE5856B4143 (resized).jpegD3F311D0-064F-4C8F-8FDD-BCE5856B4143 (resized).jpeg
#2 5 years ago

Anyone?

#3 5 years ago

Let me check tomorrow when the kiddos aren't asleep!

#4 5 years ago

Mine is the same as your picture. Only the left and center are lit. The "P|A" on the far right is not lit.

#5 5 years ago
Quoted from lancestorm:

Mine is the same as your picture. Only the left and center are lit. The "P|A" on the far right is not lit.

Thanks for checking on it, fuses will be here Monday, hopefully that fixes it.

#6 5 years ago

I found this soldenoid that has a broken connection. In the manual it looks like this should be a knocker assembly. Is this correct or am I mistaken?

241D1E0E-96BC-4476-A8C7-D19B704FC53E (resized).jpeg241D1E0E-96BC-4476-A8C7-D19B704FC53E (resized).jpeg4BA521EB-467F-4B20-92D1-59758BD4E177 (resized).jpeg4BA521EB-467F-4B20-92D1-59758BD4E177 (resized).jpeg
#7 5 years ago

Ues that is the knocker coil. You need the bracket assembly.

#8 5 years ago
Quoted from chad:

Ues that is the knocker coil. You need the bracket assembly.

I don't think this is causing my drop targets and ball trough issues but I will fix it. I have replaced all fuses and my issues remain.

#9 5 years ago

Sounds like the coin door interlock switch is either open or closed when it should be closed or open or it just needs to be replaced. Or a wire fell off of it or is loose. WWFRR has that double interlock switch and I think one part of the switch comes out and the door pushes it in and the other switch can go in or be pulled out. Try to pull or push it in and try different combinations. I forgot the exact combo of how it should be.

#10 5 years ago
Quoted from phillymadison:

Sounds like the coin door interlock switch is either open or closed when it should be closed or open or it just needs to be replaced. Or a wire fell off of it or is loose. WWFRR has that double interlock switch and I think one part of the switch comes out and the door pushes it in and the other switch can go in or be pulled out. Try to pull or push it in and try different combinations. I forgot the exact combo of how it should be.

Can this be the case if the interlock message shows up only when the door is open?

#11 5 years ago

Make sure the tab that pushes them (switches) in is adjusted properly coin door.

#12 5 years ago
Quoted from chad:

Make sure the tab that pushes them (switches) in is adjusted properly coin door.

I will mess with the interlock tomorrow. Here is a pic of it from today.

AD698B71-3018-4130-837D-89A3E1F51972 (resized).jpegAD698B71-3018-4130-837D-89A3E1F51972 (resized).jpeg
#13 5 years ago
Quoted from jp1985:

Can this be the case if the interlock message shows up only when the door is open?

With WWFRR I definitely went to start a game a few times after working on it and the ball wouldn't eject because I messed with the interlock switches and didn't put them back. So the message doesn't have to be up to start a game or see attract mode.

3 weeks later
#14 5 years ago

Any luck with this? Im having the flashers and coils issue. Also blowing fuse f6.

1 month later
#15 5 years ago

I worked on it for awhile today. Re-soldered a bunch of cracked fuse holders on flipper boards, installed a new knocker, and replaced a bunch of fuses in back box.

I can play a full game if I feed the ball to the plunger. The only things not working are the DEAD drop targets (they don't reset), knocker on bottom of cabinet and the coil that shoots the ball up. I replaced either F6 or F7 (the one that isn't even related to coils) and it did shoot the ball up once then stopped working. The next time I replaced the fuse (even though it still looked good) it would not work again.

I'm thinking maybe I need to adjust those little clip sensors in the ball trough, that is something that could have caused it to work when I lifted and lowered play field.

#16 5 years ago
Quoted from DarthRaider:

Any luck with this? Im having the flashers and coils issue. Also blowing fuse f6.

Have you figured it out?

2 years later
#17 2 years ago

This doesn’t sound like the interlock button. The interlock button on WWF is the second lower switch (away from door) on the service controls. It has 3 phases. On (pulled out) - everything works. Off (pushed in) - the flippers and ball launch do not work (all solenoids really). And pushed in - on, but it’s temporary because it’s on a spring so you’d need to hold it in for it to stay on (this must be for briefly testing your work before turning power off again to solenoids to continue work).

#18 2 years ago
Quoted from jp1985:

I will mess with the interlock tomorrow. Here is a pic of it from today.
[quoted image]

I’m sure you resolved this long ago, but per my post: this machine is hacked to turn solenoids on by constantly pressing the interlock button. This is because whoever worked on it did not realize you can simply PULL THE BUTTON OUT. This also will run power to solenoids and does not require the hack job of extending lever on the door.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 35.00
Hardware
Filament Printing

Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 32.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 26.50
$ 99.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

Machine - For Sale
Ogden, UT
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 18.95
$ 28.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/royal-rumble-ball-eject-and-flashers-not-working and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.