Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 21 posts
  • 7 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by xddanx
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider fatpanda.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2 3 years ago
Quoted from xddanx:

My first question is about the 1000's reel. Some times it does not respond other times it mimics the 100's reel scoring and goes off when it should not. I watched a video and took apart the reel and cleaned some parts but not the slide mechanism, plunger always feels strong but the inside contact did not get as clean as I wanted. What is my next step?
2nd question, occasionally the 1 reel starts out with 5 points are these all the same issue?

I would start with your 1000 point relay (K) and 100 point relay (L). Make sure your switches are cleaned and that they make/break as they should. To clean the switches, use 600 grit sandpaper or a business card and gently apply pressure to the switches with the paper in between and pull it in/out. You should only need to do it a couple times.

As far as your second question goes, make sure that the score reel is assembled correctly and make sure that your switches are clean, make/break is the same as a working reel, and that the mechanical action is clean and not hampered in any way. Pay special note to the wire actuator on the score reel that moves in/out to make/break the switches. A good way to do this is to use a working reel as a reference point. Start each of them at zero, copy the working reel, then continue to move through the numbers, and ensure that the action is the same.

Do you have a schematic?

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider fatpanda.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/royal-guard-gottlieb-scoring-issue-?tu=fatpanda and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.