Topic Stats

• 4 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by Cash_Riprock
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 3 years ago

I rebuilt flippers since the left one was weak. And put a new EOS switch in. It is set correctly which is, it is normally closed until the very end of stroke. And made sure all wires leading to the coil were well soldered. I put new sleeve and bushing on, the left flipper moves as freely as the right one but it just doesn't have the energy like the one on the right. Could this be the coil?

#2 3 years ago
Quoted from whaleboy:

Could this be the coil?

Probably not...whenever I have a similar issue it's usually a wire in the wrong spot or solder that looks good, but is not. I don't think coils hardly ever are the cause.

Maybe a pic would help? You did them 1 at a time so you had a reference I assume?

#3 3 years ago

Could it be that the left flipper isn't wired correctly? There are two coils (high power and low power) wound together. Usually the closed EOS switch bypasses current around the low power coil until the very end of the stroke. When the EOS switch opens current must go through both coils effectively making the whole thing a low power coil. If it's not wired properly, you could always be using the low power coil and switching the high power coil in and out with the EOS switch.

There's more detail here if you're interested:
www.funwithpinball.com/learn/flippers-coils-and-power

#4 3 years ago

Could also be the return spring is wound to tight. Should be just enough tension to bring the flipper back.

Also, if you have the flipper assembly directly against bottom of bushing it will bind. You should have a little gap. Figure like 2 business card thickness

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Sale Pending!
Camp Hill, PA
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 4.49
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply
$ 4.49
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply
$ 9,999.99
Pinball Machine
Little Shop Of Games
$ 7,699.00
Pinball Machine
Little Shop Of Games
$ 18.95
$ 81.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 84.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
3D Tech. Pinball Parts
$ 3.00
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 42.00
$ 64.00
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
2step’s shop
$ 9,500.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
€ 22.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
YOYOKOPTER MODS
$ 30.00
$ 159.00
$ 229.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 22.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
ModFather Pinball Mods
€ 3.70
Flipper Parts
Buthamburg
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside