Royal flush vs OXO

By Pinballark

5 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 5 years ago

Hi.
I know it's very personal with these vs-topics, but I still would love to hear what u think about these games as I can buy one of em.
I like EM and want yet another pin beside my Old Chicago
Thanks

#2 5 years ago

Both are fun but I would go with Royal Flush. It's an all time classic that never gets old.

#3 5 years ago

Royal Flush cause it's a Gottlieb!!

#4 5 years ago

I like royal flush more.

#5 5 years ago

I had a Card Whiz (2 player version of RF) and wish I still had it. The bonus unit is complicated and can take some work to adjust right, but worth the hassle. Excellent gameplay for a multiplayer EM.

#6 5 years ago

Not liking OXO doesn't have toi do with me owning a RF...OXO is just not a very good game IMO

#7 5 years ago

OXO was my first pinball and is still my favorite. The DC pop bumpers and sling shots make OXO a fast game. More on OXO here:

http://www.pecospinball.com/OXO_and_XOX.shtml

OXO is one of the best Williams games of the 70s. Royal Flush is one of the best Gottlieb games from the 70s. You can’t go wrong with either. Can you swing both?

If you can only choose one, I would recommend OXO, but I am highly biased. Do you like pointy people? OXO IS pointy people!

#8 5 years ago
Quoted from Pecos:

OXO was my first pinball and is still my favorite. The DC pop bumpers and sling shots make OXO a fast game. More on OXO here:
http://www.pecospinball.com/OXO_and_XOX.shtml
OXO is one of the best Williams games of the 70s. Royal Flush is one of the best Gottlieb games from the 70s. You can’t go wrong with either. Can you swing both?
If you can only choose one, I would recommend OXO, but I am highly biased. Do you like pointy people? OXO IS pointy people!

Thanx all, for the comments.
OXO might be the first pinball I played, and I remember it was often on locals. I havent played it since late 70's so maybee it's just a good memory? However...I have now switched almost all my newer 90- late Stern for the great feel of EM's
RF is a game I think looks interesting, but I have never played it.
Yes I can get both, but it's a long drive to get em on 2 different directions from my home...hmm I better get em both
Thanx!
Stefan Sweden.

#9 5 years ago

Nostalgia is huge for a lot of people in this hobby. If it means something to you get the OXO . You should be able to find a card whiz or royal flush fairly easily.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Gameroom - Decorations
Pin Art

$ 25.00
Various Other Swag
JK Pinball

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/royal-flush-vs-oxo and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.