• No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

80F71773-73B7-4E28-91B2-B633153B8395_zpsj4b3buqn.jpg
205A9FF0-52D3-4C2C-9470-FD6A90BE6C2E_zps3jy8kf2s.jpg
2BB38A04-2127-47E5-A747-7AE20CC7913D_zps4zul4iaw.png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider banditboy.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 8 years ago

Hi All,
First post as a member but been a regular lurker for a few months.. (Great forum by the way)

Be great if some of you guys could help out a guy with his first EM.

Problem is.....
When you turn the lights off on A.B.C.D.E for the special it doesn't light up 'C' above special but does light the red special below it, once lit it'll give replays when you hit the moving snap targets and side fan targets, you get a replay for every hit??

I've also noticed that when the ball goes down A or B it activates the ball exit 500 points when lit bonus?

Thx in advance for any help guys..

John

#3 8 years ago

Thx for that info DF.

I now understand how the bonus on the bottom rollover 500 points bonus are activated and now know the C doesn't light up during "Special"... thx.

But still wondering if this is correct??
Once ABCDE lights are out and i'm on the bonus feature should hitting the moving snap targets and side fans give credits during the ABCDE feature? Mine does this even if some are still lit, seems a little too easy to gain credits.

John

#5 8 years ago
Quoted from DirtFlipper:

Not sure I follow - if the ABCDE lights are out, how are some still lit?

Sorry, I mean the coloured lights below the moving snap targets, hitting those during ABCDE special gives credits.

Am I right in thinking that once ABCDE have been put out the only way you can get a bonus credit is to go down 'C' rollover on this feature?

Again, thx.

#7 8 years ago

So should the 'C' bulb above the red special re-light to highlight the rollover for the special, and should you only get a credit if it rolls down the 'C' rollover and not AB or DE ?

For some reason on mine once all lights at the top are out the machine goes crazy giving credits for hitting the moving snap targets.

I'm sure the moving snap target is working fine because once you hit all 8 snap targets the machine alternates between the 2 fan targets giving a credit if the one that's lit is hit.

Really appreciate the help with this being my first EM.. (Frustrating things. eh)

John

#9 8 years ago

Oh-No......... This might be over my head...
Where should I be looking for the problem or where the hack might be??
Already had a few shocks from it so a little scared to tinker... lol
Thx.

Would you know what these are for?
2BB38A04-2127-47E5-A747-7AE20CC7913D_zps4zul4iaw.png2BB38A04-2127-47E5-A747-7AE20CC7913D_zps4zul4iaw.png2BB38A04-2127-47E5-A747-7AE20CC7913D_zps4zul4iaw.png2BB38A04-2127-47E5-A747-7AE20CC7913D_zps4zul4iaw.png

#11 8 years ago

Yes I have the schematic for this machine but being new to all this it's hard to understand, looks very complicated

#13 8 years ago

Thx for all this, will have a look at the weekend when I take the machine home from work, I've given it a new paint job since buying it...

Please look out for me replying..

#15 8 years ago
Quoted from EMsInKC:

I hope you painted it in the proper scheme.

Similar, had to make it house friendly with less blue on........
Took a load of photo's during the restoration, when I get chance I'll do a thread in restorations on here.....
Quite proud of it with it being my first time.

How it was.....
205A9FF0-52D3-4C2C-9470-FD6A90BE6C2E_zps3jy8kf2s.jpg205A9FF0-52D3-4C2C-9470-FD6A90BE6C2E_zps3jy8kf2s.jpg

How I did it, also got new backglass since pic was taken from Vancouver.... traveled a fair few thousand miles..
80F71773-73B7-4E28-91B2-B633153B8395_zpsj4b3buqn.jpg80F71773-73B7-4E28-91B2-B633153B8395_zpsj4b3buqn.jpg

#17 8 years ago

Was also afraid of webbing..lol
Had to make it house friendly to ease it in past the wife.... Kitchen is quite large so I fancy decorating it out as an American diner...
Trouble is over here is that all the American retro stuff is hard to come by and if it is available it's very expensive.
I like the look of those neon signs and Coca Cola retro items. Even tho I prefer Pepsi..lol

#20 8 years ago

Think I've sorted it??
I also noticed I had a problem where the 'D' light didn't go off properly leaving it flickering, and after advice and reading other threads on Pinside I now understand a little more about how relays work and how they lock in and then reset.
Anyway, I plucked up some courage and dove in, cleaned a few contacts and altered the gap on others then, "Hey Presto", it's now working..

Thx guys.....

3 months later
#21 8 years ago

Still getting this problem?.. When ABCDE are all out I still get the problem of everytime I hit the moving snap targets it puts a game credit on?

1 month later
#22 8 years ago

Still getting this problem?? Once ABCDE are out everytime the ball hits the moving snap targets it gives a credit...
Corrected itself but has gone back to doing this... Could it be an incorrectly set relay contact on the main bank?

Thx for any thoughts

BB

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider banditboy.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/royal-guard-abcde-special-problem?tu=banditboy and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.