• Latest reply 6 years ago by Vic_Camp
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0997 (resized).JPG
#1 6 years ago

Where can I find the targets for Royal Guard? I've gotten a little lost on Steve Young's website. Do I just order the target itself and how do I take off the old target without destroying the whole thing? The targets appear to be revited together. I know this may sound simple to some but its the little things like this that drive me crazy. Help is always appreciated. Finally got this wonderful Pin up and running. This is not an easy game and I love it!

IMG_0997 (resized).JPGIMG_0997 (resized).JPG

#2 6 years ago

Looks like that target at the far right was replaced. It's not correct, should be a solid color. Call pinball resource and ask them, or email Jimmy. Should be able to rivet a new one on.

#3 6 years ago

I replaced a target on my Royal Guard before i sold it and shipped it to Liverpool England. I bought the target from Steve Young. I just told him the color target i needed and the name of the game. He sent with a rivet. I hammered the rivet on the target bracket stem and installed on my game.

You will need to remove the playfield from the game and set it up on horses. Go here below to view three short videos i made explaining how i did it. I wish i could had someone video the actual target repair close up, but there wasn't time. Hopefully it helps some with your issue. I have over 25 other videos of some basic instructions on my Royal Guard on my youtube page if you want to view them for further basic knowledge. These days i have a way better HD camera that i use for video taping. I wish i had it when i made the 30+ videos of my Royal Guard.

https://www.youtube.com/edit?o=U&video_id=qYfHVWUQctk

You might want order a purple and green along with the red and change all three at one time. This way you will have all the correct factory colored targets that belong on the game.
Great player....i miss mine.

#4 6 years ago

Oh Vic,
Getting a response from the master, you have made my day, thank you!
I have seen each Video on your Royal Guard and can't tell you how much I have learned. I'm an old fart who is new to this wonderful hobby and this site makes it so much fun. The Royal Guard I purchased was ready for the dump but I refused to let that happen. With a lot of sweat and cursing I have now gotten this great game to 99% working and I love it. Thank you for your input. I'll call Steve Young and get the targets. I just hope I don't ruin anything getting the old ones off.

#5 6 years ago

Here is the key to success when attempting to getting the colored targets off and the new colored targets back on: make sure you unscrew all necessary plastic clips holding down the wire harness. This will allow you to lift the entire snap target assembly out of its normal position and let you maneuver it into a horizontal level position for easy access to remove and install all necessary stand up targets.

Take plenty of pictures and use a bright light to guide you along your way. Have a magnifier headset handy to keep the old eyes working like they did in the past. Glad to hear my videos helped you out.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/royal-guard-targets and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.