Topic Stats

• 6 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by Straight_Shooter
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 5 years ago

I'm trying to replace the fiberboard piece on the top section of a Royal Guard swing target unit. This is not the piece that connects the 2 solenoids. The wear causes the targets to not be exactly in front of the switch most of the time. I have the blank fiberboard from Pinball Resource that needs to be cut & drilled. Any suggestions, exact measurements and/or a template would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

#2 5 years ago

Bump! I guess I got the patience of a flea. Thanks again in advance for any input.

#3 5 years ago

Send some clear detailed pictures of the snap target unit where you need the repair made.

#4 5 years ago

Do you have the old piece? I just cut the material to the same length and used the old piece as a template to make a cardboard template. Do a dry fit with the cardboard to make sure you got it right (holes the right size) and then drill the material using the cardboard template so you don't make a mistake and waste it. Don't make the holes too tight or they will bind, too loose and you will continue to have the same problem.

#5 5 years ago
Quoted from gottguy:

Do you have the old piece? I just cut the material to the same length and used the old piece as a template to make a cardboard template. Do a dry fit with the cardboard to make sure you got it right (holes the right size) and then drill the material using the cardboard template so you don't make a mistake and waste it. Don't make the holes too tight or they will bind, too loose and you will continue to have the same problem.

Thanks for the advise from your experience. I'll post when it gets done. It's my friend's machine & he might even do it himself. I'll forward him this info. Who knows, maybe he will even join pinside.

#6 5 years ago
Quoted from Vic_Camp:

Send some clear detailed pictures of the snap target unit where you need the repair made.

Thanks for the offer, but first we'll try gottguy's proven plan.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Sale Pending!
Camp Hill, PA
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 68.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 20.00
Various Novelties
GC Pinball
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Creo Pinball
Playfield - Plastics
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 369.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Decals
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 5,999.00
Pinball Machine
Arizona Pinball
$ 79.99
Playfield - Decals
FlyLand Designs
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 90.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 45.00
$ 149.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
£ 32.00
$ 44.95
$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 55.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC
$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
3D MODS
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC
$ 27.99

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside