By ChillyWilly

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 8 years ago

Hi all,
New to this forum, so hope I'm wording this correct. I have a Gottlieb Royal Guard ... everything works fine except that bumpers, slingshots, and other scoring rubbers (1s and 10s) don't register on the score reels. All the targets and rollovers score fine, it is only a problem with the 1s & 10s, rubbers & pop bumpers. Any ideas would be appreciated. Thanks!

#2 8 years ago

Check and make sure ALL jones plugs are clean and connected properly. On some pins, there is a small jones plug that connects in the head that people forget about. Easy check and start. Fuses all good and proper amp?

#3 8 years ago

If you manually actuate the 1 and 10 point relays (usually N and M in the backbox), do they score?

When you actuate a scoring feature on the playfield, do the 1 and 10 point relays energize?

#4 8 years ago

Wow! You all are fast. I appreciate the feedback, I will check those items when I get home from work this afternoon & let you know results.
Thanks!

#5 8 years ago

Checked all Jones plugs and cleaned them. All fuses visual & Ohm check good. 10s works now, but seems like 1s relay is stuck -- buzzing.

#6 8 years ago

10s works now and when manually actuated. 1s relay appears to be stuck on and Loud buzzing. Went playfield scoring actuated only the 10s works now ... The 1s features do not tally.

#7 8 years ago

Check all your playfield switches that score 1. Betting one is closed

-Jeff

#8 8 years ago
Quoted from way2wyrd:

-Jeff

I agree with Jeff.

One way you can troubleshoot is to remove all the rubber rings and test the 1 point switch with all rubber rings off.

This will allow you to easily see the switch.

Marcus

#9 8 years ago

Sounds good ... Going to check that now...Thanks!

Quoted from way2wyrd:Check all your playfield switches that score 1. Betting one is closed
-Jeff

Quoted from way2wyrd:

-Jeff

#10 8 years ago

Sounds good, going to check that now ... thanks!

#11 8 years ago

Thanks to all for your posts & advice. Found the culprit(s) ... Two of the upper playfield switches that score 1s were closed ... Readjusted and everything works fine. Thanks again!
Joe

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/royal-guard-wont-score-1s-and-10s?hl=banditboy and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.