Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 21 posts
  • 7 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by xddanx
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider EMsInKC.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#5 3 years ago
Quoted from xddanx:

no schematics.
I ran a business card between all the relays
I watch in the back box and i do not see the relays fire for k-1000's when they are not supposed to but the reel turns regardless with the 100's reel, I do see the k-1000's fire when they are supposed to though.
EDIT i now see a slight spark not where the relay makes contact are but actually inside the cork part that holds all the contacts( i do not know the word for this part)

Business cards won't clean EM switches well.

Your switches on the 100s reel are out of adjustment as shown above. The 1 point reel issue is the zero position switch being out if adjustments.

#16 3 years ago
Quoted from xddanx:

Is there any way to increase the sweeping motion of sweep? I cleaned the contacts real good but most of the reels switches still stick in the 9 position?

You need to adjust the 9 position switch so that it just barely closes as the reel goes to 9. The wireform is having to work too hard to close the switch-too much deflection of the switch blades. The other end of the wireform rides on the reel and when there is too much tension on the wireform closing the 9 position switch that makes the reel drag as it tries to go to 9. This is a common Gottlieb decagon issue.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider EMsInKC.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/royal-guard-gottlieb-scoring-issue-?tu=EMsInKC and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.