2 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

RF Z relays (resized).JPG
#1 2 years ago

Working on this for friend going back next week any help appreciated. When starting game score reels don't move or reset, but completes reset and let's you play game with last game score still there. I can manually push Z1 and Z2 to make them reset. Don't understand how it's letting game start without zeroing out. I have no manual or schematic

#2 2 years ago

I'd look carefully at the Z1 and Z2 relays. There's a switch on each that's normally closed, but should open during the reset sequence when each relay is energized. I can't post a pic of the schematic in that area, but the wire colors on the Z1 switch are OR-WH-RED and BL-WH-RED. The wire colors on the pertinent Z2 relay switch are OR-WH-RED and BR-WH-RED. If those switches aren't opening when the relays are energized, I think they would just bypass the score reel switches and allow the rest to continue.

Do those relays energize at all during the reset?

#3 2 years ago

No they don't energize at all. I can manually push it and everything resets to zero. What should be energizing them and why is game starting without zeroing out?

#4 2 years ago

Here's a relevant snippet from the schematic. The path to turn on the Z relays is in red. If your Z relays aren't turning on at all, then check pos 20 and 21 on the player unit and a switch on the AX relay. I'd check that AX switch first - those AX relays are notoriously finicky.
RF Z relays (resized).JPGRF Z relays (resized).JPG

That m/b AX switch has a YEL-BL wire on one side and RED-WH (or a jumper) on the other side. Good luck!

#5 2 years ago

Thanks that info is very helpful I'm going over there early next week hopefully can report back good news.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 12.00
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/royal-flush-reset-issue and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.