• Latest reply 6 years ago by Rufus
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Royal Guard power (resized).jpg
#1 6 years ago

This might be the dumbest and most embarrassing thing I've done in many years. I was cleaning the inside of my game when I knocked down the bar holding the play-field up and it came crashing down on my head. I'll give you a few minutes to stop laughing...
Now when I turn the game on it cycles fine but now not recording any scores. Pop up bumpers, sides and whatever doesn't give me any points. What the hell did I do???! Ball counter working and all the lights. HELP! It just seems like the game is dead. I've checked all the fuses.

#2 6 years ago

Where on the underside did your melon hit?

#3 6 years ago

Sorry to hear that. I hope you weren't injured... I know I always think about a playfield falling, so I usually use a long piece of wood as a back up to hold up the playfield...

Do you have a schematic for the machine? For now, if there is no scoring on the playfield after the playfield fell, then I would look at the playfield Jones plugs and look at any fuses that might be on the underside of the playfield. Unplug the playfield Jones plugs and then plug them back in to make sure they a tightly seated. Check for any broken fuses that might be under the playfield...

#4 6 years ago

I'm an old fart with not much hair on top so ever cut and gouge shows up well. When the play field came down it hit mostly on the front of my head and also my wrist. I did see stars...lots of Neosporin and some large band aids. Yes I have the schematics for the game. I was working on the back side of the ball counter and I believe I bent some of the switches when the playing field came down. I'm trying to figure out the correct alignment (which is open or closed) and running into some real issues. Some of the switches when closed actually start the "ones" counter advancing. Sure would be nice if I could read the schematic a little better.
The real frustration is I had the game at 95% working beautifully. All I needed to finish was the lights at the coin box and the special relay. I was having such a good day up until "CRASH".
Thanks for your help

#5 6 years ago
Quoted from Rufus:

Now when I turn the game on it cycles fine but now not recording any scores. Pop up bumpers, sides and whatever doesn't give me any points. What the hell did I do???! Ball counter working and all the lights. HELP! It just seems like the game is dead. I've checked all the fuses.

I'd check the switches along the right side of the schematic that supply power to most of the relays and solenoids.

Royal Guard power (resized).jpgRoyal Guard power (resized).jpg

Work your way up from the bottom. Do the R/Hold and T/Tilt relays work? If so check the switches on the X/Game Over and D/Reset relays.

/Mark

#6 6 years ago

That was it! The switches behind the ball counter. Now if I can get the game to end I'll be set. Counter goes from 1 to 5 but now won't "game over". I'll worry about it tomorrow. Thanks for your feedback.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/royal-guard-help?hl=fredsmythson and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.